Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The biggest play in the Bengals Steelers game was...
Ignoring all the conspiracies and fouls...

The failed two point conversion has be right up there in the top three.

And i just read (MMQB) that AJ Green was NOT on the field for that play? Really?
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2016, 11:51 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ignoring all the conspiracies and fouls...

The failed two point conversion has be right up there in the top three.

And i just read (MMQB) that AJ Green was NOT on the field for that play?  Really?

AJ doesn't do deuces.
Deuces are for those cats up north.
I believe it's contractual.
Ninja
Reply/Quote
Hue gets cute.
Reply/Quote
It's the refs fault somehow.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:27 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Hue gets cute.

Hue gets stupid.

Trying to run a sweep from the shotgun on a two-point conversion was almost as stupid as running a screen from inside the 5 (resulted in Dalton breaking hand).

The defense is obviously playing near the line and would be in the backfield before he could cut up towards the endzone.
Reply/Quote
I understood the reasoning.

Hated the call.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 08:56 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I understood the reasoning.

Hated the call.

The reasoning for the call or the reasoning for not having your best WR on the field for the play?
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
That was a terrible call.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: That was a terrible call.

When they ran that play I said to the guy next to me "wouldn't it be funny if they fumbled it and the Steelers returned for two points and that was the winning points?"

Of course the way it really ended was even worse.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 10:08 AM)GMDino Wrote: When they ran that play I said to the guy next to me "wouldn't it be funny if they fumbled it and the Steelers returned for two points and that was the winning points?"

Of course the way it really ended was even worse.

I think he almost did fumble it.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: The reasoning for the call or the reasoning for not having your best WR on the field for the play?

Reasoning for the call.

The play call is easy and they don't do it. When your shortest receiver on the field is going to be a running back and the rest are at least 6'3" (I think), throw a jump ball to Eifert or Green or Sanu. It's not that hard to figure out and it's more likely to end in 2 than that idiotic screen or whatever the hell that was.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:16 AM)GMDino Wrote: The reasoning for the call or the reasoning for not having your best WR on the field for the play?

Maybe Green was held out because he was faking a concussion. It's pretty common for a team's best receiver to lie about a head injury and get himself pulled in the final minutes of playoff games.
Reply/Quote
It was a terrible call. Almost as terrible as the 2 contributions in this thread by the member with a 6 in his username.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Wrong....biggest play was the fumble.

/thread.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wrong....biggest play was the fumble.  

/thread.

Possibly.  But remember that the Steelers were still at their own 9 yard line with 1:18 or so left on the clock and a QB with an injured throwing arm.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Possibly.  But remember that the Steelers were still at their own 9 yard line with 1:18 or so left on the clock and a QB with an injured throwing arm.

Yeah....but no fumble = game over.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah....but no fumble = game over.

Well one first down would have done it.

No fumble means probably FG and the Steelers get the ball back needing a TD.  Lots of variables still in play but it definitely would have helped the Bengals odds!
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:04 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It was a terrible call. Almost as terrible as the 2 contributions in this thread by the member with a 6 in his username.

Bradfaulk
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: Wrong....biggest play was the fumble.  

/thread.

Sum of all parts.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Possibly.  But remember that the Steelers were still at their own 9 yard line with 1:18 or so left on the clock and a QB with an injured throwing arm.

That's true but it wasn't after a punt or missed field goal. It was after a play where everyone in the world but Hill knows you need to hang on to the ball above anything else. The circumstances add to the degree of blame.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote