Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The brownies
Are either going to look really smart or really dumb after this draft. Passing on Wentz last year is leading the actively try to trade up this year for a lesser prospect in trubisky. When they suck again next year I guess they can trade their top pick for a boat load of picks again.

I think I would just as soon load up this year and get a better qb prospect next year. I hope they blow it royally.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How about AJM for the #25 pick???
Reply/Quote
Sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:27 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Sure

maybe they have their QB .. everyone thought they would trade Osweiler but they never did.. then when they could pick one with 12 pick they trade it... so the signs say they like Osweiler more than we might think
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: maybe they have their QB .. everyone thought they would trade Osweiler but they never did.. then when they could pick one with 12 pick they trade it... so the signs say they like Osweiler more than we might think

Osweiler is terrible. They're tanking for a top qb next year. They may go Webb at 25 or 33

Reply/Quote
the bears saved the day for the browns can't believe they traded up for mitch that is by far the worst pick in the draft so far. Not only that they traded up to move up one spot? like john lynch was serious about taking mitch Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:39 PM)seahawkscheat Wrote: the bears saved the day for the browns can't believe they traded up for mitch that is by far the worst pick in the draft so far. Not only that they traded up to move up one spot? like john lynch was serious about taking mitch Hilarious

It's more about how serious other teams were to trade there as well

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2017, 11:37 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Osweiler is terrible.  They're tanking for a top qb next year.  They may go Webb at 25 or 33

This. They may give Osweiler the team for parts of the season, but it'll just be because the future QB isnt on the team right now.

If im a Browns fan (I can say I am definitely not), then I'm very happy with both this and last year's drafts. They absolutely need to just tank until a strong QB prospect is there for an early pick. Still might not work, but I think they'd have thrown a lot of their progress away by drafting one of the QBs this year.
Reply/Quote
The trade by the Browns from 33 to 52 increases the likelihood of the Browns making an attempt to trade for McCarron in my view. The supposed depth of quality picks remaining will maybe also influence the Bengals willingness to trade, especially if multiple picks are offered. Couple that with the idea that all the truly top potential starter qb's off the board also. The remaining are viewed as projects that will take time.

The Browns make a splash yesterday. The rub is that they have been hammered by some for not picking a qb.
I think that they think the be patient yak is not cutting it anymore with a fan base that expects a move towards being competitive. Now. The last several seasons has changed things. These are not the old school rabid Browns fans.

I think that if the Browns do pick up another qb, they would let go of Hogan. The Bengals would be well served in acquiring him. He has a lot to like. He is a good athlete,smart decision maker. Good arm. His release is different. Puts in the mind of Rivers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cards would make a try also. They might be thinking Palmer says adios after this season. So maybe the Bengals could also be looking at a deal involving future picks.

After the trades of yesterday, the Browns own the Texans 1st and 2nd next draft.
Reply/Quote
I think the Browns killed it. Great draft by them. Their QB wasn't there so they didn't force it. They might have the best D line in a few years while we have the worst Oline. How many of you feel confident in our Oline blocking Garrett, Shelton, Brantley(if he's not in jail) the other top ranked DT out of Charlotte, Not going to try to spell his name, and the other starters they have now. Balt drafted a lot of pass rushers last year and this year again. I think it's going to be another long season for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2017, 04:29 PM)Lil Mikey Brown Wrote: The trade by the Browns from 33 to 52 increases the likelihood of the Browns making an attempt to trade for McCarron in my view. The supposed depth of quality picks remaining will maybe also influence the Bengals willingness to trade, especially if multiple picks are offered. Couple that with the idea that all the truly top potential starter qb's off the board also. The remaining are viewed as projects that will take time.

The Browns make a splash yesterday. The rub is that they have been hammered by some for not picking a qb.
I think that they think the be patient yak is not cutting it anymore with a fan base that expects a move towards being competitive. Now. The last several seasons has changed things. These are not the old school rabid Browns fans.

I think that if the Browns do pick up another qb, they would let go of Hogan. The Bengals would be well served in acquiring him. He has a lot to like. He is a good athlete,smart decision maker. Good arm. His release is different. Puts in the mind of Rivers.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cards would make a try also. They might be thinking Palmer says adios after this season. So maybe the Bengals could also be looking at a deal involving future picks.

After the trades of yesterday, the Browns own the Texans 1st and 2nd next draft.

First sentence, second paragraph in the running for unintentional humor post of the year! "The Browns make a splash yesterday." Yes they did.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Love what the Browns are doing, personally. Got a developmental guy later on and drafted some good players. They're not so clueless anymore.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2017, 06:08 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Love what the Browns are doing, personally. Got a developmental guy later on and drafted some good players. They're not so clueless anymore.

Hue learned from the best.  Ninja
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote