Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The catch that wasn't that I thought was
The ball to Ross that was called incomplete and then challenged and still called incomplete.

He had a hand under it and the other on the side. Yes, it hit the ground but it's allowed to if the players is in control and he was. IMO, they blew it twice.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Was a very close call but figured it was going to be ruled incomplete. I didn't have a problem with it TBH.
Reply/Quote
I thought he had it...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It was about as close as a play could be. Not enough either way to overturn on replay. If it had been ruled a catch on the field, it would have stood too...
Reply/Quote
It looked to me like it moved once it touched the ground. Definitely not enough to overturn the call, though.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: It was about as close as a play could be. Not enough either way to overturn on replay. If it had been ruled a catch on the field, it would have stood too...

refs were very consistant in not overturning the call on the field all game
Reply/Quote
Pretty much came down to what was called on the field. Thought it was a catch as well though
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2019, 03:51 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Pretty much came down to what was called on the field. Thought it was a catch as well though

Yeah.  Like the post before you said, they seemed to be sticking with what was called on the field.

This is the irritating part of it all.  They set standards for what constitutes a catch but don't always seem to stick to that standard.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote