Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The change in the DL this season
Just some basic stats on the DL this season...

22.5 sacks from the DL out of 28 for the team - in 11 games. Last season the entire D got 17 for the season.

Only 98 yards per game on the ground. Yes 4.2 YPC but it is deceptive as a couple of explosive runs in there are inflating it.

4 FF I could locate.

Trey is so far looking like the smartest signing in Free Agency and BJ Hill was stolen in that trade from the Giants.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The DL was a factor on the pick-six, as Ben could not step into the throw. The lack of mustard on it allowed Hilton the time to undercut the route.

Reader being healthy and hale has been a huge improvement. Ogunjobi has been more than solid. Tupou and BJ Hill are VERY solid backups. Only Reader signed beyond this year.

Hendrickson has been golden. Worth every penny. Hubbard is a good all-around DE. DE depth a tad shaky with Ossai out. Hope one of Kareem C. Sample, or Rey take a step forward.
Reply/Quote
All our dts outside reader are FAs next year?
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 06:58 PM)Joelist Wrote: Just some basic stats on the DL this season...

22.5 sacks from the DL out of 28 for the team - in 11 games. Last season the entire D got 17 for the season.

Only 98 yards per game on the ground. Yes 4.2 YPC but it is deceptive as a couple of explosive runs in there are inflating it.

4 FF I could locate.

Trey is so far looking like the smartest signing in Free Agency and BJ Hill was stolen in that trade from the Giants.

2 more TsFL again today, to go along with the sack.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 07:27 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: All our dts outside reader are FAs next year?

This had me worried. But if you can't sign both Ogunjobi and Hill then you have the whole season to decide which one you want. Hopefully Shelvin will be ready to contribute next year.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 09:19 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This had me worried. But if you can't sign both Ogunjobi and Hill then you have the whole season to decide which one you want. Hopefully Shelvin will be ready to contribute next year.

So those two are ours in 2022-23?
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 09:26 PM)Sanforbd Wrote: So those two are ours in 2022-23?

Well those guys are the free agents that will be potentially lost after this season. I was just saying I'd like to keep this defense intact but if you can't make a run at whichever they like most.
Reply/Quote
I admit that I had preferred Lawson to Hendrickson, but will gladly admit that I was clearly wrong.
Reply/Quote