Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The competition with regard to the offensive line
Wasn't the Ravens defense doing the exact same thing to our offense the last time we played them last year i.e. batting balls down at the line?

They've figured something out about our offense, whether it's cadence or they just pain know what we're doing.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 01:42 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Cedric Ogbuehi might be best used at RG, which was a position he played well at Texas A&M.
He has clearly struggled sticking with rushers on the outside, so his best usage might be in more confined quarters.

If the season falls through, I'd like to see Andre Smith at LT and Ogbuehi moved to RG in hopes of finding some spot he may be halfway decent at.

If that ends up working out and Fisher pans out at RT, the Bengals might only have to look for a new LT and C in the draft.

I get the idea, but Ced has shown to be just as bad again power rushers. The Cedric excitement is quickly heading towards failure.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 12:10 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: I get the idea, but Ced has shown to be just as bad again power rushers. The Cedric excitement is quickly heading towards failure.

Yea I'm really just trying to find SOME value in him. I don't have confidence he can be a solid starter at either OT position.
Given his best position in college was RG, I think that's his best shot to be serviceable as a starter.
Ultimately, he may never possess the physical ability and demeanor to handle power.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2017, 12:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Yea I'm really just trying to find SOME value in him. I don't have confidence he can be a solid starter at either OT position.
Given his best position in college was RG, I think that's his best shot to be serviceable as a starter.
Ultimately, he may never possess the physical ability and demeanor to handle power.

I watched Ced closely Sunday, til I couldn't stomach the game anymore. Putting him at RG isn't the answer. Ced just doesn't get it. On Suggs' first bullrush, he and Cedric were already in Andy's lap before he got his hands up. Another poster pointed that out in the 1st preseason game. Why he can't get his hands up to control the defender is beyond me, either he is too stupid to do it or just can't lift his arms....
Reply/Quote