Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cost of raising fragile children
(11-12-2015, 11:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey pat called it scientific, not me; I was merely supporting him. So their race is ambiguous? Why not just go by what US census bureau classifies them as?
http://www.census.gov/topics/population/race/about.html

The whole point was to point to the irony of "correctly" calling someone a racist because they slur those of their own race.

You don't have to look it up; what race do you consider the majority of the population from Middle-East and those whose ancestry comes from the region?

What race do you think the majority of White American Southerners consider Middle Easterners?

We aren't speaking to archaic scientific classifications of "Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid" that suggest that race is a biological classification despite the fact that I can have more genetically in common with a 5'11" black man than I do with a 6'5" white man. We're talking about how the concept of race is understood by society and used to subjugate others in society. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-12-2015, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So blacks and whites can be the same race if they share a social construct? 
I assumed that your willingness to engage in a reset here meant you would stop feigning ignorance and building straw men every time you hit a wall.

I guess this response of yours says otherwise...

(11-12-2015, 11:49 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: What race do you think the majority of White American Southerners consider Middle Easterners?

We aren't speaking to archaic scientific classifications of "Caucasoid, Negroid, and Mongoloid" that suggest that race is a biological classification despite the fact that I can have more genetically in common with a 5'11" black man than I do with a 6'5" white man. We're talking about how the concept of race is understood by society and used to subjugate others in society. 
You guys are funny. You gave me the scientific answer and then argued it was not the most scientific answer.

Now we get to determine what someone else considers a race so we can correctly call them racists. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-12-2015, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You guys are funny. You gave me the scientific answer and then argued it was not the most scientific answer.

Now we get to determine what someone else considers a race so we can correctly call them racists. 

Cool, another straw man. 

This is flat out silly.

First, a couple of guys that always cry about name calling have both used personal attacks and insults in this very thread alone. It's a shame to see you guys break character like this.

Second, the majority of people from the Middle East are considered "white" via the census, but yeah, let's pretend that you can't be racist for calling them savages. Completely ignore that they mostly have brown skin and are referred to as things like "sand n******" and "towel head" by racist Americans.

Or do we not consider terms like that racist anymore since according to the census, they're "white"??? It's funny that you have to agree that those aren't racist terms if you're going with the logic that it can't be racist if they're "white" and we're white.
Depends on how you use towel head. Wife has her hair up in a towel coming out of the shower. I call her a towel head.

As for the census calling them white. I think it's hilarious considering the census was used to support makng fun of Cubans were ok because the gov considers them white. If Cubans are white then so are middle easterners. And in that case bfine was accurate .... You can't call someone a racist for making light of white people..... When they are also white. Unless there is white on white racism.

What's even funnier is it took bfine two posts to blow up the fact you use the census as the bible when naming what color a group of people are .... Now you could just admit the gov is ridiculous on this and many other things but then that will peel away several other defenses of topics that have been discussed on the board that you support.

Hey sometimes it falls that way. Im sure bfine will catch it the next time. Fred usually can catch these things on the other side pretty well.