Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The cost to buy a President
Easy to see which party is the favorite of the rich and powerful...

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-08-01/million-dollar-donations-fuel-super-pacs-new-dominance
(08-01-2015, 04:31 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Easy to see which party is the favorite of the rich and powerful...

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2015-08-01/million-dollar-donations-fuel-super-pacs-new-dominance

Pretty fascinating list. The only Democrat there is Clinton.
Clinton is busy taking money from foreign governments
It's disgusting how much people donate, and candidates accept.  Can you imagine if someone just gave you 100k and what you could do with it?  Never mind the millions people donate and accept.  DISGUSTING!
(08-01-2015, 01:19 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Clinton is busy taking money from foreign governments

Is this about the uranium deal, or was there more ?
Yup. Hillary's 2 billion she will spend all came in $20 increments. I love how Dems think their candidates aren't bought by the rich and powerful.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-03-2015, 10:39 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yup.  Hillary's 2 billion she will spend all came in $20 increments.  I love how Dems think their candidates aren't bought by the rich and powerful.

This.  BOTH sides have to admit this is a problem
(08-03-2015, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: This.  BOTH sides have to admit this is a problem

Fred I'm actually starting to slightly move to your side on this.  I have a hard time getting past the freedom to buy ads saying whatever you want, but something has to give somewhere.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: CLghSRqWEAEKTRj.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]