Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The difference is apparent...
(09-25-2017, 02:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I read an article on Dave Shula. How essentially he was surprised that the Bengals fired Wyche and offered him the job after 1 meeting. He knew he wasn't ready.

They won like 5 games his 1st year, then 3-13, 3-13...and he got a contract extension. He talked about how guys didn't get better. Draft picks failed.

He thought he was the problem...until he kept seeing it happen long after he left then he knew it wasn't him.

Mike Brown has always had a poor eye for talent. Combine that with his legendary patience/stubbornness and that is problem #1 through 50 with the Bengals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
When Dalton was younger he had more mobility. The thing he seems to have lost is pocket presence.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:59 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: When Dalton was younger he had more mobility. The thing he seems to have lost is pocket presence.

52 sacks in 19 games can have that effect.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:46 PM)Brimey Wrote: Between Dalton and high level or elite QBs when you see them in the same game.

I'm normally a Dalton apologist, but it's time to move on.  He's not elite, the team isn't good, and there is a 1984 feel to this upcoming QB draft class.

I know Daltons numbers looked ok. But a misread here, a sack that should have been a throw away here, a missed throw in a crucial 3rd down...devastating.

I saw Brady and Rodgers today, and had zero doubts they'd make plays when needed.

If you're sure Dalton is the answer, I ask you this. What is the final score if we ONLY trade Dalton for Rodgers? How does Andy react to all that pressure Rodgers saw? Does he make a big comeback?

I thought he turned a corner on 2015. I was wrong. Maybe he turns it around somewhere else. I personally see a elite young defense forming and would like to see us TAKE A CHANCE to nab one of these QBs coming out. At least take a look and see what we have with McCarron as well.

I saw a difference between one of the top 3(?) quarterbacks in the history of the game playing lights out and Andy too.

if you swap Rodgers for Dalton do we win..of course!  you can say that about every team other than the Pats.

Seriously Rodgers was ridiculous but I can't rip AD too bad when he played the way he did...jeez why did Mixon not play like Barry Sanders, why did Green not play like Jerry Rice, why did Kroft not play like Gronk,why did Ced not play like a serviceable LT.

I really hope he's still AD of 2015 and am worried that crap OLine has just made him too jittery -  you are right he is missing some key throws .  But I'm not moving on from him just because he cannot do what Rodgers does
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 11:16 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: 0-4 in the playoffs. Best showing was a QB rating of 67.

AJMC plays what like 3-4 career games and gets us closer to a playoff win than Dalton ever did.

AJMC may not even be a good starting QB. Will he be that big of a downgrade on Dalton that we shouldnt even try it? Hell no.

WJ3 0 defensive snaps last week. Carl Lawson barely any snaps last week. Pick six and multiple sacks. Hmm weird.

Need a massive complete overhaul and I know in my heart that will NEVER happen here.I know I will never see a superbowl bengals team.I honestly think they will not even make the playoffs.here is just some of the players that should be replaced and I know I am missing some.ADAM JONES-dude is awlful.number 27-sit his ass down,he gets dumbass penalties EVERY GAME. entire offensive line.when it counts they gave up the sack.andy Dalton,sit his ass down and put in the Alabama rat and have his smoking wife standing on the sidelines.number 21 he is a bust-time for the number 33 to go.he is taking up space.number 26-he always gets there after the fact.most of the d-backs are shit.you get the picture.
Reply/Quote
Dalton Apologists make me laugh , there's always some excuse . 90% of the QB's in this league would jizz if they had the weapons Dalton is lucky to have . We have never won anything with him as our QB and I won't reward failure like you nut huggers do .Andy panics way too often which usually ends up in him making a horrible decision that always end up with the team leaving points on the board . Wake up, it's time for a change and a fresh start . Time for Andy and Marv to hit the road !!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:26 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Dalton Apologists make me laugh , there's always some excuse . 90% of the QB's in this league would jizz if they had the weapons Dalton is lucky to have . We have never won anything with him as our QB and I won't reward failure like you nut huggers do .Andy panics way too often which usually ends up in him making a horrible decision that always end up with the team leaving points on the board . Wake up, it's time for a change and a fresh start . Time for Andy and Marv to hit the road !!

QBS would jizz themselves over Brandon Lafell, kroft, and Boyd? 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: QBS would jizz themselves over Brandon Lafell, kroft, and Boyd? 

Don't forget Uzomah, Ross, Core, and Erickson.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:31 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: QBS would jizz themselves over Brandon Lafell, kroft, and Boyd? 

(09-25-2017, 05:33 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Don't forget Uzomah, Ross, Core, and Erickson.

I'm not sure, but I think you guys may be forgetting someone.

As to the sack issue. Andy has been sacked ne less time than Brady this year and less than Rodgers and Alex Smith. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:26 PM)Butchie Tiger Wrote: Dalton Apologists make me laugh , there's always some excuse . 90% of the QB's in this league would jizz if they had the weapons Dalton is lucky to have . We have never won anything with him as our QB and I won't reward failure like you nut huggers do .Andy panics way too often which usually ends up in him making a horrible decision that always end up with the team leaving points on the board . Wake up, it's time for a change and a fresh start . Time for Andy and Marv to hit the road !!

Obviously any QB would want AJ Green. Most would probably want a healthy Eifert. Outside of that, which of these weapons strike fear in the hearts of men:

Mohamed Sanu
Marvin Jones
Armonn Binns
Brandon Tate
Jake Kumerow
James Wright
Tyler Kroft
CJ Uzomah
Ryan Hewitt
Jermaine Gresham
Andre Caldwell
Jerome Simpson
Cody Core
Tyler Boyd
Brandon LaFell
Alex Erickson
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Giovani Bernard
Jeremy Hill
Cedric Benson
Brian Leonard
Bernard Scott
Cedric Peerman
Andrew Hawkins
Ryan Whalen
Jordan Shipley
Bo Scaife
Colin Cochart
Dan Herron
Dane Sanzenbacher
Orson Charles
Rex Burkhead
Greg Little
Alex Smith
Mario Alford

I left John Ross, Joe Mixon, and Josh Malone off as this is their rookie seasons and they are not top of the league at their positions by a long shot.

This is your "jizz list"? This is the list of world beating, top talent in the NFL?
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:54 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Obviously any QB would want AJ Green. Most would probably want a healthy Eifert. Outside of that, which of these weapons strike fear in the hearts of men:

Mohamed Sanu
Marvin Jones
Armonn Binns
Brandon Tate
Jake Kumerow
James Wright
Tyler Kroft
CJ Uzomah
Ryan Hewitt
Jermaine Gresham
Andre Caldwell
Jerome Simpson
Cody Core
Tyler Boyd
Brandon LaFell
Alex Erickson
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Giovani Bernard
Jeremy Hill
Cedric Benson
Brian Leonard
Bernard Scott
Cedric Peerman
Andrew Hawkins
Ryan Whalen
Jordan Shipley
Bo Scaife
Colin Cochart
Dan Herron
Dane Sanzenbacher
Orson Charles
Rex Burkhead
Greg Little
Alex Smith
Mario Alford

I left John Ross, Joe Mixon, and Josh Malone off as this is their rookie seasons and they are not top of the league at their positions by a long shot.

This is your "jizz list"? This is the list of world beating, top talent in the NFL?

You forgot Cedric Ogbuehi, Russell Bodine, Clint Boling, whoever is at RD this week, and Jake Fisher. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mike Brown has always had a poor eye for talent. Combine that with his legendary patience/stubbornness and that is problem #1 through 50 with the Bengals.

A problem for every year of the existence of the franchise.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: You forgot Cedric Ogbuehi, Russell Bodine, Clint Boling, whoever is at RD this week, and Jake Fisher. LMAO

muskies was only listing offensive weapons. Offensive Line is a whole other can of worms.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 01:47 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm at the point where if they replace Dalton, I won't care.

I'm also at the point where if we get an outstanding QB prospect, I won't care.

Sam Darnold (or fill in the blank) isn't going to fix this team. Dalton was good enough to win with, and the Bengals broke him. Same as Palmer. Last time I was excited to move on to a new QB. I learned my lesson. So go ahead and dump Dalton and hopefully he balls out in Houston. Don't expect me to get excited about the next victim though. I somehow have a feeling that if Aaron Rodgers had been selected by the Bengals, he wouldn't be the Rodgers we know now.

This franchise &$@#ing blows.

Right on Shake !

Until Mike Brown is no longer running the show it's not gonna matter. 
Reply/Quote
(09-24-2017, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You have some great points.

Honestly...this offense needs 4 new lineman and a new TE before it's going to be ready to compete.

Dalton is above average...but it would take an elite QB to overcome this organization.

Agree! Something that really stood out to me after this Sunday was how much of a luxury it is for teams that have accurate yet mobile QBs. I'm watching Rodgers move around and carve up our secondary, & at the same time I'm watching Russell Wilson do the same thing. 

Having that type of a QB makes the line look better, allows more time for the WRs to get open, and so forth. It really was something watching each of them continually keep drives alive. Let's not forget that the Packs line wasn't very good on Sunday either.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:59 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: When Dalton was younger he had more mobility. The thing he seems to have lost is pocket presence.

I don't recall him ever really having very good pocket presence.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:54 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Obviously any QB would want AJ Green. Most would probably want a healthy Eifert. Outside of that, which of these weapons strike fear in the hearts of men:

Mohamed Sanu
Marvin Jones
Armonn Binns
Brandon Tate
Jake Kumerow
James Wright
Tyler Kroft
CJ Uzomah
Ryan Hewitt
Jermaine Gresham
Andre Caldwell
Jerome Simpson
Cody Core
Tyler Boyd
Brandon LaFell
Alex Erickson
BenJarvus Green-Ellis
Giovani Bernard
Jeremy Hill
Cedric Benson
Brian Leonard
Bernard Scott
Cedric Peerman
Andrew Hawkins
Ryan Whalen
Jordan Shipley
Bo Scaife
Colin Cochart
Dan Herron
Dane Sanzenbacher
Orson Charles
Rex Burkhead
Greg Little
Alex Smith
Mario Alford

First off: Impressive work on the list. Secondly, how many QBs have had more weapons than Andy since he's been a QB and list them. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 06:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off: Impressive work on the list. Secondly, how many QBs have had more weapons than Andy since he's been a QB and list them. 

Working on it. Going to take a little bit.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 06:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: First off: Impressive work on the list. Secondly, how many QBs have had more weapons than Andy since he's been a QB and list them. 

Man I can't wait to see the list, but just off the top of my head, think of all the real weapons Ben, Rodgers, Eli, and Ryan have had. 

RB's included. It's safe to say that most QB's in the NFL have had better run games. 

Not to mention better (and more consistent) coaching. For Andy, it's been AJ and a bunch of "meh" everywhere else.
Reply/Quote
Some really good points.. I would never boo Andy (I was at the Houston game. 8 hour drive, entire week of vacation centered on that game). Just a frustrated fan.

I think most would concur his pocket awareness and ability to make plays on the run is supoar...any fix for that? Something he could actually improve?
Reply/Quote