Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your starting defense with what we have right now.
(04-05-2020, 03:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's take a look at Baun.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/zack-baun?id=32194241-5567-7316-c31c-c66079e71b79

From what I'm reading, his strengths outweigh his weaknesses.  I really like that in his strengths, they listed comfortable and fluid hips in his drops.  It also seems to me that with a 6.50 grade, that he can develop or be coached past those weaknesses.

I've been pushing this guy for the last couple of months. He does a little bit of everything and he does it well. Actually IMO when it comes to intangibles he's better than the rest. 
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 12:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Give a base 3-4.  And also the 5 DB scheme we will probably use a majority of the snaps.  I think our MLBs have been playing less than 40% of the snaps in recent years.

NT....Reader
DE....Dunlap, Atkins
OLB..Lawson, Hubbard
ILB...Pratt, Bynes
Saf...Bell, Bates
CB....Jackson, Waynes

Fifth DB (Phillips or Alexander) in for Hubbard with Pratt move to outside.

The big hole I see is OLB.  Hubbard and Lawson are both really good pass rushers, but at least one of the two edge LBs generally has to play coverage.  I think we need more of a hybrid type OLB who can play coverage and still rush the QB when needed.  Hubbard needs to be on the field but he can play some snaps at DE and rotate with Lawson at OLB.

There really is no clear line between OLB and DE, but you can't have five guys that can't play coverage on the field at the same time very often.

Nice post Fred, I see it the same. We will need to add a 3-4 OLB and a 3-4 End I think in the Draft for insurance.

I think for the most part we will be going Offense in the Draft but we can still add to these two positions.

Andrew Brown I believe could be this insurance though at End and he is already on the team.
Reply/Quote