Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The difference with this Free agent haul
(04-05-2020, 07:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote:  The same thing many said about Whitt when he was older than AJ.

The reason people said those things about whit is because they are correct 90% of the time.

You honestly think Green is never going to get any worse due to age?
Reply/Quote
We all must now be really really bored if we're going to start debating about a 1 year deal for one of the best WR's in the league, regardless of age and recent health issues.
They were fluke injuries, and we all know when the last time AJ was on the field, he was our MVP with his production in helping win that TB game in the last seconds.
So now, all of a sudden, a perennial All Pro is going to stop being productive? I don't buy it with AJ. He's too hard of a worker.
He'll still be able to get open, draw double coverage, and catch the damn football. And, if they don't double cover him, I would bet he'll make them pay still at his age of 32.
How old is Larry Fitzgerald again? How old were TO, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, James Brooks etc etc etc before they stopped being productive???
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 10:14 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The reason people said those things about whit is because they are correct 90% of the time.

You honestly think Green is never going to get any worse due to age?

Show me where I said that Fred.

They all get worse with age, but you nor I have any idea the exact age Green starts a major decline

Using your logic Pats should have cut Brady 6 years ago
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2020, 12:29 PM)WhoDey Wrote: We have all seen the Redskins and others in the league spend a lot of money in free agency without success. The Bengals seem to be spending on guys that are entering their prime, rather than spending on huge named guys that could have a few good years left. Namely Bell and Reader.

We participated this year is the biggest reason
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 12:29 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: We all must now be really really bored if we're going to start debating about a 1 year deal for one of the best WR's in the league, regardless of age and recent health issues.
They were fluke injuries, and we all know when the last time AJ was on the field, he was our MVP with his production in helping win that TB game in the last seconds.
So now, all of a sudden, a perennial All Pro is going to stop being productive? I don't buy it with AJ. He's too hard of a worker.
He'll still be able to get open, draw double coverage, and catch the damn football. And, if they don't double cover him, I would bet he'll make them pay still at his age of 32.
How old is Larry Fitzgerald again? How old were TO, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, James Brooks etc etc etc before they stopped being productive???

Rice was 38, I believe. He wasn't the young Rice then, but defenses still were very leary of him.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 02:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: They all get worse with age, but you nor I have any idea the exact age Green starts a major decline

Neither of us know, but it is far from "random".  The fact is that we can loot at a lot of numbers that show most WRs are in steep decline after age 32.  

Over the last ten years 49 different WRS had a total of 197 thousand yard seasons.  Only 5 over the age of 32 (Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquon Bolden, and Julian Edleman) did it, and they only accounted for 9 of the 197.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2020, 02:35 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Show me where I said that Fred.

They all get worse with age, but you nor I have any idea the exact age Green starts a major decline

Using your logic Pats should have cut Brady 6 years ago

We could even argue with AJ having essentially 2 years off he will last longer....
Reply/Quote
AJ hasn't played in 2 years essentially
His body and stamina is still that of a WR In
His late 20s
Reply/Quote