Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The disrespect continues...
Madden has released their ratings for this year's edition, and Dalton checks in at a lowly 77 overall, behind QB's such as:

Blake Bortles
Tyrod Taylor
Josh McCown
Lamar Jackson
Baker Mayfield
Josh Rosen
Teddy Bridgewater
Ryan Tannehill
Marcus Mariota (who was awful last year)
Joe Flacco
Sam Bradford
and many others.

I don't think even the most fervent Dalton bashers would have Dalton behind many of these guys. Just more proof that narratives are a powerful thing. Dalton's career stats, accolades and achievements all suggest that Dalton is better than his reputation, but I suppose if enough people say the sky is green, that will be the perception.

Btw, I recommend this guy's channel. It's pretty well done and he's been posting a lot of videos:

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
At least some of the disrespect comes from lazy reporting. It takes an effort to look beyond the QB's stats, and investigate the offensive line, backs and receivers to fully understand how the numbers were generated. Apparently it's too much work for some. Fine, let 'em continue that way of thinking. Maybe some of our opponents will buy into it, and we'll have a little surprise for them when we play the game.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2018, 08:36 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Madden has released their ratings for this year's edition, and Dalton checks in at a lowly 77 overall, behind QB's such as:

Blake Bortles
Tyrod Taylor
Josh McCown
Lamar Jackson
Baker Mayfield
Josh Rosen
Teddy Bridgewater
Ryan Tannehill
Marcus Mariota (who was awful last year)
Joe Flacco
Sam Bradford
and many others.

I don't think even the most fervent Dalton bashers would have Dalton behind many of these guys. Just more proof that narratives are a powerful thing. Dalton's career stats, accolades and achievements all suggest that Dalton is better than his reputation, but I suppose if enough people say the sky is green, that will be the perception.

Btw, I recommend this guy's channel. It's pretty well done and he's been posting a lot of videos:

Only one I'd put Andy behind would be Tyrod Taylor. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2018, 08:22 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: At least some of the disrespect comes from lazy reporting. It takes an effort to look beyond the QB's stats, and investigate the offensive line, backs and receivers to fully understand how the numbers were generated. Apparently it's too much work for some. Fine, let 'em continue that way of thinking. Maybe some of our opponents will buy into it, and we'll have a little surprise for them when we play the game.

Evidently, the Bengals have made themselves an easy target of media criticism.  Yardbarker has them listed in their list of teams most likely to come unraveled this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-teams-most-likely-to-unravel-in-2018/ss-BBLb7vQ?ocid=spartandhp

They take a hard swipe at Andy Dalton, claiming he looks great against bad competition, but fails to produce in the playoffs.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 01:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Evidently, the Bengals have made themselves an easy target of media criticism.  Yardbarker has them listed in their list of teams most likely to come unraveled this year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-teams-most-likely-to-unravel-in-2018/ss-BBLb7vQ?ocid=spartandhp

They take a hard swipe at Andy Dalton, claiming he looks great against bad competition, but fails to produce in the playoffs.

Atrocious. Dude doesnt know what he's talking about. We are going to the SB and this asshat will be laughed at for all eternity for his short bus article.

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:44 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Atrocious. Dude doesnt know what he's talking about. We are going to the SB and this asshat will be laughed at for all eternity for his short bus article.

Yeah, when 'Wildcats mentioned lazy reporting, that article just provided an excellent example.  All they mention is "Marvin Lewis has been coaching this team too long", and "Andy Dalton can't get it done in the playoffs".

Any football reporter worthy of the title knows that the Bengals have really worked hard to address deficiencies in both player personnel and coaching.  Honestly, that's the sort of article I would have expected to see heading into LAST season, rather than now.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 02:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, when 'Wildcats mentioned lazy reporting, that article just provided an excellent example.  All they mention is "Marvin Lewis has been coaching this team too long", and "Andy Dalton can't get it done in the playoffs".

Any football reporter worthy of the title knows that the Bengals have really worked hard to address deficiencies in both player personnel and coaching.  Honestly, that's the sort of article I would have expected to see heading into LAST season, rather than now.

Agree. This club is trying hard to change. They are doing the right things. That alone is victory where I sit. I have not been this excited since, well, Hell, I can't remember how long? Man, this team is for real now. We are no longer going to reside in stagnation like previous years. We have coaching and players with heart, passion and adrenaline ready to stomp on the head of the snake. Good God I'm pumped!

Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 03:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Agree. This club is trying hard to change. They are doing the right things. That alone is victory where I sit. I have not been this excited since, well, Hell, I can't remember how long? Man, this team is for real now. We are no longer going to reside in stagnation like previous years. We have coaching and players with heart, passion and adrenaline ready to stomp on the head of the snake. Good God I'm pumped!

2015, I honestly thought the Bengals had a good shot at going all the way.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 04:09 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 2015, I honestly thought the Bengals had a good shot at going all the way.

They were pretty tough. But we had obvious weaknesses. It killed us at the end. Lack of discipline being the main reason. Loved this interview with Jordan Willis.

https://www.bengals.com/video/willis

Reply/Quote

This can never happen again. Austin seems to be the guy who will not allow a meltdown. Revenge is coming this year. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid! The better team lost that day. We are taking this season to the house!

Reply/Quote