Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The draft network mock draft.
So only a 4 rounder as I’m just getting into the late nuances but I have the jets trading up to #1 and give us their 1,2,3,4.
1. Jeffery okudah cb: Been compared as jalen Ramsey 2.0 and the mix of lattimore and wards best traits combined. A top 5 player who may not even be here.
2. Jake fromm qb: had a bad game but at this spot hard to pass up. Elite in red zone and better than dalton was coming out.
2. Prince tega wanogho ot:instant starter at rt and we have bookend tackles for the first time in my memory. This pick scares me though bc he has a similar profile to ogbuehi coming out.
3. Hamsah nasirldeen s: replaces Shawn williams as a ss who can actually cover the tes and rbs in space
3. K.j. Hill wr. U see what terry mclaurin is doing in Washington? That’s what kj hill can do. Elite hands, body control, and a good pick and value here.
4. Paddy fisher lb: a germain pratt level lber, wanted to go lber way earlier but wasn’t one worthy. He showed elite coverage ability in 2017, but was much slower In 2018. Seems to be much faster in 2019 thus far.
4. Cole Kmet te: our replacement for Tyler eifert. Elite pass catching te.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 05:19 PM)Jpoore Wrote: So only a 4 rounder as I’m just getting into the late nuances but I have the jets trading up to #1 and give us their 1,2,3,4.
1. Jeffery okudah cb:  Been compared as jalen Ramsey 2.0 and the mix of lattimore and wards best traits combined. A top 5 player who may not even be here.
2. Jake fromm qb: had a bad game but at this spot hard to pass up. Elite in red zone and better than dalton was coming out.
2. Prince tega wanogho ot:instant starter at rt and we have bookend tackles for the first time in my memory. This pick scares me though bc he has a similar profile to ogbuehi coming out.
3. Hamsah nasirldeen s: replaces Shawn williams as a ss who can actually cover the tes and rbs in space
3. K.j. Hill wr. U see what terry mclaurin is doing in Washington? That’s what kj hill can do. Elite hands, body control, and a good pick and value here.
4. Paddy fisher lb: a germain pratt level lber, wanted to go lber way earlier but wasn’t one worthy. He showed elite coverage ability in 2017, but was much slower In 2018. Seems to be much faster in 2019 thus far.

Why exactly are the Jets trading a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round draft pick to trade up to #1?
I'm assuming the only reason they would do such a thing is to go after a QB. Seems odd they would choose to move on from Darnold so quickly. But if they do, Darnold should be part of the package to Cincinnati. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 05:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why exactly are the Jets trading a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round draft pick to trade up to #1?
I'm assuming the only reason they would do such a thing is to go after a QB. Seems odd they would choose to move on from Darnold so quickly. But if they do, Darnold should be part of the package to Cincinnati. 

Chase young. Regarded as the best pass rusher to come out in last 5 drafts. But if not jets one of the top 10. I actually shorted us on the package we would likely get. The 9ers got a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a 3rd following year I believe to trade up fromm3 to 2 for their qb. I know de isn’t qb but it’s regarded as 2nd most important position
Reply/Quote
If they take a QB, it should be Burrow or Tua. I like the idea of trading down if and only if they get a first rounder next year from a team that may be horrible. 
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 08:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Chase young. Regarded as the best pass rusher to come out in last 5 drafts.  But if not jets one of the top 10. I actually shorted us on the package we would likely get.  The 9ers got a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a 3rd following year I believe to trade up fromm3 to 2 for their qb. I know de isn’t qb but it’s regarded as 2nd most important position

Ahh ok. Still seems like a lot to give up for a pass rusher but Chase Young does look special. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 05:19 PM)Jpoore Wrote: So only a 4 rounder as I’m just getting into the late nuances but I have the jets trading up to #1 and give us their 1,2,3,4.
1. Jeffery okudah cb:  Been compared as jalen Ramsey 2.0 and the mix of lattimore and wards best traits combined. A top 5 player who may not even be here.
I just like Paddy Fisher's name.... ThumbsUp
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-15-2019, 08:38 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Chase young. Regarded as the best pass rusher to come out in last 5 drafts.  But if not jets one of the top 10. I actually shorted us on the package we would likely get.  The 9ers got a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and a 3rd following year I believe to trade up fromm3 to 2 for their qb. I know de isn’t qb but it’s regarded as 2nd most important position

I hate when people use lines like that "past 5 years" "past 10 years" "Generational Talent".

Chase Young looks the part of a top of the draft pass rusher but there have been a few good ones to come out in the past 5 years. The Bosa Brothers, Miles Garrett....

Pet Peeve sorry lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 03:27 PM)Synric Wrote: I hate when people use lines like that "past 5 years" "past 10 years" "Generational Talent".

Chase Young looks the part of a top of the draft pass rusher but there have been a few good ones to come out in the past 5 years. The Bosa Brothers, Miles Garrett....

Pet Peeve sorry lol.

Those in the know say that Young is better than both Bosa Brothers.   I don't know if I agree.  But he is good, a difference maker.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 04:57 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Those in the know say that Young is better than both Bosa Brothers.   I don't know if I agree.  But he is good, a difference maker.  

Just saying we are talking about 3 of the best edge defenders in the NFL right now.

Edit: Forgot about TJ Watt.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 03:27 PM)Synric Wrote: I hate when people use lines like that "past 5 years" "past 10 years" "Generational Talent".

Pet Peeve sorry lol.

I hate comments like that too..... like how many “generational” rbs have come out in last 3-4 years alone? But in chase young’s case it’s true. He’s regarded as the best pass rusher to come out in quite come time. Better than nick or Joey, better than Garrett, etc etc
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2019, 08:23 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I hate comments like that too..... like how many “generational” rbs have come out in last 3-4 years alone? But in chase young’s case it’s true. He’s regarded as the best pass rusher to come out in quite come time. Better than nick or Joey, better than Garrett, etc etc

I guess that depends on who you talk to...

A fair amount of guys don't see him as being the best in years.

That being said, there is no way in the world that Jets give up that much to move up to #1.  It's just not realistic, not for a defensive end.

If we took a CB in the top 5 with HUGE needs at QB and OT, then I know nothing has changed with this team.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 01:51 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I guess that depends on who you talk to...

A fair amount of guys don't see him as being the best in years.

That being said, there is no way in the world that Jets give up that much to move up to #1.  It's just not realistic, not for a defensive end.

If we took a CB in the top 5 with HUGE needs at QB and OT, then I know nothing has changed with this team.

I wouldn't say our need at QB is huge, though we do look like we'll have an option to upgrade with this draft. 

I do like drafting corners and I wouldn't say this is a bad time to do so -- our defense needs help. Yes more of that need is at linebacker but the draft addresses that with a late pick and by saying there wasn't anything better sooner. It isn't clear we are going to re-sign Dennard and Dre K could be upgraded, especially for what we are paying for him. Remember, it tends to take a corner a year to get up to NFL speed anyways and there is nothing wrong with have 1st round corners on your roster if you can manage it (rotation and injuries happen). A great defense fixes problems with everything else. 

And OT is also addressed. Again it might be later than we like but the pick is there. Frankly if the draft went this way and we got a better defensive coordinator we would be doing well I think. 

Edit: That said, I do wonder if the first two picks in this draft would flip. I have Fromm higher than Okudah (I notice a pre-dilection for Ohio State players here but tOSU has turned out some good corners recently so I'm on board). If you did want a first round corner, CJ Henderson is ranked higher than Okudah, but I haven't seen him play. Then too, if you're going to take Fromm in the first (because he won't be there in the second) you might as well just take Justin Herbert (remember, the Jets traded up to get Chase Young). 

Of course a lot of this could shake out different. Maybe with Darnold back the Jets win enough games that they are picking more mid-round. Heck, maybe we win some games. 

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2019, 02:11 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I wouldn't say our need at QB is huge, though we do look like we'll have an option to upgrade with this draft. 

I do like drafting corners and I wouldn't say this is a bad time to do so -- our defense needs help. Yes more of that need is at linebacker but the draft addresses that with a late pick and by saying there wasn't anything better sooner. It isn't clear we are going to re-sign Dennard and Dre K could be upgraded, especially for what we are paying for him. Remember, it tends to take a corner a year to get up to NFL speed anyways and there is nothing wrong with have 1st round corners on your roster if you can manage it (rotation and injuries happen). A great defense fixes problems with everything else. 

And OT is also addressed. Again it might be later than we like but the pick is there. Frankly if the draft went this way and we got a better defensive coordinator we would be doing well I think. 

Edit: That said, I do wonder if the first two picks in this draft would flip. I have Fromm higher than Okudah (I notice a pre-dilection for Ohio State players here but tOSU has turned out some good corners recently so I'm on board). If you did want a first round corner, CJ Henderson is ranked higher than Okudah, but I haven't seen him play. Then too, if you're going to take Fromm in the first (because he won't be there in the second) you might as well just take Justin Herbert (remember, the Jets traded up to get Chase Young). 

Of course a lot of this could shake out different. Maybe with Darnold back the Jets win enough games that they are picking more mid-round. Heck, maybe we win some games. 

I'm interested in your reasoning.
Reply/Quote