Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The drunk kid playing ball
Former Bengal draft pick and Northern Kentucky mug shot awardee got himself a victory last night.

https://aaf.com/mekale-mckays-consistency-bright-spot-for-commanders

Quote:While quarterback Logan Woodside struggled to find a rhythm under center, the connection between him and McKay was impressive. Of the five passes, four went for first downs that kept the Commanders offense thriving.

McKay attributes his connection with the young quarterback to their growth in practice and rhythm they work on daily.

“We spend so much time working on this in practice, once we get in the game we have to let it loose and let it fly,” McKay said. “Logan is fine, he’s going to improve and get us and the offense in the right direction.”

Woodside finished the evening going 18 for 36 for 255 yards and a pair of interceptions. Several throws were strong, including a 46-yard strike to wide receiver Alonzo Moore that advanced inside the red zone.

Who knows maybe the kid will get some polish and return. Can't be much worse than Driskel.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Was he playing drunk?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I heard cheerleaders cheer better when they're drunk. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 03:44 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I heard cheerleaders cheer better when they're drunk. Ninja

And it doesn’t take them as long to split their legs either.

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 03:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: And it doesn’t take them as long to split their legs either.

Oooooh.. Tell me more.  .  .  

[Image: 2015_48B.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 04:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Oooooh.. Tell me more.  .  .  

[Image: 2015_48B.jpg]

For some reason, "Broncos" makes that picture better.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2019, 03:38 PM)jason Wrote: Was he playing drunk?

18 of 36 and 2 INTs, you be the judge..      Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well, good for him.
I hope the AAF succeeds, but just the acronym AAF doesn't quite have much of a ring to it. Still, it might just become a decent bridge between college and pros for a lot of players.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2019, 07:59 PM)grampahol Wrote: Well, good for him.
I hope the AAF succeeds, but just the acronym AAF doesn't quite have much of a ring to it. Still, it might just become a decent bridge between college and pros for a lot of players.. 

Unless it's Alcoholics Attempting Football...  then yes... yes it does.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
One alcohol arrest as a kid in his early 20's does not an alcoholic make.....
Reply/Quote