Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The eli apple penalty
I understand eli sucks and I can't defend that at all but I do understand what his motive was on this play..Just stating this for those don't know, when the quarterback breaks the pocket you can push a receiver out of bounds hold him and get as physical as you want..The only reason the flag was thrown was because Apple pushed him while the ball was in the air..
Reply/Quote
Correct, the only reason the flag was thrown was because he committed pass interference.
Reply/Quote
I thought they changed the force out rule and got rid of it.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 05:19 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: I understand eli sucks and I can't defend that at all but I do understand what his motive was on this play..Just stating this for those don't know, when the quarterback breaks the pocket you can push a receiver out of bounds hold him and get as physical as you want..The only reason the flag was thrown was because Apple pushed him while the ball was in the air..

What doesn't make sense to me is that he didn't need to do that at all.  He was with the receiver and it was near out of bounds, so if he catches it, he's not taking it to the house.  I know sometimes corners will PI to save the score, and that wasn't the case here.  Perhaps as you mentioned, he did that because the QB broke the pocket, but then that infers he wasn't even looking towards the QB after, because if he was, he knew the ball was coming.  weird.  

I like Eli as a backup, but am anxious to get Waynes in the lineup.  I won't say back, as he hasn't started once.
Reply/Quote
Ah good point. I totally didn’t realize that the QB was out of the pocket on that play. Makes a lot more sense now
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2021, 05:50 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I thought they changed the force out rule and got rid of it.

I thought that was only after the catch.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 09:13 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I thought that was only after the catch.

It is, I was also going to say that earlier but I didn’t want to upset the Apple cart. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 09:31 AM)GodFather Wrote: It is, I was also going to say that earlier but I didn’t want to upset the Apple cart. Ninja

LOL I almost spit out my AppleJacks.

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2021, 09:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: LOL I almost spit out my AppleJacks.

Wait, Jack Daniels has an Apple flavor?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 08:33 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Wait, Jack Daniels has an Apple flavor?

You know, it may not actually be all bad if they did.  Now I'm kinda wanting to know what that'd be like.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 09:56 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: You know, it may not actually be all bad if they did.  Now I'm kinda wanting to know what that'd be like.

It does exist and
its called Tennessee Apple
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2021, 09:56 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: You know, it may not actually be all bad if they did.  Now I'm kinda wanting to know what that'd be like.

Crown apple is good, but all those flavored ones are too sweet for me.  It's like having a Jolly Rancher in your mouth while sipping bourbon.

There is a local place that has great live entertainment on Friday and Saturday, huge outdoor venue, with two bars, that has seasonal cocktails and they have one called:  Sweater Weather.  It is Jack Daniel's FIRE (Cinnamon) and apple cider.  I don't care for the fire, as it was still too sweet for me, but just jack in apple cider is damn good outdoor drinking:)

The place, if you are local, is called Hidden Valley Orchards, or HVO, and it is between Centerville and Lebannon off 48.

Used to be the best kept secret in town.  No longer.  Get there early....oh, and you just take your own soccer mom chairs.  I usually have a big blanket and a few chairs and we take turns on drink runs.  Great place.  They also have munchies.  
Reply/Quote