Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The emergence of Nick Vigil
(10-08-2017, 06:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I didn't get to watch any of the game today.  How did Vigil do?

9 tackles, was all over the field.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He is looking like a true "draft and develop" success story.  Like you said, he's quick and smart enough to get to where he needs to be, and now his tackling is improving as well.  As long as he can remain healthy, I think that he'll continue to get better and better.

Yes.  His tackling was his liability.  But that has notably improved.  He and Burfict have become a great tandem.  Minter is also starting to play well.  They were a good group today
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 06:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 9 tackles, was all over the field.

Wow, what a game!  Sorry I had to miss it.  However, I'm also NC State Chairman to United States Strongman, and I am hosting an event next Saturday.  Duty called..  Thanks for the info!

(10-08-2017, 06:34 PM)3wt Wrote: Yes.  His tackling was his liability.  But that has notably improved.  He and Burfict have become a great tandem.  Minter is also starting to play well.  They were a good group today

That is fantastic.  Our LBs have been a liability in general, aside from Burfict, for years.  Previous to this game, I thought the unit was starting to come together.  Seems like I missed a good one today.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 11:47 AM)Beaker Wrote: When Vigil was first drafted, there was a lot of backlash because nobody knew who he was. I even started a thread that said we should start a Nick Vigil fan club and posted Nick Vigil/Chuck Norris jokes. Vigil showed athleticism early on, but didn't get much PT until later in the season when we had some injuries. And he showed he had the range and athleticism to get almost anywhere on the field. But he always seemed to get there....but not make the tackle. He would always seem to get at least an arm on the ball carrier, but they would always seem to get away. Or he would hold them up until others arrived as the ball carrier got 3 more yards.

Until last week in cleveland. Vigil had an excellent game. He was everywhere and was not only getting there, but taking the ball carrier down. It reminded me of rookie Jordan Evans' game in the preseason against indy. I didn't see much mentioned about just what a good game Vigil had. It was like the switch was finally flipped and his light came on. I am hoping that was his breakout game, and that we will continue to see him make plays like he did last week. I know it was the browns, but I am commenting specifically on the change from just getting to the right place, to getting there and making the play. Thoughts?

its really noticeable the last 2 weeks how active he is...heck of a lot of plays seem to finish with #59 making the tackle or right by the action - he's diagnosing and reacting to plays quicker by the week.

The big step up now is to be a more direct influence on 'negative' plays.   Burfict diagnoses and reacts real quick too but he made a lot of plays at / or behind the line of scrimmage. Vigil's tend to be few yards down the field -  that said he is getting better the whole time- how athletic is our LB corps all of a sudden!!
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 05:49 PM)Beaker Wrote: Did he drop her, or did she slide off him because she was wet?....you know, the rain and all.

She tells me it was when she saw the rat tail.
Reply/Quote
Burfict and Vigil seem to have good chemistry.

The linebackers in general look good since VB has returned.

Smiling and having fun while busting people in the chops!

I know Burfict has some people who don't care for him, but he straight out balled today.

Anyone notice when the announcers where trying to tag him for Tyrod's injury?

When it was an almost untouched Tyrod that seemed to injure himself going to the ground. Hilarious
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-08-2017, 07:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Burfict and Vigil seem to have good chemistry.

The linebackers in general look good since VB has returned.

Smiling and having fun while busting people in the chops!

I know Burfict has some people who don't care for him, but he straight out balled today.

Anyone notice when the announcers where trying to tag him for Tyrod's injury?

When it was an almost untouched Tyrod that seemed to injure himself going to the ground.  Hilarious
I mean it was Steve Tasker.  He's blatantly pro Bills - and isn't everyone on the hate  Burfict wagon?  Don't see a single mention of the experts about Mike Mitchell's play.
Reply/Quote
People were angry that we were reaching for him while Billings was just sitting there. I might've been one of those people. I was wrong.

Reply/Quote
He's been ballin !
Reply/Quote