Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The end is nigh......
So....just popped in to that "other place", and noticed that they pulled all of our avatars and sigs. I think that might have pissed me off the most. I don't really know why it bothered me more than anything about the situation....... it just did.....oh well, lots of time invested over there, but I am very thankful for the work that Bengalholic and WhoDeyWho did over here. Over the years, I have really come to enjoy this dysfunctional family we have became....even you Stooler putzes.... Wink.

Anyway.....anyone got any "big finales" planned for the last day at our old "home"?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:04 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: So....just popped in to that "other place", and noticed that they pulled all of our avatars and sigs. I think that might have pissed me off the most. I don't really know why it bothered me more than anything about the situation....... it just did.....oh well, lots of time invested over there, but I am very thankful for the work that Bengalholic and WhoDeyWho did over here. Over the years, I have really come to enjoy this dysfunctional family we have became....even you Stooler putzes.... Wink.

Anyway.....anyone got any "big finales" planned for the last day at our old "home"?

This is how the world ends....
Not with a Bang, but with a whimper.
Reply/Quote

#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I just popped over there and I was literally the only active member on the board. Man, what a sad thing that has become.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
[Image: 10502287_10206404128369488_9020083031279...e=55EF5094]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
All the old members should gather there on Sunday (since its football), and flood the board with swear words and titty pics.
Reply/Quote
Don't get me started.
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b26BD5KjH0
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 06:00 AM)magikod Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b26BD5KjH0

*Fixed

[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2015, 01:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: So....just popped in to that "other place", and noticed that they pulled all of our avatars and sigs.  I think that might have pissed me off the most.  I don't really know why it bothered me more than anything about the situation....... it just did.....oh well, lots of time invested over there, but I am very thankful for the work that Bengalholic and WhoDeyWho did over here.  Over the years, I have really come to enjoy this dysfunctional family we have became....even you Stooler putzes.... Wink.

Yeah, that would have pissed me off too, and hearing it second hand pisses me off. And what possible use could that have had? I mean, shutting down a website or part of it isn't like tearing down a building is it? It isn't like you have to remove the fixtures and other things you are going to salvage, is it? Just when you think a bad decision by a clueless manager can't get worse, it does: "I've alienated a huge segment of my customer base. Let me see if I can't find a few more ways to make sure they are completely alienated..." seems to be the thought process. Amazing.

So I typed that bit above and I kept thinking, about salvaging and archiving and could that be someone's purpose in stripping the avatars and sigs? But what would they do with them? Then I thought, wow, maybe one of the moderators over there is thinking. Maybe when the genius plan to migrate everyone to Facebook and Twitter blows up in failure and traffic to the Bengals website trickles to a crawl, this moderator thinks, he will be asked to relaunch the board. He could contact everyone by email and quickly resurrect profiles and have a big welcome home party. And how sweet of him to think that, if that is the case. But there is one problem, hypothetical moderator holding out hope for this. The management doesn't want us, so even if they figure out what a bad business decision this was, I suspect most of us will just stay here.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 10:13 AM)xxlt Wrote: The management doesn't want us, so even if they figure out what a bad business decision this was, I suspect most of us will just stay here.

This board is great. We can even swear and get a little more edgy at times since we don't have to hear about the organization worrying about its family-friendly image. I think almost everyone would stay here now. Why risk being effed again?

Eff me once, shame on you. Eff me twice, shame on me.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 10:18 AM)Beaker Wrote: This board is great. We can even swear and get a little more edgy at times since we don't have to hear about the organization worrying about its family-friendly image. I think almost everyone would stay here now. Why risk being effed again?

Damn straight!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
Great place to be a part of. Happy I can reunite with everyone over here. We would all have to join the Packers board if this board didn't exist lol jk.
Reply/Quote
**** yeah I don't want them to invite me back this break up was rough on me
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't go back either. I like this place too much. And I know Holic wouldn't shit on us.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 04:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I wouldn't go back either. I like this place too much. And I know Holic wouldn't shit on us.

Agreed. As much as I liked the other board and the better part of a decade I spent on it, I wouldn't want to go back now that we have the reigns loosened a bit.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 10:18 AM)Beaker Wrote: This board is great. We can even swear and get a little more edgy at times since we don't have to hear about the organization worrying about its family-friendly image. I think almost everyone would stay here now. Why risk being effed again?

(05-30-2015, 04:48 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I wouldn't go back either.  I like this place too much.  And I know Holic wouldn't shit on us.

I can promise one thing, and that's the fact that me, WhoDeyWho, and the rest of the staff are in this for the long haul. Social media is a cool, relevant way to have quick interactions with other fans, but it's just not the same as a message board...where you can have topics/discussions that last for days or weeks at a time. 

I would be lying if I sad I wasn't pretty damn pissed off and disappointed about the other board closing, or that I won't miss it a little...at least for awhile. But, the good thing is that the most important part of that board...the members...have migrated here (over 500 so far)...and that's why this place will be just as good, IMO.

That's the part I think the Bengals missed...it's not just a "message board" that was kicked to the curb...it was a very loyal, very invested "fan community" that they decided to lock the doors and turn out the lights on.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 05:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I can promise one thing, and that's the fact that me, WhoDeyWho, and the rest of the staff are in this for the long haul. Social media is a cool, relevant way to have quick interactions with other fans, but it's just not the same as a message board...where you can have topics/discussions that last for days or weeks at a time. 

I would be lying if I sad I wasn't pretty damn pissed off and disappointed about the other board closing, or that I won't miss it a little...at least for awhile. But, the good thing is that the most important part of that board...the members...have migrated here (over 500 so far)...and that's why this place will be just as good, IMO.

That's the part I think the Bengals missed...it's not just a "message board" that was kicked to the curb...it was a very loyal, very invested "fan community" that they decided to lock the doors and turn out the lights on.

While I think we'd all be lying if we said we weren't pissed or disappointed that the old boards got shuttered up.  I think everyone here is really appreciative of everything you and the other staffers have put together here.  Nothing short of fantastic.

Thanks guys.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 05:43 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: While I think we'd all be lying if we said we weren't pissed or disappointed that the old boards got shuttered up.  I think everyone here is really appreciative of everything you and the other staffers have put together here.  Nothing short of fantastic.

Thanks guys.

I second this wholeheartedly. Like I wrote over there earlier today, it was where we (most of us) met. And it was a place where a lot of folks put in a tremendous effort to make it as successful as it became. I won't forget that. Nor will I forget how hard, and quick, many worked to get this up and running. 

While 500 or so may not be large enough to impress the Bengals management, it's impressive to me that 500+ decided each of us were worth the effort to stick together. Best of luck to all of us in growing this board into one with class and staying power without the support of our favorite team.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2015, 05:43 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: While I think we'd all be lying if we said we weren't pissed or disappointed that the old boards got shuttered up.  I think everyone here is really appreciative of everything you and the other staffers have put together here.  Nothing short of fantastic.

Thanks guys.

Yep.  Well said.
Reply/Quote