Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The enigma of Arden Key
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/arden-key?id=2560074

Arden Key began the season as a top 10 pick...even top 5 for some. Now he has some red flags and would be fortunate to go in round one. He was up to 280 at one point but got his weight down nicely at the combine. Would you consider picking Arden Key in the 2nd round, or is all his baggage now too much
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
IDK if he fits us would rather go Rasheem Green(1st or 2nd), Jaylen Holmes,(3rd or 4) or Chad Thomas(5th-7) if we draft a base DE.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Pass unless he really, really falls imo.  
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 09:48 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: IDK if he fits us would rather go Rasheem Green(1st or 2nd), Jaylen Holmes,(3rd or 4) or Chad Thomas(5th-7) if we draft a base DE.

Green would be a great choice. He needs seasoning.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2018, 09:48 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: IDK if he fits us would rather go Rasheem Green(1st or 2nd), Jaylen Holmes,(3rd or 4) or Chad Thomas(5th-7) if we draft a base DE.

Yeah, he's more of a 3-4 edge in my opinion. Anything he would do here is already being done by Lawson. That being said if he falls to the thrid round comp, he would be back in consideration for me, but I don't see that happening.
Reply/Quote
Think we need surer picks in the first two rounds.

3rd or 4th maybe.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I like Key as a speed rushing OLB in a 3-4 scheme. His playing weight as a sophomore was 238, when he had his most success. Last year at 260+, his speed and effectiveness just wasn't there. And I don't see us consistently playing a 245-ish DE. This, combined with his off-field concerns, has me taking a pass until late Rd. 3 or 4 as a situational pass rusher.

Although he's essentially a clone of Danielle Hunter, who's been pretty successful in Zimmer's scheme. So it could work.
Reply/Quote
Reminds me a lot of Randy Gregory - on and off the field.

Both were touted as top 5 talents and top 5 picks, but they slid.
Reply/Quote