Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The fastest street legal car
The Hennessey Venom GT topped out at 270.4 mph.
Theres a Bugatti that will go 0-100 in 2.4 seconds and tops out at 268 mph

How long before these production cars hit 300+ mph?

I want to build a production car called the "Gopotti" because it will be so fast, you will crap your pants.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2017, 07:25 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: The Hennessey Venom GT topped out at 270.4 mph.
Theres a Bugatti that will go 0-100 in 2.4 seconds and tops out at 268 mph

How long before these production cars hit 300+ mph?

I want to build a production car called the "Gopotti" because it will be so fast, you will crap your pants.

The new Bugatti Veyron (which has a different name that slips my mind at the moment) will top the Venom, and change colors.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 05:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The new Bugatti Veyron (which has a different name that slips my mind at the moment) will top the Venom, and change colors.

That would be the Chiron. Mines awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
My 4 door Chevy Lumina 3.1 could do 106mph.  It probably could have done faster, but the steering wheel was shaking so hard I was having a hard time hanging on.  It'd do 0-60 in 6.7 seconds.  

We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some ******' muscle.

Alright, Alright, Alright.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
I know a guy (for legal purposes) who was in the 120s in a 69 Camaro. Not as smooth a ride as today's super cars. I still had a little peddle — er, I mean the guy I know had a little peddle — but every crack in the pavement felt like a speed bump. These days, that guy would probably crap his pants trying to do that.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 06:05 PM)Benton Wrote: I know a guy (for legal purposes) who was in the 120s in a 69 Camaro. Not as smooth a ride as today's super cars. I still had a little peddle — er, I mean the guy I know had a little peddle — but every crack in the pavement felt like a speed bump. These days, that guy would probably crap his pants trying to do that.

I had my Cobalt almost to 120 mph after turning off US 52 onto US 46. From 46, across the river and creek to the bottom of Whites Hill is exactly 1 mile. I turned onto 46 at around 30 mph and eased it to the floor...MAN THAT WAS FUN! but I ran out of straight road.

As I came up on the bridge, the road narrows some and your heart starts thumping. By that time, i was up to around 85 or 90. It wasnt until i was almost to Whites Hill when i looked down and the needle was right at 120 mph. I just couldn't imagine going 270 mph in a car on a long straight and smooth road.

The Cobalt was new at the time, it wouldn't do it now, lol.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 06:05 PM)Benton Wrote: I know a guy (for legal purposes) who was in the 120s in a 69 Camaro. Not as smooth a ride as today's super cars. I still had a little peddle — er, I mean the guy I know had a little peddle — but every crack in the pavement felt like a speed bump. These days, that guy would probably crap his pants trying to do that.

If you modernize a 1969 Camaro SS with up to date suspension, 4 wheel disc breaks and chassis, is it still a 1969 Camaro SS?

EDIT: That's weird, why did it make separate posts?
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 05:43 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: My 4 door Chevy Lumina 3.1 could do 106mph.  It probably could have done faster, but the steering wheel was shaking so hard I was having a hard time hanging on.  It'd do 0-60 in 6.7 seconds.  

We got 4:11 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper, Edelbrock intake, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some ******' muscle.

I hope you brought your woodscrews......cause I'm fixin' to blow your doors off!

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2017, 12:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: I hope you brought your woodscrews......cause I'm fixin' to blow your doors off!

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
The fastest I've ever been behind the wheel was around 140-145 mph coming down to the Clays Ferry bridge on I-75 in our old turbo Jetta.  The car was literally hugging the ground.  I was pretty impressed.  I have driven BMWs and Mercedes, and for the money, the VW can't be beat in the handling department.  That little car would flat out fly, and had the handling package to match with 17" inch factory wheels about 10" wide with 35 series low-profile tires.  Sway bars, slap shift, (could turn off the traction control to roast the front tires), low stance, light curb weight, a CPU flash, and plenty of boost and power for a car that size....it was fun to drive.

I've also driven a 600HP stock car at the Richard Petty Driving Experience, but that was at Bristol, so my top speed was only around 119 MPH.....but man, the pick-up on those things when you mash that throttle coming off the turns is something you won't soon forget!

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2017, 12:45 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.

L-I-V-I-N.....

Reply/Quote
My pappy said son you're gonna drive me to drinkin'...
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2017, 02:10 PM)xxlt Wrote: My pappy said son you're gonna drive me to drinkin'...

If you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln"

Have any of you ever seen Junior Brown cover this song? One of my favorite covers of all time!

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2017, 02:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: If you don't stop driving that hot rod Lincoln"

Have any of you ever seen Junior Brown cover this song?  One of my favorite covers of all time!

Go to You Tube and check out Bill Kirchen's takes on it. No disrespect to Junior, but you might have a new favorite!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 05:00 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: The new Bugatti Veyron (which has a different name that slips my mind at the moment) will top the Venom, and change colors.

The Bugatti Chameleon... :)
Reply/Quote
http://www.samuelhawley.com/lsrphotosmonster3.html

2nd picture down, 1st person on the far left, was my next door neighbor when I was growing up. Hank worked at GE aviation here locally after his time on the salt flats.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2017, 05:43 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: My 4 door Chevy Lumina 3.1 could do 106mph.  It probably could have done faster, but the steering wheel was shaking so hard I was having a hard time hanging on.  It'd do 0-60 in 6.7 seconds.  

When I got home from Iraq in 2004 I had a 98 Monte Carlo which is a 2 door Lumina with a 3.9 engine. I had it up to over 120 at that point it started skipping on the highway a wind caught the front end and it felt like it was gonna throw me like a plastic bag. I had just got back from the Green Zone and I had never been more scared in my life lolol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I've driven numerous fast production cars; however, the one that surprised me the most was a 1997 Eagle Talon TSi.

WTS, I've been much faster on 2 wheels than I have 4.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote