Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The field was terrible
This needs to be investigated by the NFL field was trash causing both side to lose footing.
Reply/Quote
Made this comment to my wife. On two separate runs, Mixon slipped in that crap, and very well could have turned them into bigger gains. Very low class.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agreed, it was...

[Image: raw]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Mixon said the turf was "crazy" and that he changed cleats at half time

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It was like playing in oakland
Reply/Quote
Said the same thing about 6 times. They just need to get turf. No excuse for this kind of field. Think they had a college game there the other night but that’s unacceptable. Especially for a brand new 2 billion dollar stadium
Reply/Quote
There is a few bad fields in the NFL. Billions of dollars and it is like that is inexcusable. Even the Bengals don't have a garbage field to play on.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I watched maybe a quarter of the game and saw the turf monster show up 3 times. Looked rough out there.
Reply/Quote
Still not as garbage as the field in Pittsburgh.
During the Detroit game I heard one announcer say that it may look green but it is mostly just sand that is painted.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bu..bu..bu..but it was REAL GRASS.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:48 PM)Destro Wrote: There is a few bad fields in the NFL. Billions of dollars and it is like that is inexcusable. Even the Bengals don't have a garbage field to play on.

...anymore. The turf at PBS was terrible the first couple years. To the point we thought Neil Rackers stunk, then after he left he had a great career.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Said the same thing about 6 times. They just need to get turf. No excuse for this kind of field. Think they had a college game there the other night but that’s unacceptable. Especially for a brand new 2 billion dollar stadium

The COLLEGE team uses artificial turf.  The different fields are designed to be swapped out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
It was really bad toward the middle of the field with the logo. I feel like Joe could’ve taken that fake flea flicker (which was badass by the way) all the way to the house.
Reply/Quote
Very odd for a dome as well right. I mean I can understand somewhat on an open stadium because your at the mercy of the elements.
Reply/Quote
The grass field is rolled in for Raider games, then rolled back outside. UNLV plays on the turf that is underneath. Raiders owner insisted on playing on grass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N457ZoS0zfg
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:17 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: The grass field is rolled in for Raider games, then rolled back outside.  UNLV plays on the turf that is underneath.  Raiders owner insisted on playing on grass.

Yep. I was just going to say that. Arizona does it too. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:17 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: The grass field is rolled in for Raider games, then rolled back outside. UNLV plays on the turf that is underneath. Raiders owner insisted on playing on grass.

That’s ridiculous, if you can’t properly care for the field then he shouldn’t have a say in it. Clearly not well maintained.
Reply/Quote
I thought this thread was about a certain former OSU QB.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought this thread was about a certain former OSU QB.

Pretty sure Andy could've helped us out if they'd started him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Asked my buddy if they were playing on ice. The Mixon fake flea flicker would have gone for much more, Apple could have possibly had a pick 6, and there are least 3 other runs I don’t remember the specifics but our guy stumbled. One play left what appeared to be a legitimate 3 foot divot.
Reply/Quote