Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The field was terrible
(11-21-2021, 09:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Said the same thing about 6 times. They just need to get turf. No excuse for this kind of field. Think they had a college game there the other night but that’s unacceptable. Especially for a brand new 2 billion dollar stadium

The college games are played on a different field turf. The Raiders' field rolls outta the stadium. A $2 billion stadium buys a lot. If these boys can't run on grass, I don't know what to say. They're gonna have to do it again at Cleveland.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 10:55 PM)jason Wrote: The college games are played on a different field turf. The Raiders' field rolls outta the stadium. A $2 billion stadium buys a lot. If these boys can't run on grass, I don't know what to say. They're gonna have to do it again at Cleveland.

That field was all chewed up before the game started. It’s not the players fault the field was trash. It’s the stadium crew and the owner. If you can’t maintain a decent grass field then you should be using turf. That simple. Looked almost as bad as Heinz field a few years ago before they finally broke down and re-sodded it mid season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 11:05 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: That field was all chewed up before the game started. It’s not the players fault the field was trash. It’s the stadium crew and the owner. If you can’t maintain a decent grass field then you should be using turf. That simple. Looked almost as bad as Heinz field a few years ago before they finally broke down and re-sodded it mid season.

Have you seen the owner's haircut? You may be right, but it had nothing to do with other games being played there. I don't see the point of having an indoor grass field myself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Vegas turf...BAD!
[Image: waving-the-monster.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
It might explain why both sides' passing game was so weak. If the receivers couldn't cut and quickly change direction, you aren't able to run a lot of different route combinations.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:48 PM)Destro Wrote: There is a few bad fields in the NFL. Billions of dollars and it is like that is inexcusable. Even the Bengals don't have a garbage field to play on.

If we the bengals can afford it then anyone should be able to.
Reply/Quote
I don't know how Vegas allowed that field to be pure trash. The Oakland Coliseum during baseball season had a better field than the crap we played on today.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Vegas definitely has the money, so really don't see how its even excusable at all.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:35 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: This needs to be investigated by the NFL field was trash causing both side to lose footing.

Very odd.  Seemed like the Bengals didn't know they wheel grass in and out and they were wearing turf shoes.  
Reply/Quote
Playing on different surfaces is BS. The league mandates everything from helmets to jockstraps. They ought to mandate one field surface, be it turf, grass, whatever and make every team install it. IMO there is simply no reason any NFL team should not have field turf.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 08:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Very odd.  Seemed like the Bengals didn't know they wheel grass in and out and they were wearing turf shoes.  

I heard someone say Mixon switched cleats at the half, I was wondering why he waited that long. First time he slipped, he should have had the equipment manager ready to swap out his cleats. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 09:49 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I heard someone say Mixon switched cleats at the half, I was wondering why he waited that long. First time he slipped, he should have had the equipment manager ready to swap out his cleats. 

Yeah, I wasn't kidding when I said the wrong cleats.  I didn't know the Death Star had that mobile grass field.  I don't really get it.  The turf of today is awesome.   Regardless, it is Home Sweet Home for 5 of the next 7.  
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 11:14 PM)jason Wrote: Have you seen the owner's haircut? You may be right, but it had nothing to do with other games being played there. I don't see the point of having an indoor grass field myself.

Dude looks like someone gave a Pete Rose haircut to a Chucky doll
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 10:32 AM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Dude looks like someone gave a Pete Rose haircut to a Chucky doll

You totally nailed it lol. 

On topic: Strange about the field considering it's such an expensive stadium.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2021, 11:40 AM)pally Wrote:

That's the kind of BS that will get a player hurt. The NFL should step in and mandate turf.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2021, 09:47 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Said the same thing about 6 times. They just need to get turf. No excuse for this kind of field. Think they had a college game there the other night but that’s unacceptable. Especially for a brand new 2 billion dollar stadium

That is a lot of dough for a field that crappy...
Reply/Quote