Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The first cut is the deepest
So long Brady Sheldon.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 11:36 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: So long Brady Sheldon.

Not Brady Sheldon!!!!

0-16, her we come!

Wait, which one was he?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As well as OT Dugas whom I though showed some promise. No surprises so far though.

Also Bryce Sterk was cut.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: As well as OT Dugas whom I though showed some promise. No surprises so far though.

Also Bryce Sterk was cut.

I still think Dugas has starter ability. Hopefully he ends up on the PS and they can continue coaching his potential.
Reply/Quote
I liked Sheldon.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:09 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not Brady Sheldon!!!!

0-16, her we come!

Wait, which one was he?

Greg, Peter and Bobby's illegitimate older half brother that Mike fathered with Alice. Reversed his name so Carol and the girls wouldn't figure it out and fire Alice.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 02:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Greg, Peter and Bobby's illegitimate older half brother that Mike fathered with Alice. Reversed his name so Carol and the girls wouldn't figure it out and fire Alice.

You know why Alice was sweet on Sam the butcher?  Because he gave her the meat!  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well, assuming the guys who got cut are rated behind guys who remain, and thus are not likely to make the PS, I'd say the following:

1) LB. We keep at least 5. Bynes, Pratt, Wilson, and ADG are locks. If he's healthy, Bailey too. With Calitro, Evans, and Spears competing for a possible 6th spot (or the 5th if Bailey on IR), and 1-2 PS spots.

2) O-line. I think this brings us down to 11 guys. 9 seem likely to roster (Williams, Hopkins, Jordan, Hart, XSF, Johnson, Price, Adeniji, & Redmond). We have Knipfel & Mauigoa as PS/9th guy candidates. Prince opted out.

3) Sterk out leaves the DL group as:
Starters (4): Dunlap, Atkins, Reader, Hubbard;
Primary Backups (2): Lawson, Daniels

It gets interesting after that. Kareem looks likely to make the team. I think we keep at least 9 on the roster. I'd rate Brown & Freedom ahead of Dishon, Futrell, Bledsoe, & McKenzie.

But the fact that we can protect 4 practice squad players each week and keep 6 vets on the squad means some more vets may land on the PS this year.
Reply/Quote
I thought Sheldon looked good in the TC vids. Dugas could be good down the road, developmental player.

Sterk has nice size and had great numbers all be it in a small conference. I like these guys, but cannot keep many, especially when
our D-line is so deep. No surprises here.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how much gamesmanship is involved with the cuts this year.

Teams have no pre-season tape so if you want to get someone onto the practice squad do you cut them early so they clear waivers whilst teams are still cutting down? These all seem like practice squad candidates to me but there's no way to know without having seen them in action.
Reply/Quote
Brandon Allen cut. Gotta assume they want him back on the PS and to keep him quarantined.
Reply/Quote
RB Jacque Patrick cut...he is expected to land on the PS if not picked up

DB Winston Rose is gone

CB Torry McTyer

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 11:24 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Brandon Allen cut. Gotta assume they want him back on the PS and to keep him quarantined.

My thoughts exactly.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 11:24 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Brandon Allen cut. Gotta assume they want him back on the PS and to keep him quarantined.

(09-05-2020, 12:15 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: My thoughts exactly.

I did not hear much about Allen's performance in camp.  Is the team really high on him?  I'd hope we are looking for someone better.
Reply/Quote
It seemed obvious to me that Brandon Allen was brought in so another QB knew our system in case Covid wiped out our QB room. That means he doesn't need to be on our team... he can be on the street or some other team's PS and we can pick him up in an emergency. If not for Covid, we wouldn't have brought a 4th QB to camp at all, as Zac has said many times he doesn't want to split the reps up too much.

Thus, I think the answer is no, we're not high on him and neither is any NFL team.
Reply/Quote
QB Jake Dolegala gone

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
A lot of these guys getting released today will be on the PS if they clear waivers.
Reply/Quote
And I think one could make the 53 as a replacement if Waynes is put on the initial 53 & moved to IR.

A bit surprised on Rose. Happy we are only keeping 2 QBs on the 53.

Looks like we may go heavier on DL than I thought.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2020, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I did not hear much about Allen's performance in camp.  Is the team really high on him?  I'd hope we are looking for someone better.

He never really got a chance to “compete” they kept him isolated and away from team activities. Mostly just learning the playbook and throwing on the side.
Reply/Quote
Both Rose and Patrick were guys given multi year deals coming from other leagues. Maybe in the future, just give those guys one year deals.
Reply/Quote