Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The future of P&R...
For everyone who frequents P&R and wants it to stay a part of the board, it's important to remember that this section is here as a bonus to members. In order for it to remain, the members who participate here need to do their part. That means cutting out the name calling, personal attacks and attempts to belittle each other when you disagree with others. 

Because the topics in this forum can often be controversial or hit close to home with personal beliefs, we understand that exchanges can sometimes get heated, spirited or even contentious...but that doesn't mean every thread has to go down the shitter within a few posts, which seems to be happening way too much. You guys are capable of having discussions without all the nastiness and pettiness, but you're choosing not to for whatever reason. 

I keep seeing people saying, 'I know I've done this or need to change that, but you also did this or need to change that'. If everyone just concentrates on improving their own behavior in here, then those who don't will be weeded out, and the problem will be greatly reduced. If you want P&R to stay, then it's on you to make sure it does. That means changing the overall atmosphere from the toxic nature that currently exists to a place where people can disagree without attacking or demeaning each other. 

So, the future of P&R is up to you guys. The staff could just eliminate it right now and say to hell with it, but instead we'e giving you the opportunity to save it and make it a better place. If nothing ends up changing though, P&R will be closed down.
Just ignore toxic posts. It really is that easy.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-29-2020, 02:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just ignore toxic posts. It really is that easy.

And toxic posters.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Its takes effort to be civil to eachother in this hyper-partisan climate. With the lack of sports and other non- pandemic pastimes, politics seem to have suddenly become a bigger focus in a lot of people's lives. Everyone is feeling extra invested in their beliefs lately. People who normally just went about their day normally are actually thinking more about themselves and the world around them more often. The world is in one of those times where a lot is happening at once, and it can be a lot to process sometimes. I know you all can treat each other with respect without sacrificing the joking and good-faith ribbing.
(06-29-2020, 02:36 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And toxic posters.

Ding ding ding.

They're pretty easy to identify. If they have....erm....extended involuntary absences, you can probably make an educated guess if you should just ignore them.
I hope we all strive to be more civil instead of just the "other guy".
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-29-2020, 02:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For everyone who frequents P&R and wants it to stay a part of the board, it's important to remember that this section is here as a bonus to members. In order for it to remain, the members who participate here need to do their part. That means cutting out the name calling, personal attacks and attempts to belittle each other when you disagree with others. 

Because the topics in this forum can often be controversial or hit close to home with personal beliefs, we understand that exchanges can sometimes get heated, spirited or even contentious...but that doesn't mean every thread has to go down the shitter within a few posts, which seems to be happening way too much. You guys are capable of having discussions without all the nastiness and pettiness, but you're choosing not to for whatever reason. 

I keep seeing people saying, 'I know I've done this or need to change that, but you also did this or need to change that'. If everyone just concentrates on improving their own behavior in here, then those who don't will be weeded out, and the problem will be greatly reduced. If you want P&R to stay, then it's on you to make sure it does. That means changing the overall atmosphere from the toxic nature that currently exists to a place where people can disagree without attacking or demeaning each other. 

So, the future of P&R is up to you guys. The staff could just eliminate it right now and say to hell with it, but instead we'e giving you the opportunity to save it and make it a better place. If nothing ends up changing though, P&R will be closed down.

Good Post
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
(06-29-2020, 02:34 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just ignore toxic posts. It really is that easy.

Often it is. But it's always harder if a toxic post is aimed at oneself.

If I think one has been aimed at me, I don't want to respond in kind, but sometimes I do want to explain myself, or why I thought the post unfair.
I've never been suspended. Like if Jesus said, "Let those who haven't been suspended throw the first rock", that lady would have been almost hit by a rock because I don't have very good aim. Just sayin'. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

There is a presidential election later this year. Pretty good chance civility returns to the White House. I think a lot of political discussion would probably return to normal too.

If you are getting a bunch of complaints from one poster maybe just give them a few months ban or something or let them know to quit whining. If you are getting a bunch of complaints from one of your moderators. Maybe let that mod handle some other area.

There are a bunch of adults in here in a password protected area. I’ve never been a big fan of heavy handed modding this place. There are enough decent people in here that we can police our own.
(06-29-2020, 02:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For everyone who frequents P&R and wants it to stay a part of the board, it's important to remember that this section is here as a bonus to members. In order for it to remain, the members who participate here need to do their part. That means cutting out the name calling, personal attacks and attempts to belittle each other when you disagree with others. 

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
I love everyone.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(07-01-2020, 11:47 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I love everyone.

How are you feeling brother? Praying for you and your family.
(07-01-2020, 04:30 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: There is a presidential election later this year. Pretty good chance civility returns to the White House. I think a lot of political discussion would probably return to normal too.

If you are getting a bunch of complaints from one poster maybe just give them a few months ban or something or let them know to quit whining. If you are getting a bunch of complaints from one of your moderators. Maybe let that mod handle some other area.

There are a bunch of adults in here in a password protected area. I’ve never been a big fan of heavy handed modding this place. There are enough decent people in here that we can police our own.

This is about not wanting this section to continue down the path of becoming as crazy and toxic as P&R topics/discussions on Facebook, Twitter or Reddit. You say there are a bunch of adults in here, and that's true, which makes it even more disappointing that many of them can't act like adults. Instead there is constant name calling, personal attacks and attempts to belittle others. That's not adult behavior in my book, brother. It's more like schoolyard behavior, and there's no need for it with a 'bunch of adults'. 

You brought up policing your own. The problem is that it has been attempted for quite awhile and it has never worked, because self-policing just turns into more of the same...arguments and attacks. Moderation will be a part of things going forward. Call it heavy handed if you want, but those who demonstrate that they can't handle posting in P&R without attacking, insulting and stirring the pot will no longer be a part of P&R at all. 

Every member is responsible for their own actions in here, and if their actions are continuously problematic, they'll have no one to blame but themselves if they lose the right to participate in P&R. I think that's a pretty simple and fair approach that makes every member responsible for their own behavior and will hopefully make P&R a better overall place overall and remain part of the site long term.
(07-01-2020, 01:08 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: How are you feeling brother? Praying for you and your family.

I’m good! We got lucky and didn’t spread it to the wife or kid. Appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(07-01-2020, 03:14 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I’m good! We got lucky and didn’t spread it to the wife or kid. Appreciate the prayers and kind thoughts.

Good news. Glad to hear it.