Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Historic snowstorm here in Wisconsin this weekend
They say its our biggest snowfall of all time since 1889! We are buried under two feet of snow! It started late Friday night and is just winding down now! We got at least 24 or 25 inches right near the stadium! Some areas just to the northwest of us got almost 30 inches! We have had virtually no spring weather to speak of yet this year and here we are in Mid April or now April 16th! Usually we get at least a couple days in the 60s by now and even a couple 70 degree days or more. I think our seasons are off by one month because last year at the end of September we were 90 degrees at the time when it is only in the 60s normally. October was warm with plenty of days in the 70s and November at the end of the month we had a couple days in the 60s just after Thanksgiving. Now were paying for it now. Has this spring been cold in Ohio?
Reply/Quote
I can't speak for everyone in Cincinnati because I live north of Dayton. However, I can tell you we've had more rain than I can remember in a long time. Your right with what seems like the weather is off a month. Sucks!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 07:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I can't speak for everyone in Cincinnati because I live north of Dayton. However, I can tell you we've had more rain than I can remember in a long time. Your right with what seems like the weather is off a month. Sucks!

damn romans and their calendars...
Reply/Quote
Two feet of snow in the middle of April? I'd give up and wait for it to melt.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2018, 01:28 AM)packerbacker Wrote: They say its our biggest snowfall of all time since 1889! We are buried under two feet of snow! It started late Friday night and is just winding down now! We got at least 24 or 25 inches right near the stadium! Some areas just to the northwest of us got almost 30 inches! We have had virtually no spring weather to speak of yet this year and here we are in Mid April or now April 16th! Usually we get at least a couple days in the 60s by now and even a couple 70 degree days or more. I think our seasons are off by one month because last year at the end of September we were 90 degrees at the time when it is only in the 60s normally. October was warm with plenty of days in the 70s and November at the end of the month we had a couple days in the 60s just after Thanksgiving. Now were paying for it now. Has this spring been cold in Ohio?

It's been snowing on and off here (I was presenting at a high school in Cincinnati today and it was obviously snowing there, too), which is pretty ridiculous for April.  

I'm wondering if it will be snowing on my birthday (May 8th), but the thing about Cincinnati is that it was snowing today but is supposed to be a high of 70 on Wednesday....  go figure.

My friend that used to live down here moved back to Wisconsin when her boyfriend dumped her and has been posting on Facebook about the weather up there (she went to Greenfield High School?).
Reply/Quote
It snowed here in Tennessee last night (Monday).

It was over 80 on Saturday.
Reply/Quote
Mhm, weird stuff here in Ontario too; we had our first sleet storm in a couple of years on Saturday and then it was warm enough to melt the past 2 days, but none of it melted for some reason.

Then we got snow, its snowing now and it'll be above 5 degrees Celsius (53 Fahrenheit, I think? Something around that) starting tomorrow and continuing for the foreseeable future.

Weird lol
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I just moved to North Dakota from northern Cincinnati and I drove through it. It was pretty crazy. For some reason the sky was purple in an area I was driving through at like 4 am. No clue why it was like that.
Reply/Quote
"They say its our biggest snowfall of all time since 1889!" 

Wait, of ALL TIME  since 1889? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all time didn't begin in 1889.. It began long before then.. 

Sorry, just making fun of the wording here.. It's kind of like an all purpose cleaner.. You can clean ANYTHING EXACTLY the same . Good for scrubbing off all the road grime from a freeway or gently cleansing a babies butt!  Now that's a heck of an all purpose cleaner.  Made for all time since 1889.. 
As for cold weather.. I HATE cold weather even if we do require it from time to time. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
"They say its our biggest snowfall of all time since 1889!" 

Wait, of ALL TIME  since 1889? I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but all time didn't begin in 1889.. It began long before then.. 

Sorry, just making fun of the wording here.. It's kind of like an all purpose cleaner.. You can clean ANYTHING EXACTLY the same . Good for scrubbing off all the road grime from a freeway or gently cleansing a babies butt!  Now that's a heck of an all purpose cleaner.  Made for all time since 1889.. 
As for cold weather.. I HATE cold weather even if we do require it from time to time. 

Here in South Carolina we had a hard frost just a few days ago. Below freezing in April in South Carolina? Now that's just nuts.. 

Woops.. Turned into a duplicate post. Guilty as charged . I'll never live it down .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote