Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The good news is...
On to Dallas. Can’t get here soon enough. Won’t be facing that level of D but they will be facing a lot better offense. Joe looked a lot better in the second half. Hopefully it was just rust. I really hate the first game of the season.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just a sloppy game by all. So disappointed in both lines. Sure Burrow looked bad but this Oline was supposed to be much improved, nope picked up where they left off in the SB. The D line couldn’t do shit against suspect Oline that was ranked 30th. How do we not get pressures, or even turnovers. Hope this team got the rust off with this game cause this schedule is freakin brutal. Can’t win against Jackson, Allen, Mahomes playing like this.
Reply/Quote
I thought Hurst looked good
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:44 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Yes,and with all the “gaffs”they still would have won had Taylor challenged that touchdown by Ja’Maar Chase.Because it was a touchdown.Or,having our starting long snapper might help.

Agree don’t know why they didn’t challenge? His right foot was on the goal line and the ball was in his right arm….it was clearly a TD. Maybe the thought was they could score from a half yard….
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:26 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Win in Dallas and this is quickly overwritten.

Lose in Dallas and this board will explode. We’ll be the underdog going into the game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:46 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: The team showed grit. The fact is the Steelers should of put that game away in the first half. We will get things righted, but LG is obviously still a major concern. Hard to fault kicking when you set a team record and you lose a guy like Clark Harris whose been dependable for so long. Things will settle down. Act like the team, don't give up, don't panic.

This.   Pre Burrow teams would have packed it in.  This team persevered  and would have won twice had our long supper not got injured.  OL has significant issues on the left side, and Joe was not himself.   

To my mind that underscores the cost of not playing your starters in preseason 
  But with Harris long snapping  we would have won anyway, so maybe Taylor's right and this old social worker is wrong.

Go figure.   I also would have liked Burrow throwing to Evans more than Perine.  But Perine did a good job blocking.

Love the cCt they should hVe won the game despite 5 turnovers 
Reply/Quote
Alas this wasn't just dropping a game and going to 0-1. As a Conference game it counts more than just 1 and as a Division game it again counts more than just 1. It's effectively like losing 2 games in terms of potential for making the playoffs. Beating Dallas would get us back to 1-1 but we'll still be in the AFC doghouse by losing all tiebreakers. The only way to recoup this is beating a Divisional foe.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: Alas this wasn't just dropping a game and going to 0-1. As a Conference game it counts more than just 1 and as a Division game it again counts more than just 1. It's effectively like losing 2 games in terms of potential for making the playoffs. Beating Dallas would get us back to 1-1 but we'll still be in the AFC doghouse by losing all tiebreakers. The only way to recoup this is beating a Divisional foe.

Well if we win 11 games...this won't matter.

If we end up with 9 wins, it mattered a lot.
Reply/Quote
Lose the turnover battle 5-0? Defense played great but not so certain Pitt is any good on offense. The glaring weaknesses on this team after FA & the draft were LG and backup WR. Both were glaring today. But other teams have roster holes.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Well if we win 11 games...this won't matter.

If we end up with 9 wins, it mattered a lot.

I had us finishing 10-7 and counted this as a win. If everything else holds, that makes us 9-8. That probably doesn’t get in the post season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: we are not peaking too early on offense.

This long game should now make up for the zero preseason snaps, maybe we bounce back next week?

Peaking to early? Is that even a thing? This is professional sports. There is no such thing as peaking to early.

We have to remember, the Steelers D is legit. Watt, Fitzpatrick, Heyward. We all knew their D would be tough. Plus playing rivals. Volson in his first pro game got the call to try and block Heyward, Watt is literally one of the best DE in football. You can’t shut him down the whole game. With as terrible as we played, it came down to kicking. Laces out Dan!!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:44 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Yes,and with all the “gaffs”they still would have won had Taylor challenged that touchdown by Ja’Maar Chase.Because it was a touchdown.Or,having our starting long snapper might help.

i'm sorry, but I keep seeing this over and over again. We don't know that the Bengals would have won the game if Taylor would have challenged the Chase TD. I believe they would have won the challenge. But would they have been able to kick the extra point? And there were still 3 minutes left at that point: would the Steelers have been motivated to drive down to get a FG attempt, as they did twice in overtime? So many unknowns. The known is that the Bengals scored with almost no time left on the clock. So, it turned out okay, with the exception of your second point: Yes, having our starting long snapper was the critical issue.

the positive for me is the defense. Four interceptions and a fumble lost? One of the interceptions a pick-6? And still the defense kept the Bengals in the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I thought Hurst looked good

Yeah he did. Showed some toughness and nice balance on the sidelines. I burrow can't get the time to go downfield, the short game can help using a good TE.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:20 PM)casear2727 Wrote: we are not peaking too early on offense.

This long game should now make up for the zero preseason snaps, maybe we bounce back next week?

I thought the good news was that shit show of a game performance is over Ninja
Reply/Quote
It was a really bad idea to not have the starters--especially an o-line with four new players--play any snaps in pre-season.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:04 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Peaking to early?  Is that even a thing?  This is professional sports.  There is no such thing as peaking to early.  

We have to remember, the Steelers D is legit. Watt, Fitzpatrick, Heyward.  We all knew their D would be tough. Plus playing rivals. Volson in his first pro game got the call to try and block Heyward,  Watt is literally one of the best DE in football. You can’t shut him down the whole game.   With as terrible as we played, it came down to kicking.  Laces out Dan!!

They could be without Watts for awhile. I don't usually go there, but I can't say I feel sorry for him.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:04 PM)Cosmokramer Wrote: Peaking to early?  Is that even a thing?  This is professional sports.  There is no such thing as peaking to early.  

We have to remember, the Steelers D is legit. Watt, Fitzpatrick, Heyward.  We all knew their D would be tough. Plus playing rivals. Volson in his first pro game got the call to try and block Heyward,  Watt is literally one of the best DE in football. You can’t shut him down the whole game.   With as terrible as we played, it came down to kicking.  Laces out Dan!!

I bet you are real fun at parties.    
Just for you Cosmo

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 10:02 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I bet you are real fun at parties.    
Just for you Cosmo

Parties don’t exist without me. I am the party! ? ?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:53 PM)Tony Wrote: Why didn't they just let Karras snap??

Because no regular center long snaps  The motions are different from how they stand and how they grip the ball to how they push the balls backwards.  How they block is different too.  Long snappers are expected to be able to move down the field something that 320lb centers can't do.  TEs are popular choices as long snappers because of their combination of size and speed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:26 PM)michaelsean Wrote: On to Dallas. Can’t get here soon enough. Won’t be facing that level of D but they will be facing a lot better offense. Joe looked a lot better in the second half. Hopefully it was just rust. I really hate the first game of the season.

Ah, watching Parson blow past the left tackle twice to sack Brady from the blind side. How do you stop Parsons? He made it look easy.
Reply/Quote