Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The guy brought in to 'modernize' our offense is a terrible playcaller
(12-08-2019, 10:49 PM)cj1895 Wrote: I missed it did we give Zac a Gatorade bath this week too? That was the most embarrassing thing I've seen in my 30 years of watching this team. If the Brown family has any sense of shame this idiot would be fired the minute the season ends. Having said that I look forward to his 5 year extension.

Indeed. I wouldn't want him anywhere near a #1 pick.

I'd hire McCarthy, Rivera, or JDR as our next HC.

IF we go McCarthy, then bring in some innovative playcaller with McCarthy there. IF we go one of the defensive HC's, then bring in a Jay Gruden as OC and a young, up-and-coming DC.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 10:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. I wouldn't want him anywhere near a #1 pick.

I'd hire McCarthy, Rivera, or JDR as our next HC.

IF we go McCarthy, then bring in some innovative playcaller with McCarthy there. IF we go one of the defensive HC's, then bring in a Jay Gruden as OC and a young, up-and-coming DC.

Jack Del Rio has not been mentioned even defensive coordinator candidate across the league. 

There is something up there that we don't know about.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Mixon seems to be counting down the days until he's out of here:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 10:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Amazing ! In the worst way.

The Bengals don't have an opening drive TD all year. We've scored 20 or more 3X Seahawks 20, Cardinals 23, (season high) Jets 22. We've been held to 17 or under in 9 of our 13 games !!!

I don't know our exact redzone stats but I'm quite sure we're among the worst in the league % wise.

New wave offensive guru ?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:10 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Amazing ! In the worst way.

The Bengals don't have an opening drive TD all year. We've scored 20 or more 3X Seahawks 20, Cardinals 23, (season high) Jets 22. We've been held to 17 or under in 9 of our 13 games !!!

I don't know our exact redzone stats but I'm quite sure we're among the worst in the league % wise.

New wave offensive guru ?

"Nobody can really stop us,” said Boyd after the Bengals racked up a season-high 451 yards, 119 more than Cleveland.

“Nobody. Nobody,” echoed in the next locker from running back Joe Mixon, who really was unstoppable with a career-high 146 yards on 23 carries.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mixon seems to be counting down the days until he's out of here:

I'm convinced AJ read the room the first week of training camp and realized ZT was bush league and not even qualified to be HC of pop warner ball. He knew where this was going from day one and did not want or need to be a part of it. In other words, AJ Green should be our GM.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:13 PM)cj1895 Wrote: I'm convinced AJ read the room the first week of training camp and realized ZT was bush league and not even qualified to be HC of pop warner ball. He knew where this was going from day one and did not want or need to be a part of it. In other words, AJ Green should be our GM.

The players definitely know that this staff isn't qualified I'd guess. That said, some of these players shouldn't be starting in the NFL.

I feel like these guys were used to Marvin for years...so doing things different in camp was a nice change for them. Remember how Zac said camp was going to be easier?

Well the guys totally aren't prepared for games. And it shows in their lack of execution.
Reply/Quote
1st and goal at the 2 yard line with an empty backfield ? Very next play from 10 or whatever same thing.

You have to keep in mind we had larry, darryl, and darryl as 3 of our receiver options.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 11:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mixon seems to be counting down the days until he's out of here:

Well she... sounds... hideous!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 10:49 PM)cj1895 Wrote: I missed it did we give Zac a Gatorade bath this week too? That was the most embarrassing thing I've seen in my 30 years of watching this team. If the Brown family has any sense of shame this idiot would be fired the minute the season ends. Having said that I look forward to his 5 year extension.

He just lost to the Browns once. If loses to them again to close out the season, he will be fired.

Mike typically has a long leash, but getting swept by Cleveland is the limit for him.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 01:34 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: He just lost to the Browns once. If loses to them again to close out the season, he will be fired.

Mike typically has a long leash, but getting swept by Cleveland is the limit for him.

That's exactly right.  Mike Brown should have shitcanned Marvin Lewis in 2007 or 2008 but Marvin didn't drop two games to the Skid Marks until 2018.  Even then, Mikey Boy let Marvin finish out the season. 

Mike Brown's stubborn streak is legendary.  If Sigmund Freud ever psychoanalyzed Mike he would have given up on psychology and taken up hard drinking instead.  However, with this stubborn streak comes fierce loyalty which in Mike's case is mostly detrimental. 

One date in history sticks in Mike's brain forever: January 9, 1963.  That's the day Art Modell, the Cleveland owner, fired Paul Brown who was the most successful coach in football at the time.  To put this in perspective, imagine the uproar if Robert Kraft, after another steamy rub-and-tug in a Florida massage therapy clinic, fired Bill Belichick. 

Mikey Boy hated Cleveland from that day forward; it's his most redeeming quality.  Mike looked up to his father -- we all did -- and Art Modell became The Enemy with the Browns themselves as his militia.  Do you know what Paul Brown said was his greatest victory?  Was it one of the great AAFC or NFL championships when he coached the Browns? 

No. 

It was the first time the Bengals beat the Browns in 1970. 

Paul Brown basically formed the Bengals to beat his old team.  As a Sicilian I totally get it; maybe Paul Brown had some mafioso blood.
Reply/Quote
MB only cares about not getting swept by a team that has had a single winning season in over 20 years...that says so much.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 08:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's blatantly obvious that he's a terrible playcaller. Running an Andy Dalton sneak from the 4-5 yard line on 4th down? Many other examples.

Mixon had a tremendous day today and we still couldn't score 20 points. The issues are far beyond missing AJ Green and Jonah.

He needs replaced as a playcaller. I think we all agree. He took over in Miami for Lazor and made that offense worse. Then as OC at UC, he produced the 123rd ranked offense out of 128.

I feel like this guys position in the NFL is as a QB Coach...NOT an offensive coordinator...and certainly not as a HC. It's just too big of a jump for him. He needs to work under a great HC for years to learn. He should have stayed with McVay.

So, if a guy is hired for his offensive mind...and he is terrible as an OC - What skills does Taylor have that make him salvageable as a HC?

You just think that because you are living in the stone age of football where quantity of points ruled. Modern, forward thinkers understand it's the quality of the points scored.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:37 AM)michaelsean Wrote: You just think that because you are living in the stone age of football where quantity of points ruled. Modern, forward thinkers understand it's the quality of the points scored.  

Fantasy football has ruined a generation of football fans!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
They should remove Callahan and bring Lazor back.
Have Lazor call the plays once the team gets into the red zone Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Is it just me or does Zac look just like someone from some youtube spoof video where they superimpose someone else's lips over someone else's face? He looks like that in real life from everything I've seen.. It's clearly no coincidence..  Cool
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:31 AM)Nately120 Wrote: MB only cares about not getting swept by a team that has had a single winning season in over 20 years...that says so much.

The Bengals will try to pull out all of the stops in Week 17 to get that win for Mike Brown at home.
If it happens, there's a chance it could knock the Bengals from that #1 overall seed.
We should be rooting for NYG to get a win against (at least) MIA and/or WAS.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:42 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The Bengals will try to pull out all of the stops in Week 17 to get that win for Mike Brown at home.
If it happens, there's a chance it could knock the Bengals from that #1 overall seed.
We should be rooting for NYG to get a win against (at least) MIA and/or WAS.

Let's hope Philly lays another egg tonight and Manning is out to prove he's still a starter.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 11:55 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let's hope Philly lays another egg tonight and Manning is out to prove he's still a starter.

Its frustrating,its a new dey.REALLY
Reply/Quote