Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The impact the Super Bowl/humbleness had on the Steeler loss
I am not sure this point is being talked about enough.

Making the Super Bowl last year is going to have an impact on this team and I think it already has. It just HAS to be harder for these guys to get up after reaching the pinnacle of the sport less than a year ago....especially for the first game of the year against a team you beat the hell out of two times ago a year prior.

I think this game will end up being a huge wake up call for this team...a slice of humble pie if you will. Every team is going to give it their all against the Bengals this year...they aren't sneaking up on anyone.

Having swag is good, but they can't go into every game thinking it's going to be easy. I think there was somewhat of an over confidence this week and the Steelers hit them in the mouth. It's a corny saying, but the Steelers "wanted it more".

Hopefully this week was the end of that. Onward and upward from here on out. Can't take anything for granted and expect wins.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I didn't see any fire, sense of urgency, or
Spark till the 4th Q. I saw the Steelers set the tempo
Right out the gate . TJ Watt was all over the place.
Guys were feeding off his energy .it was contagious
Reply/Quote
They weren't going undefeated. It was the first game of the year and they played like crap. It happens all the time. Learn from your mistakes and move on. No psychotherapy needed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am not sure this point is being talked about enough.

Making the Super Bowl last year is going to have an impact on this team and I think it already has. It just HAS to be harder for these guys to get up after reaching the pinnacle of the sport less than a year ago....especially for the first game of the year against a team you beat the hell out of two times ago a year prior.

I think this game will end up being a huge wake up call for this team...a slice of humble pie if you will. Every team is going to give it their all against the Bengals this year...they aren't sneaking up on anyone.

Having swag is good, but they can't go into every game thinking it's going to be easy. I think there was somewhat of an over confidence this week and the Steelers hit them in the mouth. It's a corny saying, but the Steelers "wanted it more".

Hopefully this week was the end of that. Onward and upward from here on out. Can't take anything for granted and expect wins.

I hope you are right. Although I remember the exact same thinking ("wake up call") when they lost to the Jets last year and the next game they lost bad to Cleveland. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:44 PM)Nepa Wrote: I hope you are right. Although I remember the exact same thinking ("wake up call") when they lost to the Jets last year and the next game they lost bad to Cleveland. 

It was a wakeup fortnight.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I think the team was overconfident. Rested all preseason.

Teams are definately gunning for us too.
Reply/Quote
Guess we will get to see how this team reacts to this next week. Cowboys ain’t easy even with Dak out
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:18 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I am not sure this point is being talked about enough.

Why are people acting like this game was an anomaly compared to last year? There were tons of games last year where we came out slow, struggled, and either came back to win close or lose close. We had 10 games last year that were within 3 points. We won 5 of them and lost 5 of them. We had 3 games go into OT (including out first game last year) and lost 2 of them. 

This is the exact same team we watched last year. Maybe it's some fans who needed the humble pie and not the players?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:07 PM)TheFan Wrote: Why are people acting like this game was an anomaly compared to last year? There were tons of games last year where we came out slow, struggled, and either came back to win close or lose close. We had 10 games last year that were within 3 points. We won 5 of them and lost 5 of them. We had 3 games go into OT (including out first game last year) and lost 2 of them. 

This is the exact same team we watched last year. Maybe it's some fans who needed the humble pie and not the players?

I guess you missed both of the Steelers games last year? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
This is the NFL. Momma said there would be days like this.

I didn't see overconfidence. I saw rusty play from no preseason snaps.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 02:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I didn't see any fire, sense of urgency, or
Spark till the 4th Q. I saw the Steelers set the tempo
Right out the gate . TJ Watt was all over the place.
Guys were feeding off his energy .it was contagious

And that (in)famous Zac Taylor playcalling from 2019-2020 was also back.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:21 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I guess you missed both of the Steelers games last year? 

Yes, because as learned from last year everything stays the same from year to year. 

Did you miss the first game against them last year? Our offense only scored 24 points against them in our first match up and we only had 268 total yards (the 2nd lowest of the year). 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 05:28 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: This is the NFL.  Momma said there would be days like this.

I didn't see overconfidence.  I saw rusty play from no preseason snaps.

No pre-season play was a factor IMO, as well. It's like getting on a bike in the spring after being off of it all winter, and losing your balance a couple of times before you straighten up.

Of course, no one is running at you with the full force of 225 lbs while you're getting your balance, either.  

All the more reason.  Cool
Reply/Quote