Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The indispensables
In light of the injury news that has become available today, I got to thinking, who on this team is absolutely indispensable? In other words, who , if they are injured and miss a considerable amount of time, immediately cuts this teams chances of winning a super bowl at least in half, if not more? While I don't think the list is very long due to the abundance of talent and depth on this team, I am still curious as to how yall feel about it.

I'll start with what I feel like is the obvious in naming Andy Dalton as indispensable. I literally believe that losing him translates to us only having a 1-5% ( in comparison to our more elevated chances with him) chance of winning it all. I'll stop there and open it to the floor. Who ya got?

Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 03:57 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: In light of the injury news that has become available today, I got to thinking, who on this team is absolutely indispensable? In other words, who , if they are injured and miss a considerable amount of time, immediately cuts this teams chances of winning a super bowl at least in half, if not more? While I don't think the list is very long due to the abundance of talent and depth on this team, I am still curious as to how yall feel about it.

I'll start with what I feel like is the obvious in naming Andy Dalton as indispensable. I literally believe that losing him translates to us only having a 1-5% ( in comparison to our more elevated chances with him) chance of winning it all. I'll stop there and open it to the floor. Who ya got?

Superstitious folks like me don't even want to look at threads like this Sick
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:00 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Superstitious folks like me don't even want to look at threads like this Sick

I figured that would be a thing, but I don't believe in that crap so then I figured why not?

Reply/Quote
Andy
AJ
Whit
Burfict
Geno
Carlos
Pacman (maybe)
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:10 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Andy
AJ
Whit
Burfict
Geno
Carlos
Pacman (maybe)

I'm right with you on Andy and AJ. I'm on the fence when it comes to Carlos and Pacman. I'd say Carlos more than Pacman only because I'm not sure about the D-end depth at the moment and defensive fronts are so important in helping the back end of the defense. And as good as burfict is we've seen this team play very well without him, so I personally am not sure he's indispensable, at least not to the extent of the aforementioned guys. And with big whit I guess the question is, how good are ogbuehi and fisher. If they are up to that task could we weather that storm? I'm not sure. A case can certainly be made for all of these guys though.

Reply/Quote
Assuming Karlos Dansby still has anything left, you can scratch Burfict off that list. We haven't had that luxury in awhile.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I would say Pacman is the number 1 player we can't lose... Remember that amazing defense the Broncos had? With the best corners? Sarcasm by the way continually got burned by top receivers hell brown had 230 yards in one game meanwhile he didn't have more that 70 yards in games against Pacman Pacman shuts down all top recievers
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:26 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I'm right with you on Andy and AJ. I'm on the fence when it comes to Carlos and Pacman. I'd say Carlos more than Pacman only because I'm not sure about the D-end depth at the moment and defensive fronts are so important in helping the back end of the defense. And as good as burfict is we've seen this team play very well without him, so I personally am not sure he's indispensable, at least not to the extent of the afore mentioned guys. And with big whit I guess the question is, how good are ogbuehi and fisher. If they are up to that task could we weather that storm? I'm not sure. A case can certainly be made for all of these guys though.

I look at Carlos and Geno as kind of a package because to me they represent our pass rush and I'm not sure one is as effective without the other. Although Dunlap held his own when Atkins was down. Good points made about Burfict I'm on the fence about him being indispensable but I do think he brings some toughness and emotion that is hard to match. In my opinion the defense is still one of the best if Burfict disappeared tomorrow and V.Rey had to take his place though so it may be fair to not include him on the list. It sounds like Adam Jones has reached a level with his play where he is a top corner in the league but his lack of control on the field makes it hard to for the team to rely on him at times. I feel like there is a much bigger drop off from Jones to Kirk then from Burfict to Vinny. At this moment I think Whit is on the list because I'm not sold on his backups and he is one of the leaders. We just haven't seen enough from Fisher or Ced for me to feel secure if Whit got injured.
Reply/Quote
Andy & AJ top the list.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 04:10 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Andy
AJ
Whit
Burfict
Geno
Carlos
Pacman (maybe)

In light of Shawn Williams getting dinged up today, you might want to add George Iloka to that list.  Especially seeing how Reggie Nelson is no longer a Bengal..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote