Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The irony if Sample becomes what Zac thinks he will
(05-01-2019, 11:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tbf there was a lot of people here who weren’t crazy about Bush before the draft.

I always thought he was too small and thought it was insane that people thought he was better Devin White. When you watch the tape it’s not even close.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People were RAVING about Bush on this forum predraft.

The Steelers take him and now he's small and can't tackle.

Had we taken him, he would have been the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis.

You guys and gals are all funny!

Maybe other people were raving about Devin Bush, not me. I didn't care that he was small, it was the poor tackling part that stood out to me and the reason i wouldn't of cared for the pick. Said this pre-Draft if you didn't notice.

If we would of taken him i would of said, okay, now he needs to learn how to wrap up and cover.

Pratt was much better in these areas and i said it pre-Draft. You are funny saying this right after my post which shows you didn't know my position pre-Draft Pistons. Don't care for your post here and acting like everyone didn't know these obvious weaknesses of Bush before the Draft. They were evident weaknesses.

White was the best LB, Pratt was the 2nd best IMO. We got a steal in the 3rd round and was my favorite pick of the Draft and i loved most of the picks. Jonah and Sample take us to another level blocking which i believe was our biggest weakness and stated it many times that i wanted an OT over Bush everytime.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 06:21 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Whats funny is you guys and gals who are throwing tantrums because they think they are smarter than professionals.

Gee...we're lucky we have someone 1 step downstream in the process to provide keen insight such as that!

The Bengals management team has 0 wins in 27 tries. How dare anyone second guess their tactics!
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Bengals management team has 0 wins in 27 tries. How dare anyone second guess their tactics!

Over the past 16 years the Bengals have a winning record against other NFL front offices.

So I guess over half the league does not know what they are doing.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2019, 01:40 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Gee...we're lucky we have someone 1 step downstream in the process to provide keen insight such as that!

The Bengals management team has 0 wins in 27 tries. How dare anyone second guess their tactics!

You have been around for all of those seasons and haven't offered to help out? Zac's regime has 0-0 record. Can't we be enthusiastic now about the future until the at least into October? The Bengals are getting a bunch of players back off IR and by almost all the draft gurus we had an above average draft. Why can't we look forward instead of being Debbie Downers post after post. I know as well as anyone that being a Bengals fan is tough but this is the time for hope.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2019, 10:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: People were RAVING about Bush on this forum predraft.

The Steelers take him and now he's small and can't tackle.

Had we taken him, he would have been the 2nd coming of Ray Lewis.

You guys and gals are all funny!

There are many of us that have had issue with him all the way thru the process and have the posting history to back it. My entire draft mantra has been say no to Devins! And he was small and could not tackle the entire way thru.
Reply/Quote
Bush is a good player that would've filled a need for us but I wouldn't have been super excited if he ended up being our pick. Since it was unlikely that elite talent like White and Oliver would slide to 11, Bush would've felt more like a consolation prize like the Price/Ragnow ordeal last year. No one expected Williams to still be there at 11 as well. I guess it's easier to nitpick when Bush goes to a divisional rival but I was always more locked in on getting Germaine Pratt in the draft. I really enjoyed watching his film. The draft worked out perfectly for us because we weren't able to trade up in the 2nd to get Risner/Cody Ford, so if we drafted Bush instead of Williams we would've been in worse shape. Now we have arguably the best OL and the 3rd best LB in Pratt who really isn't a far dropoff in talent from the Devins.
Reply/Quote