Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joe won Fed Ex Ground Player of the week-
Sweet
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bets part is that he won it head-to-head with Dalvin Cook.

Lots of people mention Cook when criticizing MIxon because we traded back and passed on Cook when drafting Mixon.

I'm rather glad we didn't go with Cook, mostly because my wife would get sick of me compulsively yelling DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLVIIIIIN every week.   Same goes for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLVIN Kamara, I guess.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 07:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm rather glad we didn't go with Cook, mostly because my wife would get sick of me compulsively yelling DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLVIIIIIN every week.   Same goes for AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLVIN Kamara, I guess.

I am old so this is funny.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 07:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I am old so this is funny.

Before that there was Jonathan Viiiiiilllllmaaaaaaaa!
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 08:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Before that there was Jonathan Viiiiiilllllmaaaaaaaa!

[Image: 516d094f6885dfe6f86dc72ac012fc83--so-fun...-stuff.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Dammit..Now I have Chipmunk christmas songs stuck in my head.. Cry
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Having Lawrence up there for a game where he threw 3 picks and had a 70.1 rating is a bit much.

I was wondering why his percentages were so low. Based on what they present, he had a great debut.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 07:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I am old so this is funny.

And when the Chipettes made their first appearance ... let's just say, I had 0 socks that were not stiff by laundry day. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2021, 09:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Having Lawrence up there for a game where he threw 3 picks and had a 70.1 rating is a bit much.

How many other rookies had big games?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 09:32 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: How many other rookies had big games?

Don’t know, as I don’t follow every single rookie in the league.

But throwing 3 INT’s in a loss to the lowly Texans is hardly a worthy candidate.

Reply/Quote
Also this from Bengals.com:

Bengals rookie K Evan McPherson was named AFC Special Teams Player of the Week for Week 1 for his performance in the team's win on Sunday vs. the Minnesota Vikings.

And the funny part: This is McPherson's FIRST career AFC Player of the Week award. Kinda hard to have one prior to your first week.
Reply/Quote
You know Hobspin. Surprised he didn't say McPherson has never not won the AFC Special Teams Player of the week award!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 12:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: You know Hobspin. Surprised he didn't say McPherson has never not won the AFC Special Teams Player of the week award!

well he hasnt lol
Reply/Quote
Chase got rookie of the week. Awards all around for the team this week.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 01:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Chase got rookie of the week. Awards all around for the team this week.

I ask again...

Does this happen often on one team? I don't remember it.
Reply/Quote
I don't remember either, but I'll have to pay attention now to see.

Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 09:27 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And when the Chipettes made their first appearance ... let's just say, I had 0 socks that were not stiff by laundry day. Mellow

TMI dude, TMI...
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2021, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I ask again...

Does this happen often on one team? I don't remember it.

it likely has.. but i bet its extremely rare.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2021, 06:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bets part is that he won it head-to-head with Dalvin Cook.

Lots of people mention Cook when criticizing MIxon because we traded back and passed on Cook when drafting Mixon.

Yep, and I was one of em. Hopefully Pollack's run schemes lead to Joe making me forget all about that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote