Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last 5 games of the season could DOOM Marvin
Marvin's job may really be on the line this time.

The Bengals last 5 games are Steelers, Bears, at Vikings, Lions and at Ravens.

If the Bengals are playing then like they are now they could easily lose 4 of the last 5 games.

A season ending Whimper could either make Marvin decide to retire on his own or convince Mike Brown not to extend Marvin's contract.

Those wanting a New Head Coach may have the Stars aligned in their favor for one with this season ending schedule.
Reply/Quote
Who cares? He's 0-7 as a coach.

Even if he isn't retained now, this Bengals franchise wasted some of it's most talented teams with him at the help.

And he's made tens of millions of dollars. And Bengals ownership has made hundreds of millions.

The fans are the only losers in this all.
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown employed coaches that have performed way worse, and let them hang around way longer than they would in any other city. I suspect that Marvin has a job for life. Hopefully, he'll decide to retire.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 04:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Who cares? He's 0-7 as a coach.

Even if he isn't retained now, this Bengals franchise wasted some of it's most talented teams with him at the help.

And he's made tens of millions of dollars. And Bengals ownership has made hundreds of millions.

The fans are the only losers in this all.

I hear ya.

It may just have an Entertainment value to see who Mike Brown would Hire should Marvin leave after this season.

Maybe only Circus level entertainment.

It could likely just end up being a New Coach to focus the fans wrath on and not change the Fortunes of the Franchise.

What keeps us all on this Board talking about it is a Mystery but we probably will be 6 months from now.

Would be nice though if a Winner was brought in. Won't bet on it.
Reply/Quote
You guys are not giving Marvin the credit to what I think he does best, draft good players. Marvin can continue to do other things with the organization other than HC position. Marvin, if you are listening, do the right thing and make it your last season this season.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 07:41 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: You guys are not giving Marvin the credit to what I think he does best, draft good players.  Marvin can continue to do other things with the organization other than HC position. Marvin, if you are listening, do the right thing and make it your last season this season.

Yep,

Give credit where it is due. He helped pull the franchise out of the basement and into the first floor. Think he is a fine talent evaluator.

What a shame Hue left and Marvin stayed on. I think Hue is exactly what was needed 
Reply/Quote
First 5 games should doom him. Have you seen the stats on teams starting 0-2?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 07:41 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: You guys are not giving Marvin the credit to what I think he does best, draft good players.  Marvin can continue to do other things with the organization other than HC position. Marvin, if you are listening, do the right thing and make it your last season this season.

Yeah, the drafting of Fisher, Ogbuehi abd Ross were tremendous..
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: First 5 games should doom him. Have you seen the stats on teams starting 0-2?

I assume they are quite positive in regards to winning a Super Bowl, right?
Reply/Quote
Honestly, his job really isn't on the line any more. He does;'t have a contract for next year. I doubt at this point it gets extended.
Reply/Quote