Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last time the Browns were still in the playoff picture after 14 games.
The Browns have a better record than this team and they have a shot at making the playoffs while this team is sitting at home yet again. Same old same old
Reply/Quote
Actually... The Browns potentially making the playoffs over us is quite new.

And hopefully it’s not the new norm Nervous
Reply/Quote
2007. At 9-5 the Browns are in the thick of the playoff race. Their next opponent is the 5-9 Bengals who have nothing to play for.

The Browns are led by their Pro Bowl QB, Derek Anderson, in just his second year in the league. They have the #8 scoring offense in the league. Their future looks much brighter than the Bengals whose '05 playoff appearance is looking like a fluke. Despite playing at home the Bengals are a 3 point underdog.

Both QBs struggle on a windy December day, but Kenny Watson has a career high 130 rushing yards for the Bengals and safety Chinedum Ndukwe makes two crucial interceptions to seal a 19-14 Bengals win.

Browns are eliminated from the playoffs and have not had another winnning season since. Meanwhile the Bengals have made the playoffs 6 more times since.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2007.  At 9-5 the Browns are in the thick of the playoff race.  Their next opponent is the 5-9 Bengals who have nothing to play for.

The Browns are led by their Pro Bowl QB, Derek Anderson, in just his second year in the league.  They have the #8 scoring offense in the league.  Their future looks much brighter than the Bengals whose '05 playoff appearance is looking like a fluke.  Despite playing at home the Bengals are a 3 point underdog.

Both QBs struggle on a windy December day, but Kenny Watson has a career high 130 rushing yards for the Bengals and safety Chinedum Ndukwe makes two crucial interceptions to seal a 19-14 Bengals win.

Browns are eliminated from the playoffs and have not had another winnning season since.  Meanwhile the Bengals have made the playoffs 6 more times since.

We need to get Joe going early and often. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:44 PM)sandwedge Wrote: We need to get Joe going early and often. 

And the pash rushers need to get to Mayfield. I think the first Browns game was some of the longest times I’ve seen an opposing QB hold the ball and scan the field all season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the pash rushers need to get to Mayfield. I think the first Browns game was some of the longest times I’ve seen an opposing QB  hold the ball and scan the field all season.

I didn't see the 1st game, thankfully, but you are right. We have got to knock the snot out of Manziel II.....
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:55 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I didn't see the 1st game, thankfully, but you are right. We have got to knock the snot out of Manziel II.....

I wish he was Manziel 2.0. He’s not. He’s actually good, unfortunately.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wish he was Manziel 2.0. He’s not. He’s actually good, unfortunately.

Meh... He's average.

He's not better than Andy I'm not sure he ever will be and many consider Andy to be, "average," so...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:45 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Meh... He's average.

He's not better than Andy I'm not sure he ever will be and many consider Andy to be, "average," so...

Have to disagree with you here, man. I think he’ll end up being a better QB than Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wish he was Manziel 2.0. He’s not. He’s actually good, unfortunately.

He's not Johnny Fartball at all.  Having said that, you made a good point in your previous post about pressuring him.  Denver did that, and he wasn't very spectacular that game.  If they can pressure him Sunday, they have a puncher's chance....and feed Mixon.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
One thing Mayfield does really well (and maybe already better than Dalton) is spread the ball around.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have to disagree with you here, man. I think he’ll end up being a better QB than Dalton.

ThumbsUp

Not this year, but a year or two from now? Yes. He's already gearing up on beating ADs rookie stats thru 12 games when it took AD in 16.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: One thing Mayfield does really well (and maybe already better than Dalton) is spread the ball around.

A QBs job is to go through his reads and throw to the first one that is open.

So "spreading the ball around" is on the OC, not the QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:03 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A QBs job is to go through his reads and throw to the first one that is open.

So "spreading the ball around" is on the OC, not the QB.

Yeah, QB’s never force the ball...

Reply/Quote
I think we will play a way better game against the Browns, but I dont know if it will be enough to beat them. With Dalton and Green I'd say yes but the Browns defense may be a bit much for Jeff Driskel.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 02:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, QB’s never force the ball...

Good ones don't.

But top receivers get open more often than lesser receivers so they are naturally going to get more targets.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 01:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Have to disagree with you here, man. I think he’ll end up being a better QB than Dalton.

Other than Denver, who we saw is not really that good, who has he beaten?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
It hurts my heart to hear Bengal fans pimping that punk ass dbag.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And the pash rushers need to get to Mayfield. I think the first Browns game was some of the longest times I’ve seen an opposing QB  hold the ball and scan the field all season.

8 frickin' seconds on one of his TDs.  8 !!

Plus a defense that played with no heart whatsoever.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 10:07 PM)McC Wrote: Other than Denver, who we saw is not really that good, who has he beaten?

Honestly, beating anyone as a Browns QB is noteworthy.

John Dorsey also drafted Mahomes. He seems to know QB’s.

And trust me, I don’t like it anymore than you do.

Reply/Quote