Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last time the Browns were still in the playoff picture after 14 games.
I thought Baker Mayfield was the best QB in the draft.

I don't know if he will have a better career than Dalton, but he can be a very good QB.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2007.  At 9-5 the Browns are in the thick of the playoff race.  Their next opponent is the 5-9 Bengals who have nothing to play for.

And as much as things change, they stay the same

Browns are eliminated from the playoffs and have not had another winnning season since.  Meanwhile the Bengals have made the playoffs 6 more times since.

And at the end of the day both have the same amount of playoff wins.
Reply/Quote
"Playoffs" = 12th place.  No once cares.  No one is impressed.  12th place without even the slightest chance to go further is like working at burger king while making alimony payments to your previous 3 spouses, paying off your gambling debt, and paying off your multiple DUis.  12th place is not exciting, inspiring, nor worthy of Hamilton County tax dollars. If the Browns, or anyone else in the league, makes 12th place NOT A SINGLE human being on the face of the earth should get excited over it.
Reply/Quote
I was at that game. I believe the Browns savior that year threw 5 picks that day.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 08:03 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: "Playoffs" = 12th place.  No once cares.  No one is impressed.  12th place without even the slightest chance to go further is like working at burger king while making alimony payments to your previous 3 spouses, paying off your gambling debt, and paying off your multiple DUis.  12th place is not exciting, inspiring, nor worthy of Hamilton County tax dollars.  If the Browns, or anyone else in the league, makes 12th place NOT A SINGLE human being on the face of the earth should get excited over it.

You need to watch more football on TV.  I have seen many players and fans celebrate making the playoffs.

Making the playoffs is not the ultimate success.  No one here thinks it is, but it is a level of success that many teams struggle to attain every year.  You can joke about it if you want, but your assessment just is not true.  Working at Burger King is not the 12th best job in the world.  That is just silly.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 10:45 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You need to watch more football on TV.  I have seen many players and fans celebrate making the playoffs.

Making the playoffs is not the ultimate success.  No one here thinks it is, but it is a level of success that many teams struggle to attain every year.  You can joke about it if you want, but your assessment just is not true.  Working at Burger King is not the 12th best job in the world.  That is just silly.

Do you get free Whoppers?  If you get free Whoppers then....
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
C'mon guys, can't we have a thread about anything without turning it into a whinefest abut how much it sucks to make the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
Well, its not quite the dark ages yet. Now the 90's? That, my friend, was the black hole of dark ages as a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:06 AM)Trademark Wrote: The Browns have a better record than this team and they have a shot at making the playoffs while this team is sitting at home yet again. Same old same old

actually I don't see how this is same ole same ole at all...

in the last 20 years this scenario has only happened 2 times...  And both those times we had over 10+ starters on IR

but don't let that falling sky hit you in the head chicken little.
Reply/Quote
The Bills and their fans sure looked excited to me last season when we helped them get in. In fact they were so happy they donated tons of money to Dalton and Boyd’s charities.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2007.  At 9-5 the Browns are in the thick of the playoff race.  Their next opponent is the 5-9 Bengals who have nothing to play for.

The Browns are led by their Pro Bowl QB, Derek Anderson, in just his second year in the league.  They have the #8 scoring offense in the league.  Their future looks much brighter than the Bengals whose '05 playoff appearance is looking like a fluke.  Despite playing at home the Bengals are a 3 point underdog.

Both QBs struggle on a windy December day, but Kenny Watson has a career high 130 rushing yards for the Bengals and safety Chinedum Ndukwe makes two crucial interceptions to seal a 19-14 Bengals win.

Browns are eliminated from the playoffs and have not had another winnning season since.  Meanwhile the Bengals have made the playoffs 6 more times since.

2007 ahhh the last time we lead the league in IR
Reply/Quote
Maybe it's a good thing ? Spur Mike Brown to action finally and fire this pitiful coaching staff ?

Gotta be able to have some kinda hope.
Reply/Quote
the dark ages are here and hue jackson is the bubonic plague
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 11:29 AM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: Well, its not quite the dark ages yet. Now the 90's? That, my friend, was the black hole of dark ages as a Bengals fan.

Why the hell did you rez the thread?

It was going to die a quiet, sad death.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 11:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Bills and their fans sure looked excited to me last season when we helped them get in. In fact they were so happy they donated tons of money to Dalton and Boyd’s charities.

The Bills fans were so happy because they had not been there in such a long time, but even fans of top teams celebrate when they make the play  offs.

They know it is not the ultimate goal, but they don't ***** and whine about how sucky it is to make the playoffs.  They understand it is a goal all teams strive for each year but most don't achieve.
Reply/Quote
If your goal is championships or at the very least a playoff win it can be argued the dark ages never left.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:06 AM)Trademark Wrote: The Browns have a better record than this team and they have a shot at making the playoffs while this team is sitting at home yet again. Same old same old

Same old, same old? That hasn't been the case in over 15 years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 11:44 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Why the hell did you rez the thread?

It was going to die a quiet, sad death.

But much like Jason Vorhees... It'll keep coming back.

***** relentless....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The Browns ain't making the playoffs... There I said it.

The Bengals are gonna whip their ass this week, and they'll lose to whoever they play next week. And their d bag fans will take the moral victory.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Same old, same old? That hasn't been the case in over 15 years.

Maybe he was referring to the thread itself... There are several just like it.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote