Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last time the Browns were still in the playoff picture after 14 games.
(12-18-2018, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon guys, can't we have a thread about anything without turning it into a whinefest abut how much it sucks to make the playoffs?

I remember those threads... Waaaay back in December of 2015.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Good ones don't.

You say that the good QBs don't force the ball, but very recently I've seen both Goff and Brady trying to do exactly that.  I'd say that they're both considered to be pretty good QBs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 12:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You say that the good QBs don't force the ball, but very recently I've seen both Goff and Brady trying to do exactly that.  I'd say that they're both considered to be pretty good QBs.

Goff has struggled recently, like the last 3 games, seems teams have finally solved the Rams offense a bit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 11:15 AM)fredtoast Wrote: C'mon guys, can't we have a thread about anything without turning it into a whinefest abut how much it sucks to make the playoffs?

I gotta agree with you. Making to the playoffs should be goal #1. After that, the goal is to keep playing.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 12:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Goff has struggled recently, like the last 3 games, seems teams have finally solved the Rams offense a bit.

You are correct, he looked average and at times pretty rattled last week. Mahomes has slowed down also and looks to be doing some dumb things lately, like throwing into crowds left handed. 
Reply/Quote
Im rooting for the Browns to make the playoffs, now that the Bengals are out of the picture.

However they play the Bengals this Sunday.

Conundrum.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
To quote Bob Dylan “It’s not dark yet ... but it’s getting there”
Reply/Quote
The Browns have almost no chance to make it. Their scenario involves a tie between the Titans and Colts next week. If the Titans or Ravens win on Saturday they’re eliminated before the Bengals game.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 11:42 AM)MentalRage Wrote: the dark ages are here and hue jackson is the bubonic plague

And Mike Brown is the Archbishop of Canterbury.  I have no idea if that makes any sense, and I'm not looking it up.
Reply/Quote
We have reached the point of no quick fix. This team could get dark ages bad in short order if Mike Brown continues to operate like Mike Brown operates.
Reply/Quote
We’re gonna get swept by the Browns, the Dark Ages truly are here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 12:26 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Goff has struggled recently, like the last 3 games, seems teams have finally solved the Rams offense a bit.

Goff's not all that... He plays on a great offense, with Whit having his back. He looked like utter trash the last I saw him against the Bears... The Bears defense is no joke, but still.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 01:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: And Mike Brown is the Archbishop of Canterbury.  I have no idea if that makes any sense, and I'm not looking it up.

Marvin Lewis is Dante.

This is fun.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2018, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 2007.  At 9-5 the Browns are in the thick of the playoff race.  Their next opponent is the 5-9 Bengals who have nothing to play for.

The Browns are led by their Pro Bowl QB, Derek Anderson, in just his second year in the league.  They have the #8 scoring offense in the league.  Their future looks much brighter than the Bengals whose '05 playoff appearance is looking like a fluke.  Despite playing at home the Bengals are a 3 point underdog.

Both QBs struggle on a windy December day, but Kenny Watson has a career high 130 rushing yards for the Bengals and safety Chinedum Ndukwe makes two crucial interceptions to seal a 19-14 Bengals win.

Browns are eliminated from the playoffs and have not had another winnning season since.  Meanwhile the Bengals have made the playoffs 6 more times since.

That was the 1 game I worked for Tenable Security just so I could get paid to watch a game. After the game, I bought a Bengals mini-helmet at the Pro Shop that I eventually had signed by AJ Green the day after he was drafted.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 01:18 PM)HuDey Wrote: We have reached the point of no quick fix. This team could get dark ages bad in short order if Mike Brown continues to operate like Mike Brown operates.

Yup

We're standing on the edge of the cliff with our toes hanging over and a heavy wind on our backs.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 01:18 PM)HuDey Wrote: We have reached the point of no quick fix. This team could get dark ages bad in short order if Mike Brown continues to operate like Mike Brown operates.

I would like to see us move Merv to DC and Hue to OC and hire a new HC. 

Release Burfict, Eifert, and DreK

Sign/Draft some quality O'line

Sign/Draft some quality LB's

Start there and see what happens.

Still some glass half full inside.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 02:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That was the 1 game I worked for Tenable Security just so I could get paid to watch a game. 

I attended that game with Joe from Florence  He had seats 2 rows from the field in the end zone.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 02:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I attended that game with Joe from Florence  He had seats 2 rows from the field in the end zone.

You and Joe from Flo went to a game? Interesting, because he was one of the more negative posters towards the end. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2018, 03:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You and Joe from Flo went to a game? Interesting, because he was one of the more negative posters towards the end. 

Our conflict went nuclear on another site.

Before that we disagreed about a lot of stuff, but I think he respected my opinions.
Reply/Quote

You complaining about people whining...well is whining.   Smirk
Reply/Quote