• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The last time we drafted an OT...
3rd overall it worked out pretty well.

[Image: DomRcVXX4AAgmqN.jpg]

Commence suck for Sewell. Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Was Andre Smith a 4th overall pick?

The real problem is, under this ownership our first round picks tend to spend their first year injured. So even if Burrow is back next year and we draft an OT, is that OT gonna be out like Billy Price, Jonah Williams, or Cedric Ogbuehi was for their rookie year?

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:51 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Was Andre Smith a 4th overall pick?

The real problem is, under this ownership our first round picks tend to spend their first year injured. So even if Burrow is back next year and we draft an OT, is that OT gonna be out like Billy Price, Jonah Williams, or Cedric Ogbuehi was for their rookie year?

Andre was 6th.

As far as our terrible luck with 1st rounders it’s actually far worse than I had even realized...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reply/Quote
If they don’t take Sewell they have no idea how to build a team.

2 generational talents just fall into your lap.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 05:51 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: Was Andre Smith a 4th overall pick?

Yeah, I mentioned yesterday that they need to draft Sewell, but then back that move up with a free agent due to our injury history.
Reply/Quote
We need to draft Sewell but guard is just as important. The quickest way to the quarterback is up the middle. Also we don’t just need lineman for pass blocking we need to get this running game going. We paid Mixion and we can’t have Burrow throwing the ball 50 times a game.
Reply/Quote
We can't afford to miss on the line again. I feel like people think this team hasn't tried to build a line. They have. Look back at just how many first round lineman we've taken in recent years. They just suck at it.

2019 Williams: looks okay so far, developing well

2018 Price: It may be too early to call him a bust as he may still develop but I think we can agree he wasn't worth a first round.

2015 Ogbuehi/Fisher round 2: Do I need to even go into this

And 2 or 3 (5 round) or later picks not worth mentioning.

And of course the team has taken some shots in free agency that haven't really workout either.

We've missed, a lot. We can't miss again.

I suppose the alternative view is that maybe these players could have had success but coaching and play calling has been so poor they never had a chance. Maybe the problem is at the top.

Not to necessarily defend the coaching but Burrow balled out against all odds. no matter how bad play was around him he made things happen and kept this team in most games this year. That tends to make me think the problem isn't just coaches and play calling but the players on the line really are just that bad.

There is plenty of blame to go around and I was heart broken like everyone else to see Burrow get hurt. That could have happened to any QB on any team regardless of how good or bad the line is or how often you run or pass. It just sucked but I hope it incentives the higher ups to take the line seriously and get some players out there that can protect Burrow.
Reply/Quote
"Burrow becomes the 13th of the last 14 #Bengals first-round picks to not play a full 16-game rookie season."

Sickening but not that surprising.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:30 PM)Destro Wrote: "Burrow becomes the 13th of the last 14 #Bengals first-round picks to not play a full 16-game rookie season."

Sickening but not that surprising.

Who is the player that did play all 16 games?
Gresham?
Zeitler?
Green?
Reply/Quote
I knew it was bad but 13 out of 14. How can any franchise succeed doing that ?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:34 PM)Mer Wrote: Who is the player that did play all 16 games?
Gresham?
Zeitler?
Green?

No idea. I was quoting Nicomo who posted a Jay Morrison tweet. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 02:34 PM)Mer Wrote: Who is the player that did play all 16 games?
Gresham?
Zeitler?
Green?

Zeitler

Gresham played 15 (started 10)
AJ played and started 15

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 03:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Zeitler

Gresham played 15 (started 10)
AJ played and started 15

Thank you