Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The last time we traded back in the 1st...
(01-05-2020, 12:44 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: While this doesn't really contribute to the thread, Deshaun Watson is a savage. Two Bills hit the shit out of him and he rolled away and made play when his team needed it. I'm a Dalton fan and will continue to be so after he's gone, but there's no way in hell he ever pulls something like that off. I'd love Watson to be our QB. That kid is only going to continue to get better and better.

I'm hoping that's something Burrow will be able to bring to the team. Dalton has had plenty of 4th Quarter game winning drives and has played the hero a few times. Every time we're in those situations, I can't lie and say I don't get nervous or worry about what mistake is about to happen. Guys like Watson just take over and get it done. You can see the confidence. You can see the determination. Hell, Josh Allen was pretty damn gritty yesterday as well. That's what I want our next franchise QB to have/to be.

Good post, Muskies. I completely agree. It’s not even that I want to continually knock Dalton, I just want to look to the future, and be excited about Burrow right now. Unfortunately there are some that feel the need to make that hard around here. A lot of the big Dalton guys are all on board with Burrow though. We don’t get much to look forward to as Bengals fans, but we should all encouraged about this kid. These young QB’s are having more success early than any other time I can remember since I’ve been watching the NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2020, 03:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Good post, Muskies. I completely agree. It’s not even that I want to continually knock Dalton, I just want to look to the future, and be excited about Burrow right now. Unfortunately there are some that feel the need to make that hard around here. A lot of the big Dalton guys are all on board with Burrow though. We don’t get much to look forward to as Bengals fans, but we should all encouraged about this kid. These young QB’s are having more success early than any other time I can remember since I’ve been watching the NFL.

I'm excited about Burrow as well. The game is ever evolving and you're right, these young QBs seem to come in more ready and start hitting their stride sooner than QBs used to.

My main concerns fall at the feet of The Family. If we trade or cut Dalton, that brings our available cap up to around $69.5m. I'll be honest and say I'm not sure if that includes Hopkins new cap hit or not. That's a lot of money to be able to help the team. While I want to re-sign some of our own, I don't want to give them undeserved contracts like Gio, Hart, or Webb. We should be able to pick up a couple of upgrades in free agency while keeping or own, paying for the draft, having an injury contingency, and everything else.

If they actually makes moves to improve the team and add Burrow, next year could be a lot better than the last couple.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2020, 02:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We missed out on our guy we really wanted in Frank Ragnow, and ended up with Billy Price. Who is honestly in the running with Ross and Ogbuehi and our biggest bust in recent memory. There is no guarantee trading back will work out.

It’s inconceivable to me that I’m still seeing people talking about trading the #1OA at this point. I’d maybe understand if we were set with a young franchise QB already, and there was no unanimous #1 pick, but it couldn’t have worked out any better for us to finally bottom out in a year with a stud QB prospect coming out.

Please stop overthinking it so much. There’s no reason to get cute. Just make obvious choice and draft Joe Burrow. Period.

/end rant

Some people might be trying to guess what MB will do.  Yes, a poster in here, who will remain unnamed, said it best, "Mike Brown might be dense but he's not stupid" assuring the draft of JB.

From what I've seen out of MB the last 29 years, I wouldn't bet the farm that they draft JB.  He 'probably' will, but stranger things have happened!
Reply/Quote
Im of the mind set everything is on the table.. I don;t see Burrow in the same light as Manning, I see him more in the light of Palmer as the 1st pick so with that said I would be open in trading back but only with Oakland.. I would be fine in taking a proven QB in Carr with both 1st round picks this year and a 2nd or 3rd rounder next year.

Carr is only 28 still young but has proven he can play at NFL level and we then would have 12th , 19th pick in 1st round to go with the 1st pick in 2nd round to start to fill the needed holes at LB, Oline, Wr...
Reply/Quote