Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The league has to do something about the RB position
Running backs are VITAL to an offense and in 2023 i believe they are drastically undervalued by NFL teams. Dalvin Cook just had 1000 yards rushing and 8 TDS, and is sitting in free agency.

Let’s imagine the league gave AF about the players and saw this as a problem like many fans do….

What creative ways would you suggest the league should compensate running backs fairly while they are in their prime. As of now teams run you into the dirt for 3-5 years then throw you away.

I’d suggest Running backs get better medical insurance after retirement, or I’d suggest possibly making 1st and 2nd round backs’ rookie pay scale larger to compensate for how fast they decline. Maybe even make it standard that running backs cannot be cut during their second contract. If i were a coach and i had a Barkley or a Christian Mac and Cheese type back I’d make sure i had a second back that saw half the snaps even if my main guy was on fire. Teams have to start preserving these backs. Guys like Zeke should not be sitting at home this close to camp because teams don’t want to pay them

Or…and this is a bit unrealistic but the league could also impose a snap limit on backs in their 1st 4 years to kind of protect them. Every snap you go over the limit you have to pay your running back bonus money.

Idk how feasible these suggestions are but i feel like SOMETHING has to be done. I mean look at the damn Giants. They are playing tiddlywinks with Barkely’s contract knowing damn well when they resign him they are about to run him like a race horse.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 07:42 PM)Housh Wrote: Running backs are VITAL to an offense and in 2023 i believe they are drastically undervalued by NFL teams. Dalvin Cook just had 1000 yards rushing and 8 TDS, and is sitting in free agency.

Let’s imagine the league gave AF about the players and saw this as a problem like many fans do….

What creative ways would you suggest the league should compensate running backs fairly while they are in their prime. As of now teams run you into the dirt for 3-5 years then throw you away.

I’d suggest Running backs get better medical insurance after retirement, or I’d suggest possibly making 1st and 2nd round backs’ rookie pay scale larger to compensate for how fast they decline. Maybe even make it standard that running backs cannot be cut during their second contract. If i were a coach and i had a Barkley or a Christian Mac and Cheese type back I’d make sure i had a second back that saw half the snaps even if my main guy was on fire. Teams have to start preserving these backs. Guys like Zeke should not be sitting at home this close to camp because teams don’t want to pay them

Or…and this is a bit unrealistic but the league could also impose a snap limit on backs in their 1st 4 years to kind of protect them. Every snap you go over the limit you have to pay your running back bonus money.

Idk how feasible these suggestions are but i feel like SOMETHING has to be done. I mean look at the damn Giants. They are playing tiddlywinks with Barkely’s contract knowing damn well when they resign him they are about to run him like a race horse.

no

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-14-2023, 08:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: no

No more locked doors, no to communism, no to drugs?

No to what? Didn’t really add much to the topic here.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
That’s just the evolution of the game.

You can’t play the game without kickers but nobody is clamoring to pay kickers WR money….

Hell, we all know long snappers are needed to win games but they aren’t getting paid either.

It’s the value of the position…..
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote