Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"The league will pay...."
https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/03/bengals-trayveon-williams-says-league-will-pay-after-being-drafted-in-sixth-round/
Well young man, let's hope so.....
Reply/Quote
I don't really see him getting much of an opportunity this year. Then, depending on IF we keep Bernard or not, his window could open next year.
Reply/Quote
Dude is a crazy talent and RB's get hurt all the time...

Definately the biggest steal in this Draft IMO.
Reply/Quote
Love the kid's enthusiasm but Johnny Manziel once claimed he was going to bring the league to its knees, and we all saw how that worked out. Don't know if Williams will ever be a star, but he has the talent to be a regular contributor if he puts in the work.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 09:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't really see him getting much of an opportunity this year. Then, depending on IF we keep Bernard or not, his window could open next year.

That's what I keep thinking also. My problem is, we almost have to keep 4 backs on the active list. We try to stash Anderson or Williams on the PS, they are sure to get swooped up. Can we afford to have 4 active backs?
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 11:18 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That's what I keep thinking also. My problem is, we almost have to keep 4 backs on the active list. We try to stash Anderson or Williams on the PS, they are sure to get swooped up. Can we afford to have 4 active backs?

yeah as long as they play some special teams.  (one will likely be deactivated on game days) 
Reply/Quote
Anderson could be ir’d or pupped depending on his rehab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Doesn't that mean he's mad at us too?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 12:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Doesn't that mean he's mad at us too?

When he gets positive yardage then he is making the League pay;  negative yardage and he is making the Bengals pay.

He can teach everyone a lesson that way...  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 11:18 AM)sandwedge Wrote: That's what I keep thinking also. My problem is, we almost have to keep 4 backs on the active list. We try to stash Anderson or Williams on the PS, they are sure to get swooped up. Can we afford to have 4 active backs?

It will come down to special teams most likely, but I think the answer is no.

It's hard to really evaluate backs. You see a lot of backs that rack up lots of yards in college get to the Pros and struggle.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 12:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Doesn't that mean he's mad at us too?

Maybe he's madder at us? We had more draft picks than most teams and passed on him more times.
Reply/Quote
The RB stable is crazily loaded after this draft.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Wow, I sincerely hope that he does something impressive. Right now, he just looks like a rookie with a big mouth.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He'll return kicks mostly starting out in guessing
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 02:10 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The RB stable is crazily loaded after this draft.

It's probably the best position group on the team, right? I sure think so.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 02:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Wow, I sincerely hope that he does something impressive.  Right now, he just looks like a rookie with a big mouth.

If Anderson can stay healthy Williams might be trying to make the rest of the NFL pay while he's on the PS.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 06:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If Anderson can stay healthy Williams might be trying to make the rest of the NFL pay while he's on the PS.

If Anderson breaks out, and takes a couple to the house, can we dub him "Hot Rod Anderson"?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 06:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If Anderson breaks out, and takes a couple to the house, can we dub him "Hot Rod Anderson"?

Lightning Rod

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2019, 06:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Lightning Rod

Yep, even better.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Or we could call him Rodney King. Ninja