Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's now their time
(03-30-2017, 08:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I have zero idea why they didn't send Hunt there.... his whole problem was in his head as far as not being aggressive enough...

His whole problem is that he's not a football player and he was ridiculously and stupidly over drafted.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 02:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wanted Westerman in too, but I was simply speculating from the Bengals' perspective. I've never been a fan of TJ Johnson and IMO if he hasn't become a starter by now, he likely never will (or at least should). By the time of the Ravens game, it essentially became a tryout rather than a normal game. The team was already out of the playoffs and everyone was essentially checked out. Give your upcoming FAs a chance to get some regular game tape out there rather than just preseason tape.

I guess i somewhat understand that and TJ did play well at Guard, which is why they re-signed him i am sure.

The Ravens are not a bad front either, which is why i actually liked re-signing him.

(03-29-2017, 04:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....that's a lifeline, for sure.  Hope he can turn the corner, we need him to.

He is our biggest question mark, if Og plays well, we are sitting much better than presumed.

(03-29-2017, 06:37 PM)Housh Wrote: While it is very impressive a lineman can outrun a professional WR

Those aren't the types of accolades I find impressive.

Me either, the thing that made me have some hope was the want though. Lapham said last year he didn't have
that when he was getting beat, the want to not get beat. This seems like a very pleasant change. Dude can have
all the talent in the world but if he doesn't want to be great he won't be.

(03-29-2017, 06:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd rather see him working out with LeCharles Bentley or Wille Anderson.  Athleticism isn't his weakness, technique and strength is.

For sure, this helps with strength though too.

(03-29-2017, 07:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's just hope that he can use that athleticism to keep his body in front of RDE or OLB that will be coming hard at him, and get to the second level in run blocking.

Agreed as usual.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2017, 06:59 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'd rather see him working out with LeCharles Bentley or Wille Anderson.  Athleticism isn't his weakness, technique and strength is.

Willie has requested the Bengals to bring him in and let him work with Ced. I don't know why it isn't happening.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 04:05 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Willie has requested the Bengals to bring him in and let him work with Ced. I don't know why it isn't happening.

Better, damn, should jump at that shit.

If he wants pay him and let him be the new O-line coach, or bring him in slowly.

I know people will say that great players don't always make good coaches but honestly i would risk it.

Willie ain't no fool.
Reply/Quote