Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The lineup
Ok first off let me state I can't complain to much, haha, we're in first place and I would have lost a lot of money betting against that. But....

I wish Bell would settle down with the lineup a bit. It seems to me he just changes it up for changes sake sometimes? I hate to bash on India, I think he's a good player and has been a bright spot for some time now, leader, blah blah, however....

I agree with LL he needs to be out of 3rd in the lineup, at least for now. Over the last 15 games he's batting .172 with an OBP of .269 Flat out we need better production there. Why not try something like this?

1. Friedl L .304 avg .380 OBP 16 SB

2. McClain R .300 avg .366 OBP 7 SB he needs to work on his reading pitchers and stealing. He's got the speed Is it a Charles Barkley golf swing thing?

3. Steer R .277 keep in mind he has like 100 more at bats than some of these other guys. .367 OBP .844 OPS

4. DLC S - nuff said

5. Benson L .291 avg the guy has been on fire let him burn .385 OBP .877 OPS and he's got some speed as well

6. India R perhaps with less pressure he can find his mojo again?

7. Votto L DH he's been on fire hope he keeps burning but lets face it he's slow

8. Stephenson R .254 avg he's had some games lately though

9. Platoon Fraley vs RHP Senzel vs LHP like crazy dawg said

And I get it they can't play every game like this but try and keep guys doing same thing instead of jumping around all over the map.

Mini rant off
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm trying to figure out where CES' right handed bat fits into this line up this year and...I dunno if it does.

I guess you could platoon him and Votto at DH? But that's not great because RHPs are more common than LHPs when it comes to starters. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I believe it's something like 1 LHP for every 2 RHP (33% LHP) if not slightly lower.

So are we calling up CES to take ABs once every 3 days? Doesn't seem ideal to me.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if CES is just going to be a September call up once the rosters expand and the Minor leagues season ends.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 02:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm trying to figure out where CES' right handed bat fits into this line up this year and...I dunno if it does.

I guess you could platoon him and Votto at DH? But that's not great because RHPs are more common than LHPs when it comes to starters. I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I believe it's something like 1 LHP for every 2 RHP (33% LHP) if not slightly lower.

So are we calling up CES to take ABs once every 3 days? Doesn't seem ideal to me.

The more I think about it, the more I wonder if CES is just going to be a September call up once the rosters expand and the Minor leagues season ends.
Right I'm not sure where CES goes now ? I mean before Benson caught fire I figured that would be the spot. But it's a little crazy to bench Benson right now.
Reply/Quote
(07-10-2023, 02:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right I'm not sure where CES goes now ? I mean before Benson caught fire I figured that would be the spot. But it's a little crazy to bench Benson right now.

It's a shame, because he deserves to be called up. But the last thing I want to do is Barrero him (I.E. call him up, but then sit him on a bench for most of the time he's up). That can hinder a player's development if you're taking them out of sync with a day to day schedule just so they can pinch hit and platoon every once in a while.

But next year, I think Votto is likely bought out and CES will take the 1B/DH spot full time right out of Spring Training.

It makes me very sad that I'm currently planning the end of Votto's career with the Reds, but it's the only real opening I see right now Sad
Reply/Quote
I don't think CES is on the Reds 40 man which makes him a tougher call up. Someone would have to be moved off that 40 man to move CES up. In Sept, I don't think that matters though.
Reply/Quote
Ok, so we need to win this Brewers series badly!!

Lets shake things up a little and see if we can get to their pitching that's owned us.

1. Friedl CF L the guy has a .360 OBP and just causes chaos
2. Benson LF L he's faster than you think and can steal bases he has a .911 OPS. Quit burying him at bottom of lineup
3. McClain SS R he's been on fire of late batting .423 over last 7 games and .305 on the year. Put him in the best hitter spot
4. DLC 3B S let's put him back to clean up and see if he can get it going again
5. CES 1B R the guy's missed like 5 HR's by a few feet and damn near every ball he hits is mashed.
6. Fraley RF L he's one of the unsung heroes this season
7. India 2B R he actually does better vs. RHP and Rea is one
8. Steer DH R I hate to have him down this far but I still want his bat in there.
9. Stephenson C R I know 3 righties in a row but I want the speed and hitting together as much as possible.

I just don't wanna hang goose eggs on scoreboard again vs. these goobers
Reply/Quote