Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The loneliest week of the year
It's come at a good time so Rey can heal and Burfict can finish healing too but no Bengals game this week makes me a sad panda. Can't even play DK this week since they outlawed DFS in NV. Guess I'll be heading to the pumpkin patch with the little guy and finding a pumpkin. Sigh.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
It's good that the bye week this year comes a little later in the season. Last year it came after week three and messed the Bengals up.
Reply/Quote
Heck yes this will be boring.

Too cold for the beach.
Reply/Quote
I disagree. For me the loneliest week of the year is the week after the wildcard round, when during the past four years anyway, we've had no next week to prepare for. But, I digress.

Yeah, it's better that the bye is coming later this season, but I would have liked it a couple of weeks later. We've got great momentum going, and I just hope we don't lose it over the bye.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'll just be watching other teams, football is football after all...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My birthday ..nothing has ever happened on my birthday in the history of the world except the stuff that happened on my birthday. Weird how that works.
I quit celebrating it since I no longer get to go backwards.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 06:59 PM)WestCoastBengalsFan Wrote: It's come at a good time so Rey can heal and Burfict can finish healing too but no Bengals game this week makes me a sad panda. Can't even play DK this week since they outlawed DFS in NV. Guess I'll be heading to the pumpkin patch with the little guy and finding a pumpkin. Sigh.

Get used to it.
Bengals should get another bye week in January!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
Its going to suck this week for sure.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2015, 10:24 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Get used to it.
Bengals should get another bye week in January!

Yep

Bye week, 10 game stretch, Bye week, 3 game stretch.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I wish I cared about baseball, but no.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 08:48 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wish I cared about baseball, but no.

I used to love baseball. then, the strike. never could get into after that.

Reply/Quote
Best time for the bye for me....a weekend long swim meet and a soccer tourney. I would have been following it on my phone anyway (and DVR for later). This way, I will simply be rooting for my second favorite team. The KC Chiefs. This "second favorite team" changes every week....
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2015, 09:10 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I used to love baseball. then, the strike. never could get into after that.

Watched when Larkin played, starting to wane when Griffey joined and didn't take them anywhere, lol.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I kinda like the bye week. Watch football all day and night without all the tenseness. Now my favorite game every week is the 4:00 game after a 1:00 victory. Just nice and relaxed watching football with a W already in the bag.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
It's too bad that the NFL.com "spoiler alert" column didn't predict the Bengals would lose again this week. We'd be 7-0 already.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Loneliest week of the year? I thought that was the week after wildcard weekend. Ninja

But yeah, if it weren't for fantasy football, I would be seriously bored with football this week. It's coming at a good time though. Couple players (Hall, Jones, MJ) are a little banged up, Hill needs some time to fix whatever is wrong with him, and it's happening before Burfict is back, not after, so it's one less game he'll miss, which is nice.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
After the craziness of college football yesterday, especially my team's game, a break is nice.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote