Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The middle 8 minutes - The Bengals are good.
Bill Belichick built his team around the middle 8 minutes of the game, the final 4 minutes of the first half and the first 4
minutes of the 2nd half. If you can score right before the half and get the ball back in the 2nd you can flip a game in your
direction and keep the opposing Offense off the field and no matter who they are it will be tough on them.

We have excelled in this part of the game this year and hope this continues. If so, we will win a lot of games and not only
in the regular season. We are 3rd in the NFL this season with 34 points in the final 2 minutes of first halves. I know this is
kind of going off of Tony's thread he had but I didn't see it on the front page and wanted this to not go unnoticed.
Reply/Quote
I would have thought they were first in that category, but I reckon not.. Who are the two ahead of us?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 04:28 PM)grampahol Wrote: I would have thought they were first in that category, but I reckon not.. Who are the two ahead of us?

I don't know right off the top of my head, I just know we are 3rd right now according to NFL.com. I bet the Bills and Cowboys
are right there along with the Packers, Rams and Cards. Our one game we didn't score in the middle 8 minutes was the Bears 
game where we lost barely only because of 3 straight picks by Burrow. Other than that though Burrow has been about the best 
this year in the 2 minute drills.

Zac Taylor actually might know what he is doing along with Brian Callahan who I think might be calling plays and we just don't
know about it definitively. This team is looking more and more like the Patriots of old, we just have Joe here instead of Tom.

But I think Taylor really studied up what Belichick was doing with the Patriots this offseason and it is starting to show.

Had to give some praise to the Offense as I have been praising the D a lot. Cool
Reply/Quote
We have also been winning coin tosses all the time which helps, I think the only we haven't won this season was the
Ravens game. Win the coin toss and defer is the way to go.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 07:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: We have also been winning coin tosses all the time which helps, I think the only we haven't won this season was the
Ravens game. Win the coin toss and defer is the way to go.

I agree. Having the ball at the start of the 2nd half is a great call.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2021, 08:06 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. Having the ball at the start of the 2nd half is a great call.

No doubt. It really isn't how you start it is how you finish but I still would like to start faster lol
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2021, 03:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt. It really isn't how you start it is how you finish but I still would like to start faster lol

Me too. We have had slow starts this season. I mean, we are winning games and all but sure would love seeing them getting it done much earlier. Although, in the past, how many times have we seen the Bengals jump out to a comfortable lead early then lose the game because they started playing prevent and let their guard down? Oh shit, who am I kidding. Thems Marvin’s Bengals that did that.

Reply/Quote
Coin Toss Super Bowl!!!
Reply/Quote