Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The moment that turned the tide
I have minimal computer skills, and you have to actually click the links to see the video (sorry, I am old, and while I am at it, get off my lawn!).

Seriously, since this moment, the Bengals are 7-3.

This season, they have not given up 25 points to a single opponent.

The defense, is top 5 in the NFL.

The offense, is just starting to scratch the surface of what they can be.

Here are the video links to the "Hit that turned the tide".

https://twitter.com/i/status/1341393355910115332

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA104-niomk&ab_channel=HighlightYard
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I feel like this was the moment on the field, the actual moment was when they sent Dunlap's sour ass packing.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I know the Bengals still ended up winning but...
THAT WAS A FUMBLE and should have been Bengals' ball!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have minimal computer skills, and you have to actually click the links to see the video (sorry, I am old, and while I am at it, get off my lawn!).

Seriously, since this moment, the Bengals are 7-3.  

This season, they have not given up 25 points to a single opponent.

The defense, is top 5 in the NFL.

The offense, is just starting to scratch the surface of what they can be.

Here are the video links to the "Hit that turned the tide".

https://twitter.com/i/status/1341393355910115332

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA104-niomk&ab_channel=HighlightYard

Yessir, that is the moment Vonn Bell said, "This is my defense and we are here to hit....Embrace the Violence"
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:13 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I know the Bengals still ended up winning but...
THAT WAS A FUMBLE and should have been Bengals' ball!

I'm pretty sure that's how they ruled it after the challenge.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: I feel like this was the moment on the field, the actual moment was when they sent Dunlap's sour ass packing.

I hope he's sitting his sour ass up in Seattle watching our games and saying to himself "Oh, that's what Lou meant by contain."
Reply/Quote
Nice post OP, but I did open it expecting to see this:

[Image: usa_today_15987253.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:27 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm pretty sure that's how they ruled it after the challenge.

I don't think so... but I could be wrong.  My memory isn't THAT good.

EDIT: YOU ARE CORRECT! GOOD CALL.

3rd & 7 at PIT 48
(0:55 - 1st) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short right to J.Smith-Schuster (V.Bell). Cincinnati challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass short right to J.Smith-Schuster to PIT 48 for no gain (V.Bell). FUMBLES (V.Bell), RECOVERED by CIN-J.Evans at PIT 38.
Reply/Quote
The moment Marv Lewis stepped down.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: I feel like this was the moment on the field, the actual moment was when they sent Dunlap's sour ass packing.

Good point.  And for everyone wanting the Miami CB, remember how he got Boyd ejected after punching him? Sure, he is a talented player, but I want guys that fit the culture.  It feels odd to say this, but I have confidence in the Bengals to put together the best roster.

Dunlap was one guy, but his negativity was excessive.  Instead of handling a demotion as an opportunity to show his value and earn the spot back, he whined and had a potato chip-eating zoom meeting.  

I think the departure of Green, Dunlap, Atkins, WJIII, and a few others signaled a total change of the personnel to "his guys" that weren't still "Marvin guys" and he was able to build a very competitive and unique culture.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good point.  And for everyone wanting the Miami CB, remember how he got Boyd ejected after punching him? Sure, he is a talented player, but I want guys that fit the culture.  It feels odd to say this, but I have confidence in the Bengals to put together the best roster.

Dunlap was one guy, but his negativity was excessive.  Instead of handling a demotion as an opportunity to show his value and earn the spot back, he whined and had a potato chip-eating zoom meeting.  

I think the departure of Green, Dunlap, Atkins, WJIII, and a few others signaled a total change of the personnel to "his guys" that weren't still "Marvin guys" and he was able to build a very competitive and unique culture.  

Chase Young had 7.5 sacks all last season. Trey Hendrickson has 6.5 already this season. I mean, you could go down just about every roster position, and outside of maybe some guards and center (only because I think Hop is still recovering), there aren't many players starting here who I would be eager to replace.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:38 AM)Interceptor Wrote: The moment Marv Lewis stepped down.

It's your profile, and you can do what you want, but isn't it time to get rid of that obnoxious signature graphic?
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:37 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I don't think so... but I could be wrong.  My memory isn't THAT good.

EDIT: YOU ARE CORRECT!  GOOD CALL.

3rd & 7 at PIT 48
(0:55 - 1st) (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short right to J.Smith-Schuster (V.Bell). Cincinnati challenged the incomplete pass ruling, and the play was REVERSED. (Shotgun) B.Roethlisberger pass short right to J.Smith-Schuster to PIT 48 for no gain (V.Bell). FUMBLES (V.Bell), RECOVERED by CIN-J.Evans at PIT 38.

Glad to hear it! I thought I remembered it being a turnover because, even with a great hit, forcing an incompletion doesn't usually go down as such an iconic play haha. 

(10-25-2021, 09:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good point.  And for everyone wanting the Miami CB, remember how he got Boyd ejected after punching him? Sure, he is a talented player, but I want guys that fit the culture.  It feels odd to say this, but I have confidence in the Bengals to put together the best roster.

I think Dunlap and WJIII were actively toxic players for this regime. I'm glad they're both gone and I'm also kind of glad they both suck now haha.

I miss Green and Atkins though. They never betrayed the team like the above 2 did and, while I do think Green was just kind of over his time in Cincinnati, I don't think he ever let it affect the franchise negatively. Same with Atkins. He seemed like a stand up guy all the way through, unfortunately injuries just caught up to him.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:26 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Glad to hear it! I thought I remembered it being a turnover because, even with a great hit, forcing an incompletion doesn't usually go down as such an iconic play haha. 

I think Dunlap and WJIII were actively toxic players for this regime. I'm glad they're both gone and I'm also kind of glad they both suck now haha.

I miss Green and Atkins though. They never betrayed the team like the above 2 did and, while I do think Green was just kind of over his time in Cincinnati, I don't think he ever let it affect the franchise negatively. Same with Atkins. He seemed like a stand up guy all the way through, unfortunately injuries just caught up to him.

I tend to think AJ layed down last year, but maybe he was just still hurt. As for Atkins, I will never say a bad thing about that man, he played injured all last year and took a lot of criticism when we desperately needed Defensive Tackles. I can't wait to see his name in the ROH and HOF.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:34 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nice post OP, but I did open it expecting to see this:

[Image: usa_today_15987253.jpg]

What'd he say that night? I'ma break every record they have there? He wasn't bullshittin'...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dunlap was one guy, but his negativity was excessive.  Instead of handling a demotion as an opportunity to show his value and earn the spot back, he whined and had a potato chip-eating zoom meeting.  

The coaches wanted Dunlap gone after the 2019 season.  He was never given a fair chance.  He was outplaying the guys they sat him behind.

Darius Phillips called out the defensive coaches.  Shawn Williams called out the defensive coaches. Former Bengals like Adam Jones called out the defensive coaches. Even Jesse Bates said there were communication problems with the defensive coaches.  Our defense sucked the last two years. I have no idea why so many people turned on Dunlap in favor of coaches who were doing a terrible job.

Marvin Lewsi and Mike Zimmer would havw won multiple Super Bowls if they had been given HALF of the free agent talent the Bengals have bought for Lou.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hope he's sitting his sour ass up in Seattle watching our games and saying to himself "Oh, that's what Lou meant by contain."

Pretty much. 

Reply/Quote

Green played like crap, poor Geno was legit hurt.... he's a pro's pro. He is still at home, so that was the real deal. Dunlap just didn't wanna do the dirty work, he wanted stats it seems. We see how this defense works when the players are willing to sacrifice personal accolades for the betterment of the unit. 

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:31 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I tend to think AJ layed down last year, but maybe he was just still hurt. As for Atkins, I will never say a bad thing about that man, he played injured all last year and took a lot of criticism when we desperately needed Defensive Tackles. I can't wait to see his name in the ROH and HOF.

Yes, Geno was a consummate professional his entire time playing. I wish he could heal enough to get a shot somewhere.....even back here as a rotational piece.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:30 AM)Wyche Wrote:  Dunlap just didn't wanna do the dirty work, he wanted stats it seems. We see how this defense works when the players are willing to sacrifice personal accolades for the betterment of the unit. 

Dunlap was a consumate professional and produced at a very high level for two different head coaches that have long winning careers in the NFL.

Wonder why our defense sucked last year when everyone was "willing to sacrifice personal accolades for the betterment of the unit".

Dunlap did not care about personal stats.  He just wanted to win.
Reply/Quote