Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The moment that turned the tide
(10-25-2021, 11:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, Geno was a consummate professional his entire time playing. I wish he could heal enough to get a shot somewhere.....even back here as a rotational piece.

Geno will probably never play in the NFL again.  If he does it certainly won't be here.  He was one of the best 3T DTs in the league throughout his career then last year our genius defensive coaches decided to move him to a new position head up over the Center.
Reply/Quote
The night in 1996 when Daddy Burrow and Mommy Burrow got freaky and made a baby.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap was a consumate professional and produced at a very high level for two different head coaches that have long winning careers in the NFL.

Wonder why our defense sucked last year when everyone was "willing to sacrifice personal accolades for the betterment of the unit".

Dunlap did not care about personal stats.  He just wanted to win.
Disagree with this whole post. Nothing professional about getting in a coach's face on the sideline, posting the line up on twitter and acting like a child. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It's your profile, and you can do what you want, but isn't it time to get rid of that obnoxious signature graphic?

Oh, I forgot I had sigs set to not see. I guess I will toss it because it is a new chapter with a new everything. Thanks for reminding me.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:53 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Disagree with this whole post. Nothing professional about getting in a coach's face on the sideline, posting the line up on twitter and acting like a child. 

Like I said, he had no problem with two head coaches with long winning careers.

Only had a problem with one of the losingest staffs in league history that were not treating him fairly.

I'd do whatever I had to to get out of a situation like that also.  I don't respect incompetence.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:48 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunlap was a consumate professional and produced at a very high level for two different head coaches that have long winning careers in the NFL.

Wonder why our defense sucked last year when everyone was "willing to sacrifice personal accolades for the betterment of the unit".

Dunlap did not care about personal stats.  He just wanted to win.

I'm just going off what was reported. He was quoted as saying he didn't understand what they were doing, and then there more than a few instances of him just mailing it in on the field....which is what ultimately got him benched. As it looks now, the inside eats up blocks, and the ends play a lot of contain, and they use sure tackling corners to make tackles outside and they free up the backers. Hendrickson and Hubbard (and Lawson to an extent) have/had no issues producing in this scheme. Either Los had age catch up with him, or he just didn't want to play here anymore. Either way, it's looking better here, and a tad gloomier than usual in Seattle. I appreciate Carlos for all he did here, but that last bit was bush league. That said, I won't dwell on the negative, and appreciate the good memories. However, I'm not gonna just overlook that.

(10-25-2021, 11:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Geno will probably never play in the NFL again.  If he does it certainly won't be here.  He was one of the best 3T DTs in the league throughout his career then last year our genius defensive coaches decided to move him to a new position head up over the Center.

We were razor thin at DT.... without him playing hurt all year, I'm not sure we had enough to even field a Dline. Geno may be finished, but he soldiered through it until he couldn't last year. Reader and Ogunjobi look good out there this year though, and we've got a top 5 unit so far. How stupid are these guys? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like I said, he had no problem with two head coaches with long winning careers.

Only had a problem with one of the losingest staffs in league history that were not treating him fairly.

I'd do whatever I had to to get out of a situation like that also.  I don't respect incompetence.

I would agree with you if I thought he was doing his job. I think he chose when he should put in the effort.  Just my opinion from watching his lack of effort on the field.
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA104-niomk&ab_channel=HighlightYard

Man, I could watch this, forever!
The moment that said - "we will be your doormats and punching bags... NO MORE!"
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have minimal computer skills, and you have to actually click the links to see the video (sorry, I am old, and while I am at it, get off my lawn!).

Seriously, since this moment, the Bengals are 7-3.  

This season, they have not given up 25 points to a single opponent.

The defense, is top 5 in the NFL.

The offense, is just starting to scratch the surface of what they can be.

Here are the video links to the "Hit that turned the tide".

https://twitter.com/i/status/1341393355910115332

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA104-niomk&ab_channel=HighlightYard

Woof. Every time I watch that hit I get chills. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:41 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The night in 1996 when Daddy Burrow and Mommy Burrow got freaky and made a baby.

LMAO!!! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The coaches wanted Dunlap gone after the 2019 season.  He was never given a fair chance.  He was outplaying the guys they sat him behind.

Darius Phillips called out the defensive coaches.  Shawn Williams called out the defensive coaches. Former Bengals like Adam Jones called out the defensive coaches. Even Jesse Bates said there were communication problems with the defensive coaches.  Our defense sucked the last two years. I have no idea why so many people turned on Dunlap in favor of coaches who were doing a terrible job.

Marvin Lewsi and Mike Zimmer would havw won multiple Super Bowls if they had been given HALF of the free agent talent the Bengals have bought for Lou.

Here's why I "turned on him".  His play was selfish, lazy, and not what his coached asked him to do.  He was still being paid over $10 million per season.  I criticized his poor play, and his lack of assignment-sound football.  Something a veteran should know.  And then he acted like a child having a zoom call/ pressor where he sat there and ate potato chips.  THAT is why I turned on him.  

Oh, and it looks like we supported the right people because they got BETTER without him.  

Your statement about Lewis and Zimmer is just plain dumb.  They had been spending the same amount of cap money, but spent it on their own because they had drafted better.  
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Like I said, he had no problem with two head coaches with long winning careers.

And yet here Hendrickson and Hubbard are flourishing under the incompetent because they play within the system as it is designed. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:32 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Oh, I forgot I had sigs set to not see. I guess I will toss it because it is a new chapter with a new everything. Thanks for reminding me.

Well done, sir.  Thank you!   Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 04:50 PM)Tomkat Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA104-niomk&ab_channel=HighlightYard

Man, I could watch this, forever!
The moment that said - "we will be your doormats and punching bags... NO MORE!"

I don't like JuJu any more than the rest of us, but I can't lie.... It's impressive that that hit didn't even phase him. I'd be on the ground to this day from that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm just going off what was reported. He was quoted as saying he didn't understand what they were doing, and then there more than a few instances of him just mailing it in on the field....which is what ultimately got him benched. As it looks now, the inside eats up blocks, and the ends play a lot of contain, and they use sure tackling corners to make tackles outside and they free up the backers. Hendrickson and Hubbard (and Lawson to an extent) have/had no issues producing in this scheme. Either Los had age catch up with him, or he just didn't want to play here anymore. Either way, it's looking better here, and a tad gloomier than usual in Seattle. I appreciate Carlos for all he did here, but that last bit was bush league. That said, I won't dwell on the negative, and appreciate the good memories. However, I'm not gonna just overlook that.

Dunlap didn't want to play contain, he just wanted to do what he wanted to do and that was pad his personal sack total. When he was asked to contain his running lanes, he checked out. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:01 PM)jason Wrote: I don't like JuJu any more than the rest of us, but I can't lie.... It's impressive that that hit didn't even phase him. I'd be on the ground to this day from that.

Oh, I'd say it "phased" him just a bit!
Here he is just a few moments after the hit, with his helmet off...
He definitely felt it.

[Image: ArAU0JQ.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That moment is for mature audiences only.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 09:17 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Oh, I'd say it "phased" him just a bit!
Here he is just a few moments after the hit, with his helmet off...
He definitely felt it.

[Image: ArAU0JQ.jpg]

I'd still be makin' that face on the ground to this day too. I was just impressed that he bounced right back up because he got de-cleated... Maybe it was the same as a boxer trying to convince himself he's fine after being dropped.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:55 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Here's why I "turned on him".  His play was selfish, lazy, and not what his coached asked him to do.  He was still being paid over $10 million per season.  I criticized his poor play, and his lack of assignment-sound football.  Something a veteran should know.  And then he acted like a child having a zoom call/ pressor where he sat there and ate potato chips.  THAT is why I turned on him.  

Oh, and it looks like we supported the right people because they got BETTER without him.  

Your statement about Lewis and Zimmer is just plain dumb.  They had been spending the same amount of cap money, but spent it on their own because they had drafted better.  

Agree on Dunlap and I always liked him before. His over pursuit single handedly hurt the entire team.

Not even to mention him acting like a child and being selfish. 

Happy we have Ends here now that know how to contain. This is why we have a good Defense up front. We seal the edge.

Was a beautiful job we did against the Ravens yesterday, just beautiful.
Reply/Quote
This is my favorite version of the Juju hit

https://www.reddit.com/r/bengals/comments/ki3yz6/juju_on_that_beat/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=mweb

Reply/Quote