Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most fun scenario that can play out on Sunday assuming Chiefs win on Saturday
We rest all of our starters and our BACKUPS go out and beat the Browns anyway. Imagine the fun on the sidelines if the 2nd string goes and balls out on the Browns. The locker room hype would be real too.

Also, in defense of resting starters: Winning franchises are deep. The way you get deep is by properly evaluating and getting real game experience for your #2s and 3s. Pre-season and practice can only tell you so much. Real game experience is invaluable. Also, sometimes you see a guy in a real game and realize he's not up to the standard and cut him (also a win for overall depth).

The main upside is to let our starters bumps and bruises heal and come out FIRING vs whoever we got in the WC game. Anyone who is worried about us coming out 'flat' hasn't paid attention to the leadership on this team. They are DOGS they are gonna be fired up im not worried in the slightest bit about that.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 06:21 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: We rest all of our starters and our BACKUPS go out and beat the Browns anyway. Imagine the fun on the sidelines if the 2nd string goes and balls out on the Browns. The locker room hype would be real too.

Also, in defense of resting starters: Winning franchises are deep. The way you get deep is by properly evaluating and getting real game experience for your #2s and 3s. Pre-season and practice can only tell you so much. Real game experience is invaluable. Also, sometimes you see a guy in a real game and realize he's not up to the standard and cut him (also a win for overall depth).

The main upside is to let our starters bumps and bruises heal and come out FIRING vs whoever we got in the WC game. Anyone who is worried about us coming out 'flat' hasn't paid attention to the leadership on this team. They are DOGS they are gonna be fired up im not worried in the slightest bit about that.
Reply/Quote
To be honest I want the 4 seed. Don’t want to have to play KC in KC for the second round. Put that off for as long as possible so that the chargers can beat them
Reply/Quote
Started playing their best ball after the bye week.

Going into bye week many fans were throwing in the towel already but team came out balling after a weeks rest.

Many will point to years ago resting players did not work but have seen them play them the last week and that did not work either.

Whatever the coaches and team decide about playing or sitting is fine with me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 06:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Started playing their best ball after the bye week.

Going into bye week many fans were throwing in the towel already but team came out balling after a weeks rest.

Many will point to years ago resting players did not work but have seen them play them the last week and that did not work either.

Whatever the coaches and team decide about playing or sitting is fine with me.

Honestly the idea of Miles Garrett and Clowney going up against Isiah Prince and hitting Burrow and Mixon in a damn near meaningless game just scares me.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 06:21 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: We rest all of our starters and our BACKUPS go out and beat the Browns anyway. Imagine the fun on the sidelines if the 2nd string goes and balls out on the Browns. The locker room hype would be real too.

It will definitely help for some of these backups getting some playing time.
An injury in the postseason is always possible, so you want your backups to be adequately prepared to fill in and not have a big drop off in performance.

I REALLY hope the Bengals end up playing the Raiders or Chargers.
We know the Bengals can beat the Raiders and I think the Bengals would perform better against the Chargers in mid-Jan than they did on Dec 5.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:03 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Honestly the idea of Miles Garrett and Clowney going up against Isiah Prince and hitting Burrow and Mixon in a damn near meaningless game just scares me.

I think the Browns will struggle scoring.
If the Bengals can get up a couple scores, pull the starters at that point or just really focus on running the ball to reduce the chance Burrow gets hurt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote