Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most impressive thing about Burrow vs KC
(01-03-2022, 02:04 PM)jason Wrote: That Fenton clown too...

Yep, Chase made him pay for mocking his dance step.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:18 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I thought much like you. When Ja'Marr stole their lunch and made it 14-7, I thought alright, at least we'll not get embarrassed. I didn't think we'd ever stop them though, let alone only give up 3 in the 2nd half. It might *seem* like a lie, but when we pulled within four, I thought uh oh KC.... you're about to get shocked. This team NEVER quits.

This team never folds. They believe in themselves.

(01-03-2022, 02:21 PM)Stewy Wrote: I don't even come here till after the games.

As mods I know you don't have much choice, but the gameday thread is the worst of us.  But that's to be expected i guess of any fanbase.  Fan=fanatic afterall.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't even have a game day thread.

I think they're pointless. So many posts are made, and the majority of them amount to "woo-hoo!" or "that one guy SUCKS". People don't leave their arguments and resentment at the door, either.

That said, I get that there's a big demand for GameDay threads.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

How good would he be if he wasn’t a one year wonder with tiny hands??

Kidding - that’s actually surprising. He’s been great but I would’ve thought Manning or Brees or Rodgers would have done that before.
He is playing at an elite level right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: KC in the previous 8 games:
Pass YPG: 225.5
Yards per pass: 6.0
TD to INT: 10/10
Pass rating: 77.7
40 yard TDs: 0

Joe Burrow vs KC:
Pass yards: 446
Yards per pass: 11.4
TD to INT: 4/0
Pass rating: 148.0
40 yard TDs: 2

Good grief. The KC defense was playing at an elite level, and Burrow just shat on them. The yardage, YPA and pass rating are pretty much double what they'd been allowing. Most impressive is that KC hadn't allowed a single 40+ completion, and we did it twice.
Shocked
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:04 PM)jason Wrote: That Fenton clown too...

Not sure on their names but I'd like to thank whoever 35 was.  He did Chase's signature griddy dance after knocking a ball away from him.  After that Chase had no mercy 

Oh crap...just saw Sunset already said the same thing
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:22 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Not sure on their names but I'd like to thank whoever 35 was.  He did Chase's signature griddy dance after knocking a ball away from him.  After that Chase had no mercy 

Fenton was the guy who kept clapping after he was flagged for PI, holding, or illegal contact. It seemed to me they were getting away with it a lot yesterday, but I guess they're the ones whining about the officiating. That crew was rather suspect a few times yesterday.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This team never folds. They believe in themselves.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't even have a game day thread.

I think they're pointless. So many posts are made, and the majority of them amount to "woo-hoo!" or "that one guy SUCKS". People don't leave their arguments and resentment at the door, either.

That said, I get that there's a big demand for GameDay threads.

It feels like it would be distracting as hell to post in that thread. Even texting back and forth with a coupla friends outta town can be too much for me. I put my phone in my bedroom toward the end of the game yesterday.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: KC in the previous 8 games:

Joe Burrow vs KC:

Good grief. The KC defense was playing at an elite level, and Burrow just shat on them. The yardage, YPA and pass rating are pretty much double what they'd been allowing. Most impressive is that KC hadn't allowed a single 40+ completion, and we did it twice.
All while playing behind a not so good OL.Carman has to go in for Spain at LG.We were playing without our starting RT.
Reply/Quote
Even though Burrow had 466 yds.as opposed to 525 against the Ravens,this win was more impressive because of the defense he was facing.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If it was up to me, I wouldn't even have a game day thread.

At this point, that wouldn't bother me one friggin' bit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Here's how my thoughts evolved during the game:

Down 0-14 - "OK we're not ready for prime-time"
Down 17-28 - "well at least the offense will be entertaining, but we're about to give up 50"
Down 24-28 - "so you're saying we have a chance?"
Tied at 31 - "OK where's the blood pressure monitor"

This is why I avoid the GameDay thread for the most part.
I've seen enough of this crew that when they go down by 14 or 21, I just say "you're digging a deeper hole boys", but I never think they're out of it till the last few minutes. This offense can strike lightning quick.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:22 PM)bonesaw Wrote: Not sure on their names but I'd like to thank whoever 35 was.  He did Chase's signature griddy dance after knocking a ball away from him.  After that Chase had no mercy 

Chase knows hom, they are from the same town. And they are both friends with the guy that came up with the griddy, who Chase had invited to the game. It wasn't as in your face as it seemed.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:46 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Even though Burrow had 466 yds.as opposed to 525 against the Ravens,this win was more impressive because of the defense he was facing.

Agreed. It was a better defense, and the stakes felt even higher.

That said, I did like that they were beating bracket coverage against the Ravens, because that had been giving them troubles prior to that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:33 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, Chase made him pay for mocking his dance step.

That was Charvius Ward. I think Fenton was the one who kept clapping after each holding penalty though. LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:33 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: KC in the previous 8 games:

Joe Burrow vs KC:

He's been on absolute fire.  And the Ravens didn't appear to be such a pushover for the Rams and steelers, even though they did end up losing to both in the end.

I am so thrilled the team got a pseudo bye week and Burrow is seeing the field so amazingly well.  He's the real MVP, given what he has done and the division he plays in.  
Reply/Quote