Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most shaded Bengal
Of course folks are mad today because we lost a heartbreaker to a division foe. But with all the (fill in the blank) sucks I thought I would get folk's opinion on who is the Bengals thrown the most shade that does not deserve it.

My pick: Shawn Williams

Dude pretyy much won a game for us, is on pace for 100 tackles, 6 INTs, and brings the Thunder.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course folks are mad today because we lost a heartbreaker to a division foe. But with all the (fill in the blank) sucks I thought I would get folk's opinion on who is the Bengals thrown the most shade that does not deserve it.

My pick: Shawn Williams

Dude pretyy much won a game for us, is on pace for 100 tackles, 6 INTs, and brings the Thunder.

He is a good player probably should be used around the Box  more but he does a good job of what he is asked to do. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Currently I'd go with John Ross. Domata Peko is up there on the all time list.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Williams is, and has been, an average to above average safety. He isn't your center field coverage star like a lot of people want him to be, but he is more of your traditional Strong Safety.
Reply/Quote
Without a doubt, it is Andy Dalton. Looking at his numbers, what he has done in the league and where he is ranked across the board on all statistics, he is in some pretty elite company. But people in Cincinnati boo him at charity softball games...
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Without a doubt, it is Andy Dalton. Looking at his numbers, what he has done in the league and where he is ranked across the board on all statistics, he is in some pretty elite company. But people in Cincinnati boo him at charity softball games...

I want a super bowl victory,and no one on this team or in this organization will ever get that done.We are doomed to see awlful football FOREVER.Fifty years and counting.Its just insane.They will struggle to beat the browns and believe that.
Reply/Quote
By all measurable accounts, Shawn Williams is having a great season. Criticism or blame toward him for the defense's troubles, certainly would seem unwarranted. However, one of my fantasy teams is an NFL fantasy league team, I have both Geno and Dunlap on my team. I can assure you that both of them are seriously underperforming this year, statistically anyway..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By all measurable accounts, Shawn Williams is having a great season.  Criticism or blame toward him for the defense's troubles, certainly would seem unwarranted.  However, one of my fantasy teams is an NFL fantasy league team, I have both Geno and Dunlap on my team.  I can assure you that both of them are seriously underperforming this year, statistically anyway..

You play IDP....you sir are a monster. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:08 AM)jason Wrote: Currently I'd go with John Ross. Domata Peko is up there on the all time list.

Agree with both.

(11-19-2018, 10:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By all measurable accounts, Shawn Williams is having a great season. Criticism or blame toward him for the defense's troubles, certainly would seem unwarranted. However, one of my fantasy teams is an NFL fantasy league team, I have both Geno and Dunlap on my team. I can assure you that both of them are seriously underperforming this year, statistically anyway..

Geno hasn’t had a sack since 10/7...

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:08 AM)jason Wrote: Currently I'd go with John Ross. Domata Peko is up there on the all time list.

Ross has 9 catches for 118 yards this year and in his career.

That's not good for a 1st Round pick in Year 2.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: By all measurable accounts, Shawn Williams is having a great season.  Criticism or blame toward him for the defense's troubles, certainly would seem unwarranted.  However, one of my fantasy teams is an NFL fantasy league team, I have both Geno and Dunlap on my team.  I can assure you that both of them are seriously underperforming this year, statistically anyway..

Williams, Billings, and Kirkpatrick all get more blame than they deserve.

Glenn, Price, and Evans get more praise than they deserve. Boling is overrated this year too.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Williams, Billings, and Kirkpatrick all get more blame than they deserve.

Glenn, Price, and Evans get more praise than they deserve. Boling is overrated this year too.

Kirkpatrick makes it too easy.  I didn't see his penalty, but I'm sure it was well earned, and then watching him jump around after making a tackle 7 yards downfield was embarrassing.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'd argue that the play of our safety's (neither of them are all that good) is getting pumped up by their tackling numbers.

Their numbers are reflective of the poor Defense. Anytime you have safeties leading in tackles for a team, it isn't a reflection of them it's a reflection of a poor defense. The higher the tackle numbers, the worse the Defense is. Not a good indicator of safety play.

When it comes to numbers for safeties "tackles" are the worse.

His INT's has improved tho.

The numbers you want to look at is passing yards (TE) given up and big passing plays (over 40 yards) against the D.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:07 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ross has 9 catches for 118 yards this year and in his career.

That's not good for a 1st Round pick in Year 2.

And 4 TD’s (that could easily be double that).

His injury issues are definitely annoying, and he had some issues early in the season causing turnovers, but he absolutely doesn’t deserve the level of hate he gets.

Two things I’ll say in his defense is Dalton isn’t the greatest match for him, and we don’t use him enough, or in the right ways.

Just like people always say they want to see what Dalton could do on another team, I wonder what Ross could do with a better deep ball QB and a line that could give him time to get down the field.

And just to be accurate, it’s 11 rec for 145 yds. In 7 games.

Reply/Quote
That would be Marvin, he gets "shaded" as millennials like to say or as I like to say, get thrown under the bus most.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:49 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: That would be Marvin, he gets "shaded" as millennials like to say or as I like to say, get thrown under the bus most.

A.  We're talking about players, here.

B.  You don't think the criticism of Marvin Lewis is genuinely warranted?

C.  If you don't, please explain why you feel that way.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:52 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A.  We're talking about players, here.

B.  You don't think the criticism of Marvin Lewis is genuinely warranted?

C.  If you don't, please explain why you feel that way.

a. He didn't specify players (I made sure to check since bfine32 is very picky). If I pick a player, it is Hopkins. Clapping We won with him at CENTER and the offense has failed with Price back at center. They probably work better switching positions. Hopkins is not as fast or agile to take on DE. Price is more suited for that, the C has to be more of an anchor.

b & c. He's done pretty good considering who the boss is. :andy: Let's face it, he only had less than a week to be HC and DC.  :paul:
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:01 PM)Bengalitis Wrote:
Quote:a. He didn't specify players (I made sure to check since bfine32 is very picky). If I pick a player, it is Hopkins. Clapping We won with him at CENTER and the offense has failed with Price back at center. They probably work better switching positions. Hopkins is not as fast or agile to take on DE. Price is more suited for that, the C has to be more of an anchor.

Ok, fair enough.
Quote:[quote pid='634133' dateline='1542639716']
b & c. He's done pretty good considering who the boss is. :andy: Let's face it, he only had less than a week to be HC and DC.  :paul:

He's had the same boss for 16 years, has more freedom, input and control over the operations of the team than anyone under said Boss' entire time as owner.  Result?  Still no playoff wins, and facing a 3rd losing season in a row.
[/quote]

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Kirkpatrick makes it too easy.  I didn't see his penalty, but I'm sure it was well earned, and then watching him jump around after making a tackle 7 yards downfield was embarrassing.  

I'm not saying he's great or even good...but his PFF rating is similar to Jackson and Dennard. He's also the #1 CB meaning he draws the other teams best receivers more.

That said, he's overpaid...and we paid him off of 1 good year.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And 4 TD’s (that could easily be double that).

His injury issues are definitely annoying, and he had some issues early in the season causing turnovers, but he absolutely doesn’t deserve the level of hate he gets.

Two things I’ll say in his defense is Dalton isn’t the greatest match for him, and we don’t use him enough, or in the right ways.

Just like people always say they want to see what Dalton could do on another team, I wonder what Ross could do with a better deep ball QB and a line that could give him time to get down the field.

And just to be accurate, it’s 11 rec for 145 yds. In 7 games.

11 receptions for 145 yards and 4 TD's thru 7 games are not good numbers.

So he's on pace for 25 receptions and 350 yards. That's terrible for a 1st Round pick in Year 2.
Reply/Quote