Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most shaded Bengal
(11-20-2018, 02:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Never said you should underthrow deep passes. Just providing context. 

Those 2 particular throws had possible reasons why they were off. And considering how long Ross spent in the dog house and how Andy has NEVER struggled with other receivers like this, the logical conclusion is that these struggles are more on Ross than Dalton. Especially seeing how many INT's Ross has caused.

Fwiw, Dalton has a 47.9 rating while targeting Ross. I've never seen him have a rating that low with any other WR in 8 years. Like McC said, they aren't doing anything creative to get Ross the ball, but it still shouldn't be that bad.
I don't understand that either they used M.Jones on end a rounds and Screens a lot .hell they do that with Boyd too. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Which player gets the most light post? I think that Andy gets way too much cornbread for a starting QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2018, 04:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, Ross definately needs to stay healthy so they can get on the same page. But i have atleast been encouraged
by Ross the last two weeks. One of the few bright spots on this team. The coaching is really the problem.

I still see reasons for hope with Ross for sure. Just wish we'd use some creative screens to bust him free and raise his confidence.

(11-20-2018, 04:14 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: I don't understand that either they used M.Jones on end a rounds and Screens a lot .hell they do that with Boyd too. 

Exactly. That was the old playbook that Lazor ditched though. Can't say I've been impressed by Lazor this year. The whole staff just needs to go. It's a mess.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
The guy I throw shade at the most is probably Fejedelem, and even I recognize it usually isn't based on anything fair. Can't help it, though. Other than that, it's usually Dre and Ross==Dre for excessive drama queening and Ross for dogging it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Without a doubt, it is Andy Dalton. Looking at his numbers, what he has done in the league and where he is ranked across the board on all statistics, he is in some pretty elite company. But people in Cincinnati boo him at charity softball games...

He utterly chokes in the playoffs - every time. Holds the NFL's all-time worst record in the playoffs and has a 57 playoff passer rating to go with it. There are backups around the league who play better when given the chance. That's why he's booed.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 01:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Obviously nobody expected the best LB core in the league, or even anything close. That’s silly. Not allowing them to be historically bad is pretty reasonable though. We’ve never had good LBers under Marvin (other than Burfict). And they weren’t this bad until Haslett took over.
Why would they not be historical bad when they are part of the same system that made our D-line and secondary historically bad. With so many first round picks in the CB and dominate players that are getting huge paydays on the D-line. But you expect the LB group to be average while the secondary and D-line is playing below average under the system Austin brought in.

I agree we have never had good linebackers while Marvin has been here but that don't fall into Haslett lap.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:49 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course folks are mad today because we lost a heartbreaker to a division foe. But with all the (fill in the blank) sucks I thought I would get folk's opinion on who is the Bengals thrown the most shade that does not deserve it.

My pick: Shawn Williams

Dude pretyy much won a game for us, is on pace for 100 tackles, 6 INTs, and brings the Thunder.

John Ross... in very limited use, he has four TDs in something like 10 targets?  When will they ever give this guy a shot with Jet sweeps, screens, and slants?  So stupid they way they use him.  Marv is still trying to make his point that they needed a LB not a WR.  Funny, as it really seemed to help Boyd get his shit together.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2018, 10:20 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: John Ross... in very limited use, he has four TDs in something like 10 targets?  When will they ever give this guy a shot with Jet sweeps, screens, and slants?  So stupid they way they use him.  Marv is still trying to make his point that they needed a LB not a WR.  Funny, as it really seemed to help Boyd get his shit together.  

Screen passes would be nice if our O-line could consistently block for something like that or it gets blown up.

They have to not only know their assignments for what the D is showing but have the physical abilities to execute them.

I swear when I watch another team and see their line block properly for a screen pass it makes me jealous.

Jet sweeps also require a lot better blocking no matter who has the ball.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Just wanted to say that Shawn continues to preform well. Bates was quick out of the gate, but SW has been solid all year.

Shawn needs to share the story of the old bull and the young bull with Bates.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to say that Shawn continues to preform well. Bates was quick out of the gate, but SW has been solid all year.

The old bull, and the young bull?

Do tell bfine...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 08:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just wanted to say that Shawn continues to preform well. Bates was quick out of the gate, but SW has been solid all year.

Both have been good this season and both could get 100 tackles this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 09:59 PM)jason Wrote: The old bull, and the young bull?

Do tell bfine...

https://youtu.be/qeRfQs6_fC4

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2018, 10:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: https://youtu.be/qeRfQs6_fC4

You think Williams and Bates have had a similar conversation?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Safety is probably the least of our worries.
Reply/Quote