Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Coaches and Coordinators for 2020
Give Zac time.. gotta throw Dalton in the dumpster. Then we can start to go somewhere.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:26 PM)Au165 Wrote: I meant in terms of these horrible threads. These are basically fantasy threads, might as well say "Name you're favorite people you want on the team" in terms of free agency. That list is as likely to happen as a total house cleaning after one year. Will we fire some coaches? Maybe. Will we fire everyone and start over? Nope.

Unfortunately no. Better yet if we're living in fantasy land lets fire the owner and entire front office.
Reply/Quote
Zac isn't going anywhere and seriously someone wants Hue back????? That has to be a joke.

The off season or sooner needs to look like this -

1. Zac relinquishes offensive play calling

2. A seasoned veteran defensive coordinator is hired

3. A true GM is hired and Duke Tobin is fired

4. Andy Dalton is traded

5. All position coaches are re-evaluated, esp O-Line and LBer
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
HC or OC - Gary Kubiak
HC or OC - Dante Scarneccia
HC or DC - JDR

I hate to be one of the types to rush to judgement or to claim that someone can't do something, but I would be absolutely SHOCKED if ZT posted a winning record as a HC in the NFL in the next 5 years.  Failing gracefully has its merits.
Reply/Quote
Zac still playing ANDY shows he's just as stubborn as good o' Mikey.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2019, 03:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A guy like Lafleur came in and has the Packers winning. In the NFL, with free agency and injuries...you generally don't see teams take a progression over 3-4 years. Like win 3 games, then 6, then 9, then 12.

Good coaches turn the ship around immediately.

Taylor is a HORRIBLE play caller. That needs fixed.

The difference between Lafleur and Taylor is that Lafleur is coaching the Packers with Aaron Rodgers and Taylor is coaching the Bengals with Andy Dalton. Aaron Rodgers is the type of QB that increases the level of play of his supporting cast whereas Dalton is the type of QB that has his level of play increase when he has a strong supporting cast. Aaron, Brady, Mahomes are QBs on the elite level where below average WR look like 2nd WR and 2nd WR can look like a star. 

Also, Packers have an actual experienced DC and he was able to take the team to its next level this year. Overall the Packers are in a much better place both with the FO, coaches, QB play, etc...

I think QB play is what is hurting the Bengals. I mean even the RT we all dislike even told Dalton to step up in the pocket and deliver the ball. That just speaks volume to me as a fan that the players around Dalton are now starting to see his faults and its hurting not only the offense but the team. Maybe Dalton should man up and tell coach Taylor to bench him. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 02:09 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: The difference between Lafleur and Taylor is that Lafleur is coaching the Packers with Aaron Rodgers and Taylor is coaching the Bengals with Andy Dalton. Aaron Rodgers is the type of QB that increases the level of play of his supporting cast whereas Dalton is the type of QB that has his level of play increase when he has a strong supporting cast. Aaron, Brady, Mahomes are QBs on the elite level where below average WR look like 2nd WR and 2nd WR can look like a star. 

Also, Packers have an actual experienced DC and he was able to take the team to its next level this year. Overall the Packers are in a much better place both with the FO, coaches, QB play, etc...

I think QB play is what is hurting the Bengals. I mean even the RT we all dislike even told Dalton to step up in the pocket and deliver the ball. That just speaks volume to me as a fan that the players around Dalton are now starting to see his faults and its hurting not only the offense but the team. Maybe Dalton should man up and tell coach Taylor to bench him. 

I get that Rodgers is good, but the Packers had a poor record last year.

I feel like Lafleur is a better coach than ZT plain and simple. You can see ZT's deficiencies in his playcalling.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 02:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I get that Rodgers is good, but the Packers had a poor record last year.

I feel like Lafleur is a better coach than ZT plain and simple. You can see ZT's deficiencies in his playcalling.

The difference is Lafleur was a OC for two years vs. Taylor only being a WR/QB coach before becoming a HC. 

This year IMO it ZT learning year; he will learn how hard it is to be a HC and call plays. If he is smart he will make adjustments for next year. If he is bad than the year will start off bad and chance are the team won't improve enough to be a winning team. 

If the team can't get to 8-8 next year than it is time to move on from ZT. 

Looking back and given the FO the Bengals have, ML worked magic with this team. He did two rebuilds and both times he ended up in the playoffs. He is a brilliant coach but he just had a bad FO that didn't know how to bring talent into the organization. 

If ML comes back to the NFL as a HC; I'm sure he will end up coaching another team to the playoffs and maybe get his first playoff win as a coach. In fact, my gut is telling me that team he will win against will be the Bengals. Wouldn't that be ironic? 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 02:35 PM)MEBengalsFan Wrote: If ML comes back to the NFL as a HC; I'm sure he will end up coaching another team to the playoffs and maybe get his first playoff win as a coach. In fact, my gut is telling me that team he will win against will be the Bengals. Wouldn't that be ironic? 

I wish no ill on Marvin, and frankly if he became a head coach elsewhere and won a playoff game, I'd be happy for him.  But man, if that wouldn't be a wake up call to this organization, nothing would.   
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
No way do I want hue jackson back in this Fn building NO WAY. I dont care what he did in '15. That guy is full of himself who abused there power and belittles everybody. That guy is the micheal Scott of football just an idiot.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote