Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The most single-game grades below 70.0 among QBs since 2011:
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 04:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Conversely, as of May 2018, Dalton was 13th in number of games over 100 QB rating among active QBs. And he was 13th in 100+ games in % of games started.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/5/29/17401916/ranking-nfl-qbs-by-their-100-passer-rating-games-dak-pescott-aaron-rodgers-tom-brady-carson-wentz

As far as I know, this isn't just from 2011 up, but over the course of their careers.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 04:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Like 75 of em weren't his fault, see the AD excuse list and you can explain em all away.  Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
On the other end only 6 QBs have more games with a rating of 125 or greater

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Ryan
Wilson
Rivers

I have always said that Dalton's biggest problem was consistency. When he is good he is among the very best, but when he is bad he is terrible.
Reply/Quote

Wait a second.  What are these numbers?  They are not the "passer rating" we are all used to.

Dalton only has 37 games with a passer rating under 70 in his career.

Is this some of that PFF junk?

Since 81 games is way over half of the games Dalton has played (127) I am guessing a 70 rating is above average and not nearly as bad as a 70 passer rating.

In fact, if the posted the top 10 I bet you would see some more very good QBs on that list.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 04:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That puts him in the company of champions... Amirite?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 05:24 PM)jason Wrote: That puts him in the company of champions... Amirite?

Technically,yes.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:12 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Technically,yes.

Cue the Queen song...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 04:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Conversely, as of May 2018, Dalton was 13th in number of games over 100 QB rating among active QBs. And he was 13th in 100+ games in % of games started.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/5/29/17401916/ranking-nfl-qbs-by-their-100-passer-rating-games-dak-pescott-aaron-rodgers-tom-brady-carson-wentz

As far as I know, this isn't just from 2011 up, but over the course of their careers.

So he’s either really good or really bad...

Sounds about right. Consistency, and never knowing which Andy would show up (unless it’s playoffs) have always been an issue.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 06:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So he’s either really good or really bad...

Sounds about right. Consistency, and never knowing which Andy would show up (unless it’s playoffs) have always been an issue.

Yep.
Reply/Quote
Not a huge fan of PFF grades. I think their rankings give a good reference material, but not an inarguable standpoint.

It's also a counting stat, which isn't good comparison since at least 50% of all starting QBs in the league right now have been starters for less than 5 years. Mitchell Trubisky could have been below 70 graded every single game of his entire 2.5 year career and still wouldn't be able to make that list.

That said, I do recognize that Dalton has had a lot of really low lows in his career. Doubly so when you figure in the Marvin Primetime/Steelers failures.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 07:07 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not a huge fan of PFF grades. I think their rankings give a good reference material, but not an inarguable standpoint.

It's also a counting stat, which isn't good comparison since at least 50% of all starting QBs in the league right now have been starters for less than 5 years. Mitchell Trubisky could have been below 70 graded every single game of his entire 2.5 year career and still wouldn't be able to make that list.

That said, I do recognize that Dalton has had a lot of really low lows in his career. Doubly so when you figure in the Marvin Primetime/Steelers failures.

That's the thing that just burns my @zz the most. I'm sick to damn death of curling up in a fetal position vs. them.
Reply/Quote
Three of those players have been to the Super Bowl. The other two have played for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 07:30 PM)Destro Wrote: Three of those players have been to the Super Bowl. The other two have played for the Bengals.

And Cam shit himself when he played in the SB. Might as well have been a Bengal...

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 07:30 PM)Destro Wrote: Three of those players have been to the Super Bowl. The other two have played for the Bengals.

Also worth noting all three have been replaced. Although Cam’s situation will be interesting.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: On the other end only 6 QBs have more games with a rating of 125 or greater

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Ryan
Wilson
Rivers

I have always said that Dalton's biggest problem was consistency.  When he is good he is among the very best, but when he is bad he is terrible.

Isn't that the root of the issue? Out of 16 games he'll have 4 great ones. 4 terrible ones. And 8 average ones.

When he has the great games people are like Wow...he's great! When he has a bad one...people are like We need a new QB. Then the 8 average ones people interpret however the interpret the other ones.

It is consistency.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 08:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And Cam shit himself when he played in the SB. Might as well have been a Bengal...

Bengals would shit themselves if they won a playoff game. Since we showed up at a Super Bowl when George H.W. Bush was president, think getting to one is pretty impressive.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 08:44 PM)Destro Wrote: Bengals would shit themselves if they won a playoff game. Since we showed up at a Super Bowl when George H.W. Bush was president, think getting to one is pretty impressive.

...and you want to know what’s even worse about that? Bush 41 had only been president a couple weeks! Ronald Reagan was still the president for the entirety of the regular season.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: On the other end only 6 QBs have more games with a rating of 125 or greater

Brees
Rodgers
Brady
Ryan
Wilson
Rivers

I have always said that Dalton's biggest problem was consistency.  When he is good he is among the very best, but when he is bad he is terrible.

Am I missing something here? I was expecting to see Dalton on the list?

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2019, 07:11 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: That's the thing that just burns my @zz the most. I'm sick to damn death of curling up in a fetal position vs. them.

Tell me about it. Trick or treaters make me nervous.  Nervous 

I think people who play video games killing zombies are actually satisfying an internal urge to avoid that mob of trick or treaters coming to the door to take shit from you. Ninja

Damnit, I think I just made a Grampohol post?

Anyway, I realize you post was about the Steelers. Same thing. LOL 

Reply/Quote