Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The most talented WR to wear a Bengals uniform
AJ Green.
Reply/Quote
Based on how the question is worded it's TO easily. Best they've drafted still Chad at this point but if I was a GM or coach I'd take AJ over Chad every time.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 07:03 PM)impactplaya Wrote: if anything no matter the Era the Bengals have amassed some really great WRs over time.
in your opinion and observation who was the most talented to wear the stripes ?
throw the over stats out the window.
on a pure talent stand point who takes the crown?
just one wr.
I'm gonna go with the late Chris Henry.
yeah he #3 on a deep deep depth chart but he could have started for most the NFL teams
always produced when his number was called.
fastest WR I saw tracking a ball.down
always a thorn in the Steelers side..they had no answer for him

Chad Johnson in his prime was one of the best WRs ever, for any uniform, so I will take him.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 09:09 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If it is just running their mouth.. Im going with Chad...  Wink

I know you were just being sarcastic, but I would take Chad's fire over AJ's occasional indifference any day of the week and twice on Sunday.  And I loved "the list".  How many other players would put themselves out there like that?  Do you think this team would be better if every player took beating his opposite number as serious as Chad?  I say yes.  
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 04:12 AM)ah5 Wrote: Most talented... Terrell Owens.... sucks but it's true.

I have to agree, based on the question asked. TO was the best receiver to wear the orange and black, even if he did so for one season.

For more than one season though, I probably will go with AJ, Chad, and Curtis in that order. AJ came into the league with 'god-given' talent already. Chad had to work at it hard to get to where he was. 

Also give AJ Carson's arm throwing to him back in the day, his numbers would be much more impressive in his early years.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Close call between Chad AJ. As it stands right now id go with Chad, but wouldn't be surprised at all if AJ surpasses Chad when he retires
Reply/Quote
I get it, we went 4-12 and it stunk but I don't see why people let that completely ruin their ability to actually somewhat enjoy a futuer HOFer stepping up as a great #2 WR for us. Hell, TO scoring 2 TDs against the stupid Steelers (who were SO SURE that has been was NEVER going to find the endzone against them!) in a loss (because, of course) was more of a season highlight than our pointless wins that year.

The guy came here and did his job and we act like he MADE Carson throw 20 INTs. Yeah, that made sense until Carson threw 22 of the damn things while throwing to Larry Fitzgerald. Stupid HOF WRs without rings making Carson look bad! Shame on them.

Anyways, TO did his job here and the next time we get that production out of a #2 WR we are going to go nuts with glee. Actually, Marvin Jones did that in 2013 and yea, I recall us being pretty pumped.
Reply/Quote
Collinsworth

:jk:
Reply/Quote
I'm going to change it for me, and not go on just talent. We had a guy with talent very much like one teams player now that talks to the kickers practice net. Hot Dog stuff.....I'm going to throw in leadership and team and what John Madden would call a Madden player. ...That includes winning....I like Issac Curtis and AJ Green....but for someone who was a leader and helped us win, I would say Collinsworth.....but, AJ Green is far from done. He could end up the best ever if we can get some play-off wins with him. .....Again, the All Madden types would be Curtis, Green, Collinsworth. Madden announced a game and wasn't all that impressed by our star player who hot dogged it on the sidelines. Madden said that stuff is for losers. ....So I will say Collinsworth for talent, leadership, wins. ...but AJ Green still playing and he could end up the best ever....Issac Curtis was very good.

Collinsworth for now........I would love to have double TE's of Bob Trumpy and Dan Ross and have Collinsworth, Curtis, Green and maybe that Charlie Joiner we had a couple years. No nonsense Madden Type winners.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
AJ, he is just so big, fast and can go up and just snatch the ball out the air like no Wideout i have ever seen.

Isaac Curtis 2nd, he was extremely fast with great hands, Jerry Rice before Jerry.
Reply/Quote
Has anyone said Danny Farmer yet? Probably a good reason for that.

Chad made plays that just left me speechless. Best feet in the business. He'll always get my vote.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
AJ Green. 

There's a reason he was a top 5 draft pick. 

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 02:51 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm going to change it for me, and not go on just talent.  We had a guy with talent very much like one teams player now that talks to the kickers practice net. Hot Dog stuff.....I'm going to throw in leadership and team and what John Madden would call a Madden player. ...That includes winning....I like Issac Curtis and AJ Green....but for someone who was a leader and helped us win, I would say Collinsworth.....but, AJ Green is far from done. He could end up the best ever if we can get some play-off wins with him. .....Again, the All Madden types would be Curtis, Green, Collinsworth.  Madden announced a game and wasn't all that impressed by our star player who hot dogged it on the sidelines. Madden said that stuff is for losers. ....So I will say Collinsworth for talent, leadership, wins. ...but AJ Green still playing and he could end up the best ever....Issac Curtis was very good.

Collinsworth for now........I would love to have double TE's of Bob Trumpy and Dan Ross and have Collinsworth, Curtis, Green and maybe that Charlie Joiner we had a couple years. No nonsense Madden Type winners.

Of all the possible combinations one could come up with, this one would do it for me. All men of talent, purpose, integrity, and sportsmanship. Well done, Kevin!
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2016, 08:39 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: (4 straight 1st team All-Pros '03-'06)

Not bashing Chad, but I don't think this is correct.

Chad was 2nd team All-Pro in '03 and first team in '05-'06.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 04:12 AM)ah5 Wrote: Most talented... Terrell Owens.... sucks but it's true.

Not at the time he wore a Bengals uniform.

Most raw talent was Carl Pickens.  Neither AJ nor Chad ever had a 95 yard punt return for the Bengals, and neither of them ever had 17 tds in one season.

Pickens freshman year at the University of Tennessee a rash of injuries forced them to move him to DB with just 4 games left in the season.  All he did was intercept a pass in 4 straight games (to take the team lead), return one for a td, and win the DEFENSIVE MVP of the Cotton Bowl while helping the Vols finish #5 in the country.  He went on to become an All-American WR.  During his college career he scored tds on receptions, punt returns, kick off returns, and interceptions. 

100 reception seasons are pretty common now, but when Pickens posted one in '96 only 15 other players had ever done it.  And his 17 td receptions that year was the fourth highest in NFL history
Reply/Quote
Pickens was a incredible talent
40 TDS in 3 years time
29 in 2 years
back then the game was so different
the dbs had a bit more freedom to play physical Even past 5 yds
him and Blake were as a deadly combo you would have found in the NFL from 95 to 97
Reply/Quote
Good argument for Pickens...I think I will go with Carl and A.J. as a 1A and 1B thing.
Reply/Quote
Honestly Chad and then Cris Collinsworth.

I hate saying this I think AJ is Overrated. (I think he could honestly be better if he had a little bit of what Chad had, Heart) Chad laid it out there for us. He played with so much energy and wanted it he had fire in him. I sometimes, look at AJ and feel like he is a guy who cares but realizes he has a million and one pairs of shoes and games to get to after the game.. if it is a loss.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2016, 10:04 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Pickens was a incredible talent
40 TDS in 3 years time
29 in 2 years
back then the game was so different
the dbs had a bit more freedom to play physical Even past 5 yds
him and Blake were as a deadly combo you would have found in the NFL from 95 to 97

I've got happy memories of channel 4 over here in the UK showing the weeks NFL highlights. And lots of Blake Pickens deep ball Combos.  
At least that is what it felt like from memory.
Reply/Quote
I'll go with Chad, I would say green but I agree I think he's a little overrated. His first year I thought he was a straight beast. He always snatched the ball out of the air. Now I see him letting the ball come to him more often then not. Also have to put Henry in there, he was just a great deep ball receiver nobody had a answer for.
Reply/Quote